1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Inhumans" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

What can a major company do when it's certain group of merry mutants isn't available to use? They get Inhuman!

[​IMG]

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I barely know anything about the Inhumans outside of their appearances in the 90's Fantastic Four cartoon. Might be cool to see.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this should be interesting who gets cast for this. They need to snag Jessica Chastain for Medusa quick.

It should be interesting how they tie this in, cause I think GotG already set things up. I still wonder if Star Lords dad is an Inhuman.

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is kinda like Guardians in terms of Marvel Studios making a movie about a group of characters that the general public have probably never heard of but who hold a lot of storytelling possibilities. When we first heard about the movie, I recall it being advertised as a sort of "Game of Thrones" -esque movie, which could definitely work :).

Definitely looking forward to seeing who gets cast as the Inhumans and what their live-action costumes look like ;).

Though Feige's description for the movie leaves me thinking they're still going to be using Inhumans in at least some capacity as the MCU Mutants since they don't have the X-Men rights :sweat:.

5. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the movie will take a note from the Inhumanity event and have the Terragon Bomb set off when Thanos comes.

Also there will be a cameo of Ms.Marvel, her name will be listed or something else.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm hoping the film uses the new Ms. Marvel in the film. She could play a Peter Parker type role, judging from the current comics.

8. the greenman

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

<shakes head> Not this again.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I could see Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, and he probably wouldn't have to grow out any hair for the role since he'd likely be wearing a mask for 98% of the film :p

Also kind of funny that Vin Diesel could possibly go from one character who only says one phrase to a character who you'd never/barely be able to hear :sweat:.

Though Vin Diesel seems to really like hinting at future Marvel involvement or roles... remember that picture of him with the Avengers cover focusing on Giant-Man?

11. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

It'd be hilarious if he IS in the movie but it's as Triton or something.

12. the greenman

I'd love to see Chris Pine as Black Bolt, Jessica Chastain as Medusa, and Jake Gyllenhaal as Maximus. All they need is a really good director.

13. the greenman

McKay still being rumored for directing this, and Feige neither confirms or denies new logline:

Adam McKay in Running for All Marvel Movies Says Kevin Feige | Collider

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If we go by this logline it seems like the movie won't directly focus on the Royal Family but instead have a group of Inhumans (maybe the current NuHumans in the comics) discover them and be the general audiences viewpoint into the Royal Family and their world :ack:.

Though this description still feels a little too X-Men to me, aside from the alien part, though I admit that might be me just looking way too into it :sweat:.

15. the greenman

I'm not like a giant fan of the Inhumans or anything, so I don't follow the new stuff. I think Inhumans was cool as part of the FF universe, because they too were a family. We'll just have to wait and see how they do it.

It could very well be MARVEL Studio's way of getting their FF and X-Men in one.

16. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

17. the greenman

Yeah, the rumors are all over the place. A couple of sites suggest the film division and the television divisions are at odds since the Perlmutter split. Seeing how the t.v. universe has pretty much claimed ownership of them, it is interesting.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll wait until we get some official confirmation from Marvel, but considering how far Inhumans has been pushed back and how much AoS is diving headfirst into the Inhumans as a concept and race, giving the TV side early access to the Royal Family might be better than just having AoS stall in building it up.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh. We'll see. Phase 3 is bloated with 11 movies. Pushing Inhumans to Phase 4 might be what's happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Then Disney needs to get rid of Ike Perlmutter and let Kevin Feige run the TV side of Marvel.

#20 dmxx116, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015