1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm on the Pokemon page now

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon

Didn't see this coming. I have no idea how many new people it's going to bring in as it just happened in the last 24 hours. Currently, the most traffic-drawing link to the site is also from Wikipedia, the Ocarina of Time page which links to my archived Ariana Almondoz page.

For those wondering, you receive no warning when Wikipedia links to you; you just see traffic coming from it on Site Statistics. THIS time, it's to my Nintendo Power Vol. 80 Review page. I said near the bottom that the first printed mention of Pokemon in North America was in this issue. They used it today and linked me in "References."

The problem is, since it's an article from the site's first year, it was made on Yahoo Geocities PageBuilder and it's not the best beginner's example of the site's quality. I already went back in tonight and changed some of the more dated sentences. "The Powerpuff Girls are nowhere to be seen" is now "Spongebob is nowhere to be seen." I also removed the idiotic statement that Metal Gear Solid and Goldeneye are the same genre of video game. Full overhaul to come--I'll have to cut-and-paste this into honest, expanding HTML.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon

Didn't see this coming. I have no idea how many new people it's going to bring in as it just happened in the last 24 hours. Currently, the most traffic-drawing link to the site is also from Wikipedia, the Ocarina of Time page which links to my archived Ariana Almondoz page.

For those wondering, you receive no warning when Wikipedia links to you; you just see traffic coming from it on Site Statistics. THIS time, it's to my Nintendo Power Vol. 80 Review page. I said near the bottom that the first printed mention of Pokemon in North America was in this issue. They used it today and linked me in "References."

The problem is, since it's an article from the site's first year, it was made on Yahoo Geocities PageBuilder and it's not the best beginner's example of the site's quality. I already went back in tonight and changed some of the more dated sentences. "The Powerpuff Girls are nowhere to be seen" is now "Spongebob is nowhere to be seen." I also removed the idiotic statement that Metal Gear Solid and Goldeneye are the same genre of video game. Full overhaul to come--I'll have to cut-and-paste this into honest, expanding HTML.

3. TheMecca

Well... traffic is good, I suppose, because then people go "Hey this is an article! Look, it links to OTHER articles! I'll click on that!" and then spend hours reading the articles.