If you could exist in any animated universe...

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by wonderfly, Aug 7, 2014.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

If you could exist in any animated universe (whether it be American, Anime, movie or TV series) - which one would you choose?!?

Explain your reason.

2. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Two universes:
    1. Equestria. Why? It's the closest thing to a utopian society. It's a universe that promotes love, tolerance, happiness, and friendship. It's full of whimsy and joy, and it's just beautiful. Well, aside from all of the monsters and creatures that plague the land...but still it would be awesome.
    2. The Pokemon world. Who doesn't want to live in a world with Pokemon? It's one of the rare fantasies I wish was real. And I'd gladly be a trainer, or even a Pokemon...well, provided I don't have to travel around, don't have to battle, and don't have to do anything except laze around.

3. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

I would live in a variety of universes:
    1: Ed, Edd n Eddy. When I was 8, I wanted to get it, involve in the scams and finally eat a jawbreaker to see how it tastes like.
    And you can watch Fish Bowl 2 any time.
    2: Regular Show. All sorts of random stuff happens to occur in the RS universe, with weird references to 80s pop culture and a cool animated style.
    3: The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. I just like that show but it would be nice to live in Stormalong.

4. Neo Yi

Neo Yi A Cargo of Fineries
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Oh, definitely Legend of Korra's world. I have a fondness for the 1920s and Korra's world looks to have enough working technology that I wouldn't go crazy (I can't live in Avatar: The Last Airbender's world for precisely this reason) and hey, I get to have Bending powers to boot. Firebending, here I come!

5. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Probably Futurama, because I've always liked advanced technology and the distant future as a setting. Plus, I could travel to outer space just to buy doughnuts.

And also the Dragon Ball universe because it's bright, colorful, whimsical and seemingly anything goes. However, I wouldn't want to live in the Dragon Ball Z universe because it's citizens seem to constantly be under the threat of attacks by evil aliens.

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse: you get to be attractive, wear cool clothes and live it up in a giant mansion in a world which resembles Malibu, California. Sign me up.

Disney's Meet the Robinsons: who wouldn't want to love in a wacky, colorful Utopian future?

Winx Club or Teenage Fairytale Dropouts: fantasy worlds can be cool, and unlike most fairy tale settings like Shrek and The 7D, those universes are contemporary not medieval, so there's still modern day technology like cars, TV, computers and stuff, which I can't live without. Plus, you get to be something cool and magical like a wizard or a fairy or something.

#6 Silverstar, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  7. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

The Boondocks world seems like an interesting place. It's pretty much just the real-world only everyone knows how to fight like a kung-fu master.

8. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I started to say that it'd be cool to live in the world of 80's G.I. Joe...but then again, large portions of the Earth are susceptible to Cobra terrorist attacks (and it's too easy to stumble across a hidden Cobra base just walking around outdoors).

I'd probably enjoy living in the world of "Smurfs"...if I was a Smurf, the only real threat to my existence is a bumbling wizard and his stupid cat, so I think I'd be safe.

9. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

I didn't want to take too long a process of thinking here, but I choose The Flintstones universe. I think it'd be great for my job to operate a dinosaur to pick up boulders and carelessly drop them on my boss countless times, and he'd never die because of it (probably cause he has a hard head), so I wouldn't have a guilty conscious ... at least not for that :) --- I'd be able to fly on large bird planes as well. Even though it's strange how many things worked while 'not' seeing cables anywhere (like the TV) it could be well adjusted. Might feel a tad strange sitting on rock recliners, but somehow that works, so I could probably do okay.

Well - separate series by names but the same universe, just Z starts 5 years after the end of the original DB, they're not different universes. I'd thought to pick that one too, but thinking down the road I may get killed by most likely Majin Buu (whatever form) by either being blown up by an energy blast, turned into food or hit by the human extinction attack. On the bright side, The Outer World would be an awesome place to go, though highly frilly. Hell... um... would be interesting. Looks like the only downside is you do what you're told, but even the souls there look to get to do their own things time to time... and even if we got killed, we'd be brought back by the dragon balls eventually and later in life die of natural cause. It wouldn't be all bad... the only major downside, my mind would be inflicted on believing Hercule defeated Cell and Buu and cheering him on... THAT might be the only reason I don't choose the DB universe :p

10. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

Ben 10: I would love to help Ben, Gwen, Kevin, and Rook out in their adventures. I don't hate Ben but I'd make sure he came to his senses if he was goofing off too much. I would tell Kevin I support him and Gwen. My own powers would be magic which include shapeshifting, making objects appear on my hands, speed, etc. I would also make references to my other favorite things.

Scooby-Doo!: Who wouldn't love the idea of helping out the gang in their mysteries. I'd help out Scooby and Shaggy from the monsters who chase them. I'd like to be Velma's girlfriend and support Fred and Daphne.

Pokemon: I would love to join Ash and friends in their journeys. I'd warn them about Team Rocket's disguises and tell them their machines are immune to electric attacks. I'd like to have Mime Jr. as my Pokemon companion.

Disney animated movie/TV shows: The 2-D movies I'd love to be in are Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, etc. I'd also like to be in animated TV shows like The Legend of Tarzan and Goof Troop.

11. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Gladiator

Free Country, USA from Homestar Runner. That world seems to be verrry relaxed for the most part and the people seem like they would be fun to hang out with. Plus, there's a steady stream of pop culture to indulge in and silly competitions. At the very least, I could commission The Cheat to make me a silly flash music video.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise is also pretty sweet what with its lack of particularly vicious villains. The settings high technology, laughable villains, and fairly lowstakes atmosphere is like G1, but without the permanent death.

Gurren Lagann's epilogue would also be pretty great, since most of the major threats to the universe are gone and Earth is pretty much on top, driven by absurdly advanced, cool-looking technology. There's easy space travel, there's crazy wildlife, what more could you ask for?

Along that same vein, the space civilizations seen in Space Dandy or Wander over Yonder. Both are colorful, bright exciting settings that are very relaxed, offer a number different locales to visit, and most of the villains are incompetent and easily foiled. And while Space Dandy is more dangerous and possibly fatal to the casual traveler, snapback basically ensures that negative consequences are never too serious.

If I could cheat a bit and bring in video games, I would also like to live in the Netherinstitute Evil Academy from Disgaea 3. Of all the netherworlds featured, that one seemed to be the most relaxed with few long-term problems and access to modern conveniences. The demons there were all more bark than bite and generally friendly enough. Even the Prinnies were very laid-back there, though I wouldn't want to actually be one.

I used to want to live in The Jetsons world until that Harvey Birdman episode put forward the notion that future civilization faces cataclysmic flooding due to global warming.

12. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Well-Known Member

The Tri-State area from Phineas and Ferb looks pretty nice, as does the beachfront town from Steven Universe. Its only a specific place, but i would also love to visit Happy World Land from Tiny Toons: How i Spent My Summer Vacation. Even though i love Regular Show, i dont think it would be a very safe place to live.

13. Jane Doe

Jane Doe New Member

Yu-Gi-Oh GX For Me, Because I would Love to Attend Duel Academy, I'll Have My Best and most Bad-A## Duel Monsters Deck Ever, and Of Course I would Love to be Friends with Jaden Yuki and His Friends Too.

14. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

Mixels. It's just such a funny world, and I'd love to know how it feels in a combination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Okay I would really want to be in the Xiaolin Showdown world, mainly because of the sheng gong wu being really awesome to use and it would make life way easier :p.

16. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Ive been thinking an I gotta go with Air Gear, Air Trecks are awesome

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

17. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

HTTYD for one reason - Nightfury's. Best Dragon EVAR!

18. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I think there's already a thread like this in the General Animation board, but okay.

I would NEVER want to live in the world of Ed Edd n Eddy. Then I would have no friends at all.
    And I would never want to be a Pokémon. Then my trainer would just command me to keep fighting and fighting and fighting, and it would be horrible.

No, I'd go for one of these:
    1. The Secret Saturdays
    This would be the best thing EVER. Everything about this world is amazing :D I would love to be part of the Saturdays family and hanging around with my Cryptid pets, and going on adventures.

2. Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
    Hanging around in space with my friends, defeating Emperor Zurg, being partially friends with Warp Darkmatter. That would be great, wouldn't it?

3. Young Justice
    I would have loved to be a double spy like Artemis and Aqualad. Or just have such cool friends looks pretty fun.
    My superpowers would definitely be freezing stuff ''cryokinesis''.

4. Chip ’n Dale Rescue Rangers
    I'd love to be a frog and live together with Chip and Dale. This seems like a very safe world; I mean, those villains are just pathetic : P

5. Scooby-Doo
    Just solving mysteries with the gang is the only thing you have to worry about. I would definitely follow Fred, Velma and Daphne. I like the mystery more than food. But I do like dogs, so I'd definitely sit at the back in the Mystery Machine :)
    And when they unmask the criminals, they immediately know why he did it, even though they are OBVIOUSLY just guessing, and for some reason they are always guessing it right :D That would be fun.

19. koopatroopa

koopatroopa New Member

20. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

As much as I love the show The Flintstones I also enjoy modern living too much so I couldn't survive in The Stone Age in Bedrock. I definitely could survive though in the future with The Jetsons for sure.