1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

If they can't kill Brian Griffin, why not kill off Lois?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by DBZAOTA482, Sep 9, 2017.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I mean it's his show, I'd believe you. But that episode happened four years ago. Also, I don't think the Life of Brian stuff was necessarily good.

2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Kind of (even though there were a lot of clips of "Stewie Kills Lois" up before the episode even aired showing Lois lived even at the end of that episode) but at least it was a ratings trap based on an element that's been with the show since it's started: Stewie wanting to kill his mother and take over the world. So essentially the series was just "showing" what might happen if he did something like that. It honestly wasn't as much of a ratings ploy like "Live Of Brian" as the main point of the later was making it seem like they were forever going to kill off Brian and replace him. I never got any of that in the marketing for "Stewie Kills Lois" at all so obviously different kind of stories.

Well because if you aren't really willing to grow or evolve or do different lasting things with your characters then you can only put them through so many different scenarios and ideals before totally having it played out. Obviously the staff just constantly throws out these ideas just to have set up for generic scenarios (thus why Chris and Brian have so many one shot girlfriends) to again just tell their jokes. Honestly the Simpsons is guilty of this as well but the Simpsons tries at least more with their stories and at least has more characters to bounce off of who aren't so one note like a lot of FG's cast even at this point. Seriously how is Consuela still a thing so many years in or them just playing up Joe being crippled like 10+ years when those jokes were already beaten to death? Because they don't care to improve or really change.

3. copper20

copper20 Member

To tell their jokes? Pathetic. I could write better when I was 5 years old. If child labor wasn't illegal I'd go back in time and have my kindergarten self steal jobs from the writers.