1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

If Chuck Jones was alive would he have hated TLTS?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by shadd21, Jul 17, 2014.

1. shadd21

shadd21 Urban Ranger

Seeing how he hate both Tiny Toons and Space Jam, do you think he would've felt the same way about The Looney Tunes Show?

2. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

That's going to be impossible to certainly determine. ;-)
    Any animator's attitudes and tastes can change over time.
    Sure, he stated what he thought about TTA [I've never looked up Chuck Jones's opinion on it] and Space Jam, but as to TLTS, it'll be speculation on anyone's part.

3. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

We'll never know, since Mr. Jones is no longer with us and no one can ask him. Sure, we can speculate what he might have thought of the show, but as Narfpinky pointed out, peoples' opinions can and will vary, so what he truly would've thought of TLTS is impossible to determine.

4. Cartoon_central

My guess is that he would hate it, I can imagine him saying "Is this supposed to be funny?" and perhaps sighing in annoyance or disappointment at some of the jokes, and among other things he probably wouldn't have liked that Bugs wasn't a trickster who didn't really retaliate if someone was bothering him, Daffy being a moron, and Witch Hazel and Gosamer's reimagining as a mother and son who act and sound nothing like they did in the classic shorts.

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Yes, because people on the internet hated TLTS, so he would've hated it too. Makes perfect sense.

6. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

7. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

I guess that he would have a heart attack if he sees how The Looney Tunes Show is entirely different than the shorts he worked on!

8. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Come now. The Looney Tunes Show wasn't that bad. I'll admit that it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. TLTS was a miss, to be sure, but it wasn't another Loonatics Unleashed.

9. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

While there is no way to prove this. He would probably have hated it, yes. For being writer driven.

10. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

If Chuck disliked Tiny Toons, there's a good chance he would've hated TLTS too. There's no way to know this for sure, of course, but based on his criticisms of modern day animation in general, it's a guess with some precedent.

Remember, he coined dialog-heavy shows "illustrated radio". TLTS being less visual gag-based than the classic LT shorts, it's almost certainly something he would've said the same about TLTS.