1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

IDW to launch "TMNT Universe" ongoing series

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Wonder Woman, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

A second TMNT series focusing on the supporting cast? That sounds like a great idea givne how huge the cast for the main title has gotten.

I'm moving to trades for the main TMNT book and I imagine I'll do the same here. I'm glad IDW is expanding on the series more. Outside of the Casey & April mini, the spin-off books have been really good so far.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh, so basically they're shifting the spin off mini-series into one ongoing monthly. Interesting. Could be good to have a stable team of writers and artists.

Another new mutant? They just throwing mutagen out the window?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Given how many characters, groups, and subplots the main title has had to juggle and then promptly expand on in mini-series, making a book to cover all of that while leaving the main title to focus on the Turtles seems like a really smart idea :).

It kind of reminds me of Batman Eternal, only I think this title will likely be a lot more consistent in terms of quality and storytelling by comparison :sweat:.

Heh. That reminds me of the Nick cartoon :p.