Ideas for future Cartoon Network programs

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by SF4Ever, Aug 6, 2013.

1. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Now, in a more positive light, let's talk about some of our future ideas for Cartoon Network programs. Remember, come up with your own ideas for future programs, not established properties. I'm going to start with a several ideas:

The Encarnacions - An animated family situation comedy about a full-time delivery driver(Cornell), his wife, an elementary school teacher(Eleanor), their eldest daughter, a college freshman(Shakira), their only son, a high school junior(Julio) and their youngest daughter, a high school sophomore(Daniela), living in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood, dealing with the hustle and bustle culture of their melting-pot community and dealing with plenty of unpredictable situations. Cornell is a member of a local fraternity, while Eleanor is a member of the PTA. While Cornell bowls on Fridays, Eleanor like to play bridge. Shakira works at the public library, while her brother Julio plays on their high school's baseball team and sister Daniela plays for the high school's softball team.

Disque and Hopper - An animated situation comedy with 2 young adult men from Chicago, who share an apartment and go to work, each day to support their apartment rent and bills. The two men- Donnie "Disque" Jackson, he works in an auto-detailing shop, where he custom designs automobiles and Hank "Hopper" Hopkins, he works as a roller rink disc jockey, during the day. On their days off from work, Disque and Hopper catch up with some of their friends, either at the basketball court and shoot some hoops with them or at their favorite restaurant and grill, where they watch their local Chicago sports teams competing. Similar to Fat Albert, but with clean jokes and hip humor. Disque's favorite line is, "I'm not down with that jazz", when rejecting something that's bad, while Hopper's line is, "Save the jive for someone that cares", when avoiding drama. Animated urban comedy has been missing, not just from Cartoon Network, but also from its competition, as well.

Cole & Cabrera - An animated hour-long police detective program with an african-american male(Det. DeWayne Cole) and his hispanic female partner(Det. Susie Cabrera). Both are under the command of Capt. John Trang and are assisted by Detectives Sam Rainwater, Estelle Mustafa, Dmitri Karloff and Belle Craven, investigating various, non-murderous crimes, such as vandalism, burglary, grand larceny, kidnapping, human trafficking, racketeering, theft, etc. When was the last time an original hour-long drama has been on Cartoon Network? It can't hurt to try new ideas.

Now, if anyone has any ideas for future animated programming ideas for Cartoon Network, feel free to chime in, but it can't hurt to be original and thoughtful.

2. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Darwin the Merman: Imagine if all Fish Hooks characters were merpeople. Most of them get advanced education at birth, and they are immortal. And then you get Darwin the Merman, Darwin lives with older sister Bea and older brother Kevin. Together, they have to face problems, crushes and anythem else.
    Technically, DtM exists on The Drawing Board, but since no one has actually read my posts about it (on TDB), I might as well post info about that.
    TIMEBOMB: Action series slated to air on Friday/Saturday nights at 8:30pm. Holmes and Kate are two investigators who are searching for the lost treasure of na old American president. Together, they team with a Russian imnmigrant who works at a car repairing center.
    These are my two ideas, at least for now.

3. Lemanic

Lemanic Member

Elevation - Think of Disney's Cars, but with an RTS system instead. This CGI animated show resolves around the Chicago L and consists of 8 main characters and their wacky adventures in Chicagoland.

4. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

I have some more ideas for future Cartoon Network programs:

N.Y.S.P. - An hour-long animated adventure series with the New York State Police as the central focus. This unit will be working out of the N.Y.S.P.'s Bronx post, with 2 central characters, Troopers Sherrie Gable and Chauncey Filmore and they're under the command of their by-the-book C.O., Sgt. Bill Brannigan. BTW, Gable and Filmore patrol in their service SUV with Filmore doing the driving. They deal with cases, such as smuggling of contraband, carjackings, motorcycle gangs, train derailments, boat accidents on shore, evacuation emergencies, etc.- primarily any situation that's typical of what happens on New York state's roadways and travel areas that the N.Y.S.P. has to deal with.

Swamp City - An animated comedy, centering on anthropomorphic husband-and-wife frogs, who live next door to their alligator friend, who's uncle and legal guardian to 2 kiddie gators, who hang around with their friends, who are tadpoles, kiddie iguanas, kiddie turtles and other kiddie gators. The community is primarily anthropomorphic swamp creatures, which in addition to frogs, alligators, turtles and iguanas will include pelicans, foxes, fish, etc., all making a middle-class living.

That's all I have, for now- I'll come up with some more ideas, later.

5. RandomMe

(tentative title) Check Mate: Cartoon Network's potential idea for a first drama series (and the first mer-themed drama series as well). Rhett is a merman with a weird life. He became a merman at age 13 after his parents told him about his shocking heritage, got kicked out of school and his family days before his 13th birthday. Weeks later, he discovers a girl with the same problem: coming out of rhett's heritage turned into a mermaid at 13 and got kicked out of her school and family: Arianna, which after the change, has become Arrow. Rhett is a fan of videogames and chess, and Arrow just spends her free time writing haikus and watching animes. How do they actually live? How are they? What are their hopes and dreams?

6. RandomMe

...and it moved to the fitting CD forums. People don't pay attention to my threads about Darwin the Merman. I even made half of a transcript of an episode!
    By the way, I like the name "Check Mate". Oh, and Rhett loves electronic trance/music as well. He even plays Audiosurf.
    (for more info visit shrib.com/cncheckmate)

#6 RandomMe, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  7. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

Since you never know WHO'S reading this stuff, let me just say that the idea below this sentence belongs to Darissa Townes. Don't you dare steal it!

Keepers of Smallstar-
    A comedy-drama, sci-fi series about a 13-year old human named Tanner Smallstar who is a "Keeper", essentially an intergalactic protector of the space-exploring Junketeers. He's one of the worst ones yet though, as he's very lazy and could care less about the Junketeers since he was raised by them. To hopefully set the boy straight, the Junketeers send the primate Marlin Cornelius, a once-famous Keeper, to keep Tanner in line and teach him the ways of his job. They complete missions of various kinds and learn to work together, while finding out the mysteries of the universe and the strange aliens that live among it.

#7 Rhaynebow, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  8. RandomMe

I just added text on that Shrib note today!
    About Keepers of Smallstar, I like that idea.

9. RandomMe

Set in an alternate dimension, it tells the lives of Sandra, Phyllian, Watson and Ken, who fight in alternate dimensions (though two of them can travel to Earth in the real dimension to just distract from the impending terror of the alternate dimensions) and still have some time to decide who will wash their own clothes.
    The alternate dimension in which the show is set is run by a merman who oddly enough looks like Ken.
    The show must have an epic title: SUPER TEAM OF FOUR EPIC BATTLES GO GO GO!!!

10. StellaMagic

StellaMagic Active Member

I have one idea:

Dinosaucers Reboot Four kids, along with their archaeologist parents, discover a frozen ship in the arctic with dinoids called the Dinosaucers. The leader, Allo, explains they are the last of a race from the Planet Reptilon because of the evil warlord, Genghis Rex and his troop of evil tyrannos, who are also alive at a volcano outside Maui. They seek to find lost artifacts that will grant either side power to restore Reptilon.

#10 StellaMagic, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
  11. RandomMe

It shouldn't be Sandra, it should be Harmony. My mistake...

12. RandomMe

I just updated my note to add a new character...

13. LexHugo86

LexHugo86 Member

And & And

Its a series of cartoon shorts within a half hour show, each of them being about 2 friends, and the name of these cartoon shorts have the " and" in the title. One cartoon could be called Mike AND Luke. The other, Zack and Zik. Bruce and Lee, Amy and Dopey, Lang and Dang, Janey and White, Sanjay and Fanboy, etc.... All of them have "and" in the title. What do they have in common? they all have lazy title names

14. RandomMe

Tone of the Ocean: A drama about a merman who wants to find a place in a town. Let's hope that Check Mate will become more comedic.

15. RandomMe

I dropped the ideas for Checkmate, Rhett and Arrow are now Khyber's older brother and sister, and I invented the character almost a year ago.
    Anyway, how about...
    REVENGE OF ARROW
    TV series focusing on a magical immortal man which has given the appearance and voice of a13-year old. He has to battle weird things in some island. A bit comedic and full of action.

16. Rabbitdust

Rabbitdust New Member

California Monsters: The show revolves around 6 main characters and them growing up and learning how high school isn't as amazing as it was supposed to be. All of the characters in the show will be some type of creature or animal, no humans! Every character has a certain goal in the story that they are trying to achieve. The show will take place in Southern California in the (fictional) town "Clear Seas", which is a mixture of the real SoCal towns Oceanside, Vista, and Fallbrook.

If you guys would like to know more please ask!