1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal character Design for Lauren Faust's DC Superhero Girls?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Gabs Sama, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Gabs Sama

Gabs Sama Member

So I found this on Tumblr
    [​IMG]

And I love how very late Hannah Barbara era the character design is. We've seen this similar style in Dexter's, Powerpuff Girls, and we still see it in Wander Over Yonder, Super Best Friends Forever, and more.

Anyone have a preferred art style on how Lauren Faust's adaptation should look like?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess I am curious to see how they'll be different from the designs for the original series/toys, since there was an emphasis on functional and colorful designs from those and the toy companies helped come up with them, while here Lauren Faust might have more creative control on the characters' looks :).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

It does look like something Lauren would do. If it's something like this, I'd be fine with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SuperBumbleB

SuperBumbleB New Member

Yeah, personally I prefer the black dotted pupils seen in most late HanBar era cartoon, including Wander Over Yonder.

• Like Like x 1