1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"iCarly" Seasons 1-4 Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Taco Wiz, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

So anyone else getting a little sick of the "new episode every three months" pattern as of late? And yeah, I know I'm kind of exaggerating but not by much.

2. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Yeah, it's getting very annoying getting only one new episode every three months, then having it hyped as a 'special'. I get doing it for the hour long episodes like 'iStart a Fan War', but 'iHire an Idiot' and 'iGet a Hot Room' were just typical episodes.

3. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Anyone caught iOMG last night? Just watching it now and couldn't be no surprise who was going to be couple especially the fan-favorite

4. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

Do we really have to do spoiler tags? *sigh*

I remember having a discussion here about Sam and Freddie getting together and I still stand by what i said. It does not look or feel right. It's very forced and was probably only done to please Seddie fans. Even Freddie, moments before the kiss, mentioned how she says she hates him. Maybe it's not in the literal sense but she definitely never seemed to like him like that. Of course we're all human and have the right to change our minds but where were the moments leading up to this? Don't say the episode where they kissed because that didn't even have a hint of romance. It's like she just woke up one morning and liked Freddie. Really? Come on!

#464 Master Toon, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  5. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I did the spoiler tags because there are some people who haven't seen the episode. Sure the coupling doesn't feel right but then again, what's right in the Schneider-verse? Let's see how long it'll last. Just watching the episode iDo for the first time and it's just terrible.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I saw iOMG last night and I do agree that the Sam/Freddie pairing feels pretty forced. Outside of actually trying to be helpful to Freddie with his project, it didn't feel like she was any different, which made their kiss look all the more sudden, though still kind of predictable given the title. Maybe if Sam hadn't always been so abusive to Freddie or it had calm down a few episodes prior to this one, it wouldn't have felt so jarring to see that she does have feelings for him. I did get a few good laughs from Spencer's reactions to that psychology project though.

7. jaredstar

jaredstar Member

Sam is a Tsundere (heavy on the tsun tsun) but as she grows up the dere part is starting to show

8. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

When the title of the thread denotes that spoilers are included, then it doesn't need to be in a spoiler tag once the episode has aired. People know they enter the thread at their own risk.

9. AJ Skyterra

AJ Skyterra The Crystal Bending Gem of Science

I see no problem, after all there is no official couple. Sam was the one to kiss Freddie, and it just ended. For all we know Freddie won't accept her feelings, not now anyway. And also (kudos to Dan for doing this) though Sam was "freakishly nice" she was still Sam. There was no drastic personality change, everything felt normal. I was fearing a 100% personality flip and an OOC moment like a lot of love/hate relationships seem to do. From the looks of iParty with Victorious, I don't think any of these events will be followed anyway, so we'll just have to see what happens.

(note: I am a "Seddie" fan but I want to see it done right, and so far I think Dan's doing a good job. I also love the show as a whole and I really wanna give a high five to the crew for making those cool PearPads. Now THAT'S something I would like to buy.)

10. Mister Intensity

Mister Intensity Active Member

Nick is airing the episodes in production order. iOMG was filmed before iParty with Victorious but takes place after. The fallout from the kiss will take place after the crossover.

As for whether there was a hint of Sam's feelings before this, it does make one reevaluate some of the things Sam has done in previous episodes. Like in iStart a Fan War, she insisted that Freddie and Carly were having a passionate love affair and then immediately left to get a fat shake. On first viewing it seems like Sam was being her sadistic self but maybe she pushed the Creddie rumor because she was afraid that the Seddie fans were getting too close to her feelings for her comfort. They aired iSaved Your Life before iOMG and it was Sam who burst Freddie's bubble about Carly's feelings. It originally appeared because she was being a good friend but now it appears because she did not want Carly and Freddie together. I watched iSell Penny Tees yesterday and it looked like Sam enjoyed spanking Freddie's butt a bit too much (Dan's shows could be very kinky). As a whole it seems that Sam is very territorial toward Freddie and sometimes uses a combination of intimidation and, more often, Freddie's own quirks to keep other girls away from him.

The hints were there, but the big question is how does Freddie feel?

11. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

12. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Wow, I figured Cosgrove would want to get out of it. She's about the point in her career when she should be going on to movies. I can't imagine what her salary will be for this year, she's already the second highest paid child actor in the world at $180,000 an episode. Actually, I guess she's number one because it don't look like Angus T. Jones is going to get to go back to work any time soon.

iOMG was a really good episode. It's funny that after making a big deal out of not having canon relationships in i Start a Fan War that Snyder turned right around and went whole-hog Seddie. Seddie 4ever, anyway, it's the one that makes the most sense.

Funny episode, too. I liked how Carly was a little too enthusiastic about hooking Sam up with whatshisname, with her horse sex analogy and especially how she said "I'm not coming back" as she closed the door.

I think Snyder is getting a little too daring with the perv stuff, though, or at least not aware as he can be of the stuff that will be interpreted as such by his adult perv audience.

C'mon, does Carly really need to put whipped cream on the head of a carrot and lick it off? Also, in The Wood episode of Victorious, where Robbie and Trina take over the taco truck, the principal was trying to get them to shut up. By squirting hand cream on them. Trina looked like the star of an, um, special, kind of Japanese video by the end. It would have been pretty easy to have him do just about anything else to interrupt them.

These things are funny to me, and kids won't even notice them, but I'm afraid he'll end up drawing fire from parent's organizations over them. And, no, before you say it I am not a pervert just for noticing these, these are glaringly obvious.

13. Alec

Alec Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan

Is the filming that stars in may the second half of Season 4 and a new season (5) in 2012 or is it that Season 5 will air later this year and Season 6 will air next year (if Season 3 (production wise) gets slip like season 2 did).

Wow that's a long wait for new iCarly episodes. A new season in 2012 ouch even with 13 episodes that's not a lot to look forward too. It's all thanks to Nick wanting to start production on the same creator's show's at the same time.

14. Sgt.Frog

Sgt.Frog Active Member

Actually, I noticed this quite early on.

It's nice to know that it's continuing.

15. Master Toon

Which is kinda sad when you think about it. I can't wait to watch his E! True Hollywood Story. (Sorry for going slightly OT)

I thought it went a little overboard. I can't see how many children will get her joke considering how young they are and the fact that they probably watch more Nick than Animal Planet.

According to Dan, a friend of his eats their carrots that way (yeah right) and you're right about the Trina thing.

#475 Master Toon, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
  16. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Apparently the kids on this show like strange foods -- I mean, spaghetti tacos? -- so whipped cream on a carrot doesn't seem like much of a stretch. And she bit the carrot, not licked it.

Anyway, I happened to see "iOMG" tonight and thought it was pretty funny. The best bit was poor Spencer in the physical stimulus booth. When they jolted him with electricity as he tried to eat his chowder, I just about fell outta my chair laughing.

17. Master Toon

Everyone makes a good point about Freddie perhaps not returning Sam's feelings but I can't see them going in that direction. For that to happen they'll probably have to dedicate multiple episodes to the ongoing rejection and I don't think this show has ever done anything like that, save for Nevel but since he isn't always around them the subject isn't constantly in their faces as it would be with friends who always hang out and do a web show together.

I also can't see Sam getting rejected by Freddie and having everything go back to normal during the next episode. It would feel strange and make fans wonder why they kissed to begin with. I'd be very angry if I tuned into iOMG just to have that surprise ending treated as though it never happened. However I guess they could go down the "let's just be friends until I know how I feel" route. I hadn't thought of that. It's cheap but it would give good reason for them not to rush things. Did I just refute my own statements?

Not to nitpick but she applied the whipped cream, took a bite and then licked off the remaining cream that was left.

18. Master Toon

Sorry for the double post but will this become the season 1-5 talkback thread or will a season 5 talkback thread be made on it's own?

19. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

With the small amount of discussion that this show gets on this forum, I'd say that this thread is pretty much the talkback for the entire series. It's a shame that this series, along with Victorious, doesn't get that much discussion. ICarly is a very enjoyable show. It's very easy to watch, and someone can pretty easily start watching the show without having to start from the beginning.

20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I just watched that iStill Psycho special and I was pretty disappointed. I thought that the first Psycho special was pretty funny and enjoyable, but I didn't get that impression with this special. There were way too many contrived moments, mainly how the mother got Spencer stuck on that wheel, Nora blaming the iCarly gang for ruining her birthday and the parents' involvement in general. They practically abandoned Nora on her birthday, so I don't see why they would be in favor of what their daughter did. Plus, Nora's birthday turned out fine. Carly and her friends didn't escape until the next day or two. Though, I could probably let that slide since she's crazy, but the other two aspects really bothered me during the special.

The major problem I had with it was how the situation was way too honestly disturbing to be really funny. While the first special had creepy moments, it really helped that they balanced it out with more scenes focused on Spencer and Gibby. I don't think that they did that in this one, which really made the situation even more disturbing and harder to laugh at. Ending with Gibby still stuck in was kind of predictable and not really a fun note to end the episode on. I doubt that they could do another special with Nora again, but I really hope that they don't do it all the same. I don't think that this really worked nearly as well as the first Psycho special.