1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"iCarly" Seasons 1-4 Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Taco Wiz, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MegaJ

MegaJ Like a spring breeze.

Cam.

2. kuja killer

kuja killer Member

Hey guys i was just wondering, how many days it might take until we get to know what the ratings were for last night/tonight for iStart a fan war ??
    i really enjoyed it alot, especially all the MMORPG talk and so on with jack black and spencer there at the webicon. :)

im going to just take a wild guess thinking maybe between 6 to 9 million people watched it last night. :)

3. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

Saw this on a whim when it repeated tonight. Not bad, not bad at all.

I did appreciate how all 3 plots were running at the same time and none of them felt boring. Of course, it helps that the B-plots were both stretched out jokes that didn't feel redundant after 5 minutes. Gibby's car ride was gold and Jack Black played his part well as a delusional cosplayer.

I was surprised at how the writers were well aware of how shipping works. Sure the diehards delved a bit too much into Harry Potter/Twilight territory, but using terms like shipping or the portmanteau names shows they did some research. Love the Drake and Josh reference as well.

4. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

Probably no later than Tuesday.

On the matter of the crossover movie (discussion of it should probably be here since they're considering it apart of iCarly), I've read rumors that it's going to premiere on New Years Day, which doesn't sound too far-fetched. If so, there'll probably be a promo for it during the Victorious special next week, cause Nick is definitely going to promote it to death.

A couple things that have been confirmed are that Kenan Thompson will guest star, and Cat isn't going to have any lines.
    What.

How on earth did they manage that? Her interacting with Spencer would have been hilarious. Son.. I am disappoint.

5. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

It would have been fun if Craig and Eric made a remark on how Carly looks like Megan.

6. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

Wait... where is that confirmed?

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I finally got a chance to watch a repeat of iStart a Fan War last night and I thought that it was pretty good. The fans constantly fighting over their specific pairing was hilarious, as were the scenes with Gibby, his grandfather and his little brother. The cameos from those characters from Drake and Josh and I think one of the girls from Zoey 101 just made me think Dan was using them as a shout out to his previous work, as apposed to all of them being in the same universe. I didn't really care that much for the Jack Black stuff until Carly got involved at the end.

While I thought that one of the pairings would have to become canon in order to stop the flamewar and I do like the Carly and Freddie pairing more than the Sam and Freddie one, I wasn't upset by the ending and I'm kind of surprised a lot of people were. The little speech Carly gave captured the general purpose and feel for the show and that the pairings, while fun to think about, aren't at the center of the story and action. It is about random silliness and fun, which is probably one reason why I find it so enjoyable. It was a generally fun special episode to watch.

8. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I've finally seen iStart a Fan War and it wasn't that great. I know that there have been a lot of people trying to pair up our favorite cameraman with one of the two female leads of America's favorite webcam show but once the fight between the Creddie and Seddie fans began, I pulled out of the A-plot. I hated that Carly's boyfriend was left to be beaten on the fans of the iCarly panel and hope that he'll never have to deal with any of the gang again. Carly deserves to lose out on another guy. I mean we all know that Dan's going to pull off a main character/male best friend romantic relationship anyhow. If I find out Freddie ends up with Sam, I won't go into a rage like the most hardcore fans of the series. I will just think to myself that the writers, after all this time, really wanted to play with the fans' minds along with, possibly, making us feel that Sam's more than just an abusive, rude, and obnoxious character. I hate her almost, if not close enough, to the level of despising Alex Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place. However, I will say that I liked how Sam was able to attract the fans by putting the two microphones together making that sound that could have broken their eardrums if it had gone on for too long. Also, the girl with the lisp, now known as Stacey thanks to IMDb, who asked the first question about whether or not it was difficult for Carly and Freddie to work together because they were in love, didn't she get rid of it in the series finale of Zoey 101? If she's the same character, what a way to forget that she could speak perfectly since then. It reminded me back when Tyler Perry brought back Keke Palmer for the first episode of TBS' House of Payne acting as her character before she went through her change of character in the film version of Madea's Family Reunion.

The B-plot was amusing although became annoyed by the many times I heard the word 'Epic'. I know that the writers were trying to emulate the attitudes and vocabulary of attendees of any anime and comic book convention but it was too much. I will say that seeing Spencer interacting with Jack Black's character was funny. I loved their duet together and wished that Black's partner from their band Tenacious D was around with his guitar to join in.

The C-Plot was forgettable. I know that everyone loved Gibby and Guppy but didn't crack a smile when they were on screen. I felt that they didn't have to be in the episode even if they're both part of the main cast.

All and all, 'iStart a Fan War', despite also having to deal with the interactive 'Freak the Freak Out' ads for Victorious premiering later tonight which were BEYOND annoying and interruptive even when I was watching the Nickelodeon edit of TMNT: Turtles Forever, I give the episode two stars.

9. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

Yeah, I feel that was forced so he wouldn't have to appear in the next episode. Considering Carly liked him, I figured she would've done more to help them. Basically, she went, "shouldn't I help him?" and Sam went, "Too late- he's with them now so let's go"... and they left... and that was it. This is the person Carly liked and was trying to make up with after the misunderstanding about her and Freddie. Although...

... if he were to come back, I wonder what kind of revenge he would bring...

That's what I think is gonna happen by the end. Either that or he'll end up with no one. But I think it'll be Sam.

Oh, she was known as that (or Stacie or Stacy or whatever) in Zoey 101. In her first few episodes she wasn't called anything.

In iStart a Fan War, she said that she had gotten rid of it but that it came back for some reason. I forgot if she actually said the reason, but she did say that the lisp was gone and came back.

Yeah... I agree... I get what they were going at. But I guess they were trying to be over the top.

10. ToonFaithful

ToonFaithful The One Who Knocks™

I don't know where it has been confirmed but I have seen photos of him with the iCarly crew on DanWarp's Twitter and Facebook.

iStart A Fan War was good. I did enjoy it(always enjoy iCarly episodes) and the cameos with Craig and Eric and others were awesome. It was nice seeing them again. The B-plot with Spencer was pretty boring, Jack Black's jokes kept me watching though.

11. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

I saw pictures of that on Dan's Facebook page, but that doesn't mean he's in the actual movie.

12. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

I'd have to look more into the Kenan Thompson thing, but Ariana Grande apparently said on one of her Ustream events that Cat has no lines in the crossover. Personally, I'm hoping that one's fake. Cat NEEDS to interact with Gibby. She just does.

13. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

No she doesn't. In fact, the question no one asked except now is this: Why even be in the crossover when you're not going to have any lines. The character's a waste of space if she/he's there as window dressing than having any importance in the main storyline. After what happened with iStart a Fan War, I would like Gibby to be funny. If I even watch this crossover, I don't want to be disappointed in him. I don't even think I laughed once since he's been in the show.

14. familyguyperson

familyguyperson New Member

I totally agree with you. Dan Scneider went downhill fast when iCarly was first released. Some parts of the show, inchuding the jokes, are just cheezy. BTW, I know they have to follow copyright laws but WHY do they make up fake names for snacks and other crap on the show. There was fat cakes, a parody of the snack snowballs, which I love. Fig Nooters, which is a complete ripoff of fig newtons. Scarletts web, which is a parody of charlottes web. WTF? The good thing is, Dan Scneider just made victorious in may and it's probably his best show in a while.

15. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Didn't you read, that he gets death threats from obssesed Seddie shippers if there ship doesn't happen? Of course he knows how shipping works :p I'm really rooting for Creddie though, I just feel Seddie would be out of no where and she's been way too mean to Freddie over the course of the show. No progression at all yet.

16. ToonFaithful

ToonFaithful The One Who Knocks™

Never said he was in the movie....

17. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Dan Scneider gets his ups and downs on some shows he releases, iCarly was not bad but it does get a bit tired in the latest seasons, especially with the whole shipping thing.

uh that's how most people do it on shows, they are not the only ones who do it.....the only show i can think of that has used official products is Seinfeld and probably other shows but not as much as others just inventing or creating a similar product so they don't get sue.

Really? I thought it was the other way around where Dan Scneider gone downhill with Victorious since its similar to iCarly the only difference we see are more characters and what they are doing is acting and signing.....which i'm getting tire of that.

18. AJ Skyterra

AJ Skyterra The Crystal Bending Gem of Science

Really, because I happen to feel the exact opposite. Victorious gets pretty repetitive even with the wider range of cast. After watching Zoey 101, Drake & Josh, and iCarly, I see nothing new out of this series other than "hey, you know Lola? Victoria Justice's character on Z101 who was obsessed with acting an performing arts? Let's take her, stretch her out into about six different characters, and place them all in a performing arts school!" Sometimes it's entertaining, but nothing about the series has "wowed" me yet.

And I think the renaming of products is pretty fun, especially how they're recycled throughout the Dan universe i.e. Peppy Cola, Fatcakes, and the slang word "chizz." The only thing that has annoyed me so far is the whole over usage of the PearPad recently in iCarly and Victorious.

#458 AJ Skyterra, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  19. Sgt.Frog

Sgt.Frog Active Member

This movie was done great,all the plots. The A-plot with the crowd going crazy over Seddie and Creddie was enjoyable, it felt so realistic it reminded me of anime shipping debates like IchiRuki and IchiHime or NegaiShipping and PearlShipping for, a room full of iCarly Otaku to go crazy over a relationship was a riot. I enjoy how Dan parodies things and keeps up with the continuity with each one.

The B-Plot with Gibby and Guppy and Grandpa was my favorite. "Split Pee-Soup" that's comedy gold right there, Dan handled that food's name the same way I'm pretty sure I would've. I think Gibby and Guppy could do well if they had their own episode with there plot being the A one instead of the B, they seem like funny and likable characters. Guppy seems to have the mentality of a young young child only being able to say few phrases and copying other's actions and speak.

The C-Plot with Spencer and Jack Black, a battle of the nerds was funny. The song they sang was a riot, I'm suprised Nicklodeon allowed Jack to say,"D*mnation". I got a kick out of the nerd talk over costumes, people constantly saying,"your about to be pwned.", speaking of "pwned" what does it mean anyway? Nice special overall for me, but it could have been better, nice job.

20. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Wasn't bad? The show's still on and are cranking out more new episodes.
    Apple should be proud. We all know that the company's overrated but hey, the man know what we have fallen in love with the influences in media.