1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

I Wish Scrappy Doo Is Loved

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by TsWade2, Oct 1, 2017.

1. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is awkward for you guys, but I wish Scrappy Doo is loved. I don't know when this Scrappy Doo hate has started, but I'm starting to feel this whole Scrappy Doo hate outbreak is getting way out of hand and I wish Warner Bros or Cartoon Network should of been involved the hate of Scrappy Doo. The truth is, I like Scrappy Doo as a kid and he didn't give me problems. Sure, he maybe annoying, but Scrappy is just being.....well, you know, Scrappy. I remember he had adventures with his uncle Scooby Doo and Shaggy which makes it so hilarious and even Daphne joins in. But, from time to time, he he lives with his other Uncle Yabba Doo and his owner Deputy Dusty at some western village. Come to think of it, I think IMO, Yabba Doo is a better role model and father figure to Scrappy Doo than Scooby Doo. (No offense, Scoob!) I didn't reconize Scrappy Do received hate until i saw the live action movie of Scooby Doo. The part where Velma told a guy about Scrappy Doo used to be a member of the Mystery Inc, but they left him in the desert to die after urinating Daphne. And then he came back and taking revenge on the Mystery Inc for ditching him and trying to kill them, even his cute and cuddly uncle, Scooby Doo. I was horrified on what they did to him. It's a funny movie, but it's getting a bit mean spirited. Few years later, there was game on Cartoon Network website called Scrappy Stinks where they tried to hurt Scrappy. They even made Scrappy Doo going crazy being mean to Cartoon Cartoon characters even Dexter. They even poke fun of him on The Goblin King and on Mystery Incorporated when Daphne saw a statue of Scrappy Doo, Fred said look away and agreed they never talk about him again, which makes it very difficult to me to handle. Lastly, when Cartoon Network had their 20th or 25th anniversary (correct me if I'm wrong) where the cartoon characters are about to take a group picture and Scrappy Doo was in it, Jake from Adventure Time push him away. I'm sorry, but I think this whole Scrappy Doo hate is getting out of hand. I'm not saying everybody should love Scrappy Doo, nobody has to like him, however, over hating him and creating an outbreak is an unprofessional behavior. This may not happen, but I would love to see Scrappy Doo return in one of the direct to dvd and digital movie and make him a bit misunderstood and let Scoody Doo and Mystery Inc. realized that Scrappy is not as bad as they thought. And maybe the return of Yabba Doo. I love Scooby Doo and I also love Scrappy Doo too. I hope this won't get me an OCD moment, I just want to say what I really want to say. And I'm sorry that this a long thread.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

He can be liked, though in general, it is a mixed bag for him for most, after his first few years he is a least seen in a better light as of now.

3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

So true. When most viewers think of Scrappy Doo, they mainly associate him with his annoying actions from his early years and the show swaying away from the mystery format that made Scooby Doo so memorable to begin with. Once Ruby-Spears handled the 82-83 season (and Daphne and the mystery aspect returned the following season), Scrappy does become a better character.

4. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Well, I know some people don't like him, but still, I think the studios need to lay off the poor little guy/ But, this is my opinion and I'm not really going to force the studio to bring back Scrappy Doo.

5. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

As I've oft noted on this subject, there are just too many haters out there that the creators of the 2002 "Scooby-Doo" movie, and every Scooby project since, are servicing by throwing shade at Scrappy, just because he's not a coward like his uncle Scooby, just because he happens to be smart and resourceful.

IIRC, the Scrappy Stinks game on CN's website came out shortly after the 2002 movie.

6. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

It was the 20th anniversary (we still don't know who voiced Scrappy's "hey!" either). Nice to see more defenders of the pup on the internet, warms my heart.

7. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

He would often attack foes that are much bigger than him; that's hardly smart (though to be fair, he did start to know when to quit (generally) in "The New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show").

8. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

I myself also liked and enjoyed Scrappy when I was a kid. I found him pretty funny, charming and smart and a good addition to the franchise joining Uncle Scooby and Shaggy.

When I got older and learned about the brutal hate towards Scrappy, I was legitimately shocked a bit. I really had no idea lots of people despise him, even during the decade he first appeared in the franchise.

As a young adult now, I understand the hate in parts seeing now that Scrappy can be a bit annoying and can get overly excited about fighting a villain three and a half times his size. But I've always found the hate too much and at times gone too far. And all those disses against him all those years got more annoying than Scrappy himself at his worst.

I also wish there wasn't as much hate at Scrappy as there is all these years (the franchise, WB and CN included), but that's personal opinion about cartoons for ya.

And I'm also so glad other members on this forum like Scrappy like I like him too.

#8 MegasMilo379, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017 at 2:08 PM
  9. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

You're right. The Scrappy Doo haters are more annoying than Scrappy Doo.

10. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

I'm rather....indifferent to Scrappy. But I will say this: the Scrappy-Doo hate-wagon pretty much jumped the shark when he was made the bad guy in the first live-action Scooby-Doo movie.