I think Disney Television Animation understands people hate on Pickle and Peanut

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by thomas2313412, Nov 6, 2017.

1. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

Look,We all know that Pickle and Peanut a surreal show aired by Disney XD is considered to be hated by most people who watch the show.Because it was criticized for it’s ugly designs and style and it was considered a ripoff to Regular show a surreal show from Cartoon Network.

But what If I told you that Disney Television Animation the studio that made this show understands people hate about that show through ‘Disney TV Animation News’ from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=PICKLE+AND+PEANUT++HATE+Disney+TV+Animation+News

Like for example one video by Disney TV Animation News which was a promo for Pickle and Peanut Season 2 claimed ‘Pickle and Peanut - Your Reason To Be Mad Is Back’ :

The other video ‘Disney XD Christmas 2016 - Pickle And Peanut’ video info says “If You Are Going To Make A Hate Comment Please Leave”:

And the other video Improve Your Selfie - Pickle And Peanut video info says ‘Hate comments in 3,2,1’

To quote Dipper from Gravity falls ‘I couldn't make this up if I wanted to’

My point is that Disney Television Animation understands people hatred on the show and like how Cartoon network and WB Animation did with Teen Titans Go! (which is popular to young kids but hated by older people) they just promote people’s hatedom on the show.

I guess the reason Pickle and Peanut is renewed for Season 2 (and probably 3) might be due to merchandising even in japan according to some.However seeing that the show gain less promotional material,It seems that the show might be cancelled after season 2 (or 3) which explains why the SDCC 2016 Pickle and Peanut panel along with Future-worm has been cancelled as seen from this link:

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Disney TV Animation News is a fan account. It says in the channel description and about page on Facebook that it's not affiliated with Disney.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I confess that I actually like this show - Yeah, it's stupid and ugly as hell, but I actually have laughed at and enjoyed myself with it (way more than I ever did something otherwise popular like Star Vs., anyway...). I just wouldn't go recommending it to anyone unless you're a fan of shows similar to it on Adult Swim [AS], honestly.

Either way, hearing and seeing stuff like this regarding P&P (justifiably for how stupid and ugly it comes off, admittedly, compared to Regular Show, anyway.) is no surprise to me at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

That's fine. I'm glad you enjoy it, but sadly, not one of us like me like the show. You understand.;)

5. I.R. Shokew

I'm OK with that - mainly because you didn't insult my intelligence or my taste in things, so that I means I still respect you and your opinions, too.

6. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Honestly, I think it's foolish that this show is pulling a Teen Titans GO! when it comes to criticism. If it makes them (DTVA, Noah Jones, Joel Trussell, Johnny Pemberton, and Sam Riegel) feel better, I stopped mindlessly hating on this show gave it a chance. I hate how these guys I mentioned just troll the haters of the show, it's so unprofessional of them (Riegel should know better as well, since when did I criticize his voice directing? Although I do admit, that he's EVERYWHERE these day as a voice director, but I still he does a great job.)

I just hope season 2 is an improvement when I get to watch it at a later time. From now on, I will stop giving up on a show early like Pickle and Peanut and Right Now Kapow.

7. I.R. Shokew

I think this show's only negative attention would be towards how ugly and stupid (overall) it's considered by now, if the people behind as you mentioned (DTVA, Noah Jones, Joel Trussell, Johnny Pemberton, and Sam Riegel) didn't attack people verbally online who hate it, mostly for those good reasons I've (and everyone else likely has) pointed out by now (e.g.: how ugly and stupid it looks and is written, honestly.....).

8. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

well, if you ask me, I think Noah Z. Jones is possibly the worst cartoonist in my opinion. Although, Fish Hooks is sort of my guilty pleasure.