I Learned Something Today

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I learned that Quidditch got it's name from the three balls. Quaffle, bludger, snitch.

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I learned that at least two shows on the CW accompanied sex scenes with non-romantic Imagine Dragons songs. One, I saw myself, another, I only read about.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

WHAT

"In the Melissa & Joey Halloween episode 2014, Aunt Zelda shows up and tells Melissa that she is a witch named Sabrina who had her memory wiped. At the end of the episode Mel decides to have her memory wiped again and continue her life as an oblivious mortal."

That's correct....."Melissa and Joey" was a stealth sequel to the "Sabrina" sitcom. What a cruel fate for Sabrina.
    Did someone else show up in the same episode and tell Joey his real last name is Russo?

Was the first one Arrow? And there have to be more than two. Every show on the air was using "Radioactive" in an episode.

4. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I only read about the Arrow scene. The instance I actually saw came from Riverdale,
    which played "Believer" as Archie and Jughead made out with Veronica and Betty, respectively.

5. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

The Ren & Stimpy episode "Reverend Jack" is a fictionalized dramatization of the events surrounding Nickelodeon's firing of creator John Kricfalusi from the show. It's basically the animation team raising a huge middle finger to their former show runner - depicting his mannerisms around the studio, his constant running behind schedule, and how he ranted against the show and the people still working on it after he was booted out.

As a matter of fact, the Games Animation vanity card that appeared at the end of the show from season three onwards (a picture of Stimpy dressed as a milkman) came about because of John K.'s ranting after he was fired, describing the network and the staff he was leaving behind as "milkmen" trying to squeeze as much as possible out of his creation.

#325 Kitschensyngk, Nov 13, 2017 at 6:20 PM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 8:36 PM
  6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I've never seen this episode. Now I want to.

7. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

8. pacman000

pacman000 Member