1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical: Black Widow Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by BonnieB21:-), Sep 28, 2015.

1. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Okay, we've all seen this.

But what I think the world really wants out of a Black Widow movie is this:

"Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" is the Black Widow movie Marvel's never going to give us. Ilsa Faust is EVERYTHING!!!!! Ethan Hunt has met his match in her and she spends the movie doing everything he does AND saving HIM half the time.

It also stars Jeremy Renner and a British guy you'll swear up and down is Paul Bettany;).

Dream Cast:

Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Nick Fury
    Maria Hill
    Pepper Pots- with the Rescue armor
    Winter Soldier- flashback
    Agent Coulson- flashback
    Agent Melinda May- flashback/present

Possible villains
    Vindiktor- brother in Russian mafia
    Other hit women

2. BonnieB21:-)

Dream Cast Additions

If this were an origin story we'd need to see more of Natasha's Ballet/Red Room training. Who I'd love to see is ballet icon Mikhail Baryshinkov as her ballet teacher and Julie Delpy back again as her Red Room instructor. Mila Kunis could play a fellow ballerina is also Russian, can speak it, and played a ballerina in "Black Swan".

3. BonnieB21:-)

Black Widow Movie Title Sequence & Black Widow Sequel

In yet another round of disappointing but unsurprising Marvel Studios updates, that rumored Black Widow treatment from Guardians co-writer Nicole Perlman does exist. But are audiences any closer to seeing the “elusive” female-led MCU movie? You sweet summer children, Marvel is busy.

Nicole Perlman, the first female writer for a Marvel Studios movie ever, took toTwitter this week to clarify rumors about a possible Black Widow script:

http://www.themarysue.com/marvel-has-too-much-on-their-plates-for-black-widow/

[​IMG]

If the first Black Widow movie is basically "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation", then the second one can co-star her best buddy Captain America vs Red Guardian- his Russia equivalent AND Natasha's ex-husband, Alexi Shostakova.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are from the "Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher" anime. I need to see this again. It aired on G4, but all I can remember is a lot of Black Widow jumping around.

I want a perceived triangle between Steve/Natasha/Alexi- even if that's not actually the case with Bucky as the wild card ready to start an international incident.

And Black Widow's milkshake continues to bring ALL of the boys to the yard. Charlie Cox wants to romance Black Widow too.

“There’s other characters I’d like to see come in,” he told us. “I’d be interested to see a dynamic between Matt Murdock and Elektra or Black Widow or something like that. I hope we haven’t lost Wilson Fisk, hopefully he’s still bubbling away in the background.”

Black Widow, currently played by Scarlett Johansson in Avengers: Age of Ultron (read our spoiler free review here), did play a big part in Daredevil comics in the 1970s and there were plans for a Daredevil and Black Widow TV show that never got off the ground (read out that here). Could we see Johansson make the move to the smaller screen with the Black Widow character? It seems unlikely. But Elektra? That seems very plausible.

We also briefly discussed joining The Avengers, perhaps for Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 & 2. The actor simply said, “At this point, it’s not been discussed with me. But I would jump at the opportunity. It would be a dream come true.”

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/...-the-avengers-would-be-a-dream-come-true.html

[​IMG]

I just don't see this happening. Either him making it into Infinity War or Black Widow into his Netflix show.

4. BonnieB21:-)

My Little Tsarina: Even More Potential Story Ideas

Here's the first meeting of Captain America, Wolverine, and Natasha. Of course this can't be done in a movie- Widow's not that old in the MCU. But she does have a guardian Ivan Petrovich. Cap saves her from becoming a child soldier.

I really want to see Natasha have some close female friends. I don't think she's had a scene with alone with another woman since Iron Man 2 with Pepper Potts. I'd love to see them be close friends. I'd love even more if Black Widow and The Cavalry were co-workers too. But, since Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. has Melinda May on a grimdark path and on TV- it ain't gonna happen. There's always Maria Hill too, but she hasn't interacted much with her since Winter Soldier.

And then there's Amora, The Enchantresso_O, weren't expecting that were you? Yeah, apparently, Amora helped Natasha escape the Red Room. Apparently, for poops and giggles:confused:.
    If Marvel wanted to do a soft intro for Amora before Raganrok this would've been the time.

[​IMG]

Finally, there's Sharon Carter- in The Winter Soldier, Natasha talks up Steve's "neighbor" and tries to get him to date her and then mentions her again at the end of the movie. She obviously had to have known her previously. Hopefully, they'll have a scene together in Civil War to explain things.

[​IMG]

Going back to the Red Guardian vs Captain America idea- Avengers Assemble did an episode with S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Russian counterpart Central Command and their Avengers - Winter Guard. Surely, Alexi would love to have his wife Natasha to come back to him and join his team.

[​IMG]

#4 BonnieB21:-), Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  5. BonnieB21:-)

Black Widow: Forever Red, A Young Adult Novel

There's also the new character Ava Orlova- AKA Red Widow.

Enter the world of the Avengers' iconic master spy

Natasha Romanoff is one of the world's most lethal assassins. Trained from a young age in the arts of death and deception, Natasha was given the title of Black Widow by Ivan Somodorov, her brutal teacher at the Red Room, Moscow's infamous academy for operatives.

Ava Orlova is just trying to fit in as an average Brooklyn teenager, but her life has been anything but average.The daughter of a missing Russian quantum physicist, Ava was once subjected to a series of ruthless military experiments-until she was rescued by Black Widow and placed under S.H.I.E.L.D. protection. Ava has always longed to reconnect with her mysterious savior, but Black Widow isn't really the big sister type.

Until now.

When children all over Eastern Europe begin to go missing, and rumors of smuggled Red Room tech light up the dark net, Natasha suspects her old teacher has returned-and that Ava Orlova might be the only one who can stop him. To defeat the madman who threatens their future, Natasha and Ava must unravel their pasts. Only then will they discover the truth about the dark-eyed boy with an hourglass tattoo who haunts Ava's dreams. . . .

Black Widow:Forever Red features all the heart-pounding adventure readers expect from Marvel, written by #1 New York Times best-selling author Margaret Stohl. Uncover a new side of the Marvel Universe that will thrill loyal fans and newcomers alike, as Stohl reveals the untold story of Black Widow for the very first time.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Widow-Forever-Marvel-Novel/dp/148472643X

[​IMG]

Throughout Marvel's history, a number of women have taken on the Black Widow mantle, most notably the Avenger Natasha Romanoff and the morally dubious Yelena Belova. Now, as revealed over at The Mary Sue, Marvel's set to add a totally new character to the Black Widow family -- the first ever Red Widow.

The new character, described by writer Margaret Stohl as "the opposite of the Black Widow," will first appear in a back-up story in "Mockingbird: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary" #1. The adventure comes from Stohl, a novelist who is also the writer behind the upcoming novel "Black Widow: Forever Red," and artist Nico Leon. Stohl and Leon's Red Widow back-up will be paired with a feature story starring Mockingbird by writer Chelsea Cain with art from Joelle Jones.

"The Red Widow is a powerful new female superhero for the Marvel universe. In many ways, she’s the opposite of the Black Widow -- she actually chooses to become the Red Widow -- but both Widows share a mysterious bond and a history, and will change the course of each other’s lives, moving forward," said Stohl in The Mary Sue's announcement. "And of course, this is just the beginning for this enigmatic and deadly new character. Red Widow’s story first emerges within the pages of 'Mockingbird: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary' #1, and will then be featured in my upcoming (prose) novel, 'Black Widow: Forever Red.' I couldn’t be prouder of both Widows -- and of Marvel Comics, for being so supportive of the two of them."

"Mockingbird: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary" #1 hits stores on September 2. Red Widow's prose debut will arrive in "Black Widow: Forever Red" on October 13.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/red-widow-arrives-in-marvels-mockingbird-one-shot

If Avengers Assemble wasn't afarid of having more than one woman on the team at a time, they could introduce Red Widow like X-23 in X-Men: Evolution. But I won't ever have to worry about that happening.

Ava Orlova could be saved for the end of the Black Widow trilogy.

Liho- Natasha's cat. Can't help but think Steve Rogers would have a golden retriever.

[​IMG]

#5 BonnieB21:-), Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015