1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hulu is streaming/buffering way too slow...

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by wonderfly, Jul 24, 2017.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

There's always been phases where Hulu has been a little glitchy, but it's gotten worse lately. I have the basic Hulu package, with commercials, and it can't go through a commercial break without pausing and buffering, and it takes forever....

I'm trying to determine if this is Hulu's fault, my computer's fault, or my internet package's fault. Because I have no buffering issues whatsoever with Netflix or Amazon. I have the occasional buffering issue with Youtube on my computer, but not on my Roku device, or on the Wii U or Playstation 4.

After doing some research, I'm finding links like this and this.

A couple months back, I got a virus on my computer, and I've tried to fix it, but I think my web browsing is still going slower (at least when I'm in Mozilla Firefox). Would issues with my web browser cause my streaming speed to go slower on other devices? I mean, the internet service is separate from my computer (at least on devices like my Playstation 4) right?

I'm just wondering what I can do to fix this. Upgrade to a higher internet speed with my internet company? That will probably cost at least $10 more per month. Upgrade to the "no commercial" version of Hulu Plus? That's a jump from $7.99 to $11.99 per month, for Hulu. Debug my computer? Buy a better Ruku type device? Cancel Hulu?!?

I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing these issues, and if anyone has any advice?