Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H "Planet Leader" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Jul 13, 2014.

?

Rate This Episode

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

25.0%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

25.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

25.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Discuss today's all-new episode of Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "Planet Leader"

Episode Premiere Date - July 13th, 2014
    Battling The Leader becomes more than the Hulks bargained for when they get transported to Skaar's home planet, Sakaar, where they must stop The Leader from controlling the entire planet and the Hulks themselves.
    Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

This was the only way they could do this story with all the Hulks I guess, though I am curious how Leader got all this done.

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Well, this is it for the show until the Guardians episode. Somehow, I'm not sad.

Honestly, the whole episode was rushed, and the emotional moments didn't make me feel anything. Not very memorable for a finale.

And ugh, a cliffhanger.

4. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Member

They said in SDCC 2014 they will mention future plans for the series, so I hope it will include a season 2. I really hate cliffhangers, and the season finale has been worhty the whole season. They adapted Planet Hulk, so I guess now they have to adapt World War Hulk and the events that followed them. They also have to reveal Skaar's full origins (son of Hulk) and make the Hulks return to Earth, possibly facing problems after the framing of the Agents of CRASH. They could also introduce characters like Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross), the Gamma Corps and the others.

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

I liked how they did Planet Hulk with all the Hulks plus the other members of the Warbound with alternate roles. It was like a fun AU version of Planet Hulk. The Leader's look here reminded me of Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon.

I like that they left things open for season 2, which based off these recent episodes, I wouldn't mind seeing at all. I'm glad they didn't wrap everything up with this episode between the Hulks destroying their hometown that accepted them and the world seeing them as monsters again. All that was left open hopefully for season 2.

6. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

This is why some need more then 1 episode on making it rush and each character gets their share of the spotlight but Loeb had to ruined it by not having 2 part or story arcs.........just hope the 2nd season is better and of course lay off the toilet humor.

7. TheVileOne

This was a two-parter though and so was the season opener.

8. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Cool to see Elloe Kaifi(cool hot red alien chick), Hiroim, Korg, and Miek who are awesome likable characters while both Elloe, Korg, and Miek are my favorites:D.

The Leader looking like Ming the Merciless is pretty sweet.

Skaar is awesome and his origin in Sakaar is pretty awesome/interesting.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

I liked the episode. I still don't care for the the humor but it wasn't a bad little adventure. It would have been nice if Skaar had more secrets revealed.

10. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Member

I understand in a real cliffhanger with the leader giving the hulks (except skaar who remain in skaaro) the last laugh by sending them 'lost in space 'though hulk promises to us the viewers they will go back to earth someday i guess next season will be a 'In space' season wonder what it will renamed as "HULKS and the agents of S.M.A.S.H in SPACE!"

11. Gold Guy

Assuming it gets another season, I heard it was already cancelled, and it seems the show won't be at Comic-Con, which is a bad sign.

12. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Member

Really? :confused:

13. TheVileOne

No not really. More misinformation about the show, just like the misinformation spread before the show's premiere that it would only be 13 episodes and was already cancelled. Those were lies as well. Here is the official Marvel Animation panel description for Comic-Con this year:

Well according to the description, it will be at Comic-Con. Do you have a link or source about it being cancelled?

14. Gold Guy

My bad. :(

I had previously seen a report saying that only Spider-Man, Assemble, and Guardians would be featured at the Marvel Animation panel, and that Guardians would be replacing Hulk. I should have waited for confirmation, though.

15. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder

Disappointing follow up to the last episode. I thought the Warbound were kind of wasted (and it looked like Korg and others like him were native to Sakaar), and the origin of Skaar didn't really explain anything. Or, at least, not what I expected it to explain (like, how he's Hulk-like). Did they neglect to give Elloe a name card?

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

This is pretty much my thoughts as well. Not a bad episode and a decent finale, but definitely not as good as the episode that preceded it. I think this whole arc could've used just one more episode, to better pace out and expand the plot and maybe fit in Caiera. It was kinda weird that they just made Hiroim a villain in place of her :shrug:.

And yeah, it was weird that Elloe was so important to the plot yet she was the only member of the Warbound not to get a name card or even get named. And this is coming from a show that practically name cards everybody :sweat:.

A little disappointed that we didn't get to see Savage Hulk turn up one more time in the finale since I was looking forward to that happening. We only got one "Hulk Smash" and that was it :sad:.

Well, with the season 2 announcement, hopefully SMASH will definitely improve in the future and have more episodes like "No More Monsters." As far as first seasons go, I'd say SMASH's was better than some of its animated predecessors and I enjoyed it enough to look forward to what the next season has to offer :).

17. TheVileOne

Well about that confirmation. Hulk and the Agents of SMASH is continuing. It's not cancelled. Guardians of the Galaxy animated was announced, but only a test reel was shown. More announcements about the show will be made later.

Obviously, if that report did say that, it was a lie and nothing more than fake news and misinformation that the internet is famous for.