1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LexHugo86

LexHugo86 Member

wouldnt they all be over powered? Hulk is like the strongest Marvel hero. This team would be stronger than the Avengers. But despite of that, as a team, they are gonna like have trouble defeating like one supervillain. The supervillain would most likely be absorbtion man, fing fang foom, crimson dynamo, Dr Doom, etc. So just like it always is with these super hero team shows, they will most likely be weaker working as a team, but when they work alone, be more stronger. Has anyone noticed this?

2. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez Active Member

Not at all. The villains confirmed to appear are guys like Annihilus and Ego the Living planet, villains that are really powerful and a match for Hulk and the team.

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not to mention they can be challenged in other ways. The Hulk family rely on strength and durability, but they can all be outsmarted, and presumably be beaten in the speed department.

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

5. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

The animation looks better than Avengers Assemble in those brief sequences, I'll give it that. The "I called you a CAB!" line from She-Hulk was a groaner though but it's better than most of the puns I've seen on USM.

Red Hulk and She-Hulk's voices are iffy to me. Clancy Brown sounds kinda like a Hulked Krusty Krab IMO and I would've appreciated more bass in She-Hulk's voice like the voice she got for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, her voice here reminds me too much of the Cree Summer travesty from the 90's Hulk series for my liking. Everyone else sounds fine. Then again it was only one or two lines for everybody so this is probably premature judgement lol.

Maybe, just maybe, there's some hope for this one.

6. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

7. Captain Travis

man the sound isn't working for me I need to hear Clancy as Rulk seems like spot on casting. Still from the looks of it seems like its mainly to sell toys. Unfortunately most shows seem to be heading the route

8. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

The animation and characters designs look better than AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, so that's a plus.

9. Venom Melendez

It is also something she would say though.
    I dunno, i thought the both sounded fine. Especially Clancy as Red Hulk and She-Hulk's voice fits her just fine.

And it's Mr.Krabs, Krusty Krab is the restaurant.

What toys?

#469 Venom Melendez, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  10. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

SMASH has no toyline that I'm aware of. It likely means the show will be a one-and-done unless they can get either a sponsor of some kind or get a commitment to a merchandise line.

11. Captain Travis

Fair enough wasn't aware it didn't have toys. With the guns that red hulk has it just looks like something a toy company cooked up. Also She Hulk with her wrist gauntlets just gave me the idea that they were trying to sell action figures.

12. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

It's not something cooked up by a toy company. It was something cooked up by the Agents of SMASH creators to help get a toy company to bite on making merchandise for the show. The wrist gauntlets and the weapons Red Hulk carries are calculated decisions by the writers.

13. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

In Red Hulk's case I still think it makes a lot of sense for him to carry guns since he is a military man. Hell in his first appearance in the comics he uses a gun to shoot and kill the Abomination.

She-Hulk using gauntlet though strikes me as odd though.

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Giving most of the team weapons and such probably also helps to maintain the idea that Ol Jade Jaws is still the strongest there is, as he will be the only one depending on pure brute strength and nothing else.

15. Venom Melendez

Red Hulk is fond of using weapons, so it fit him.

I would not call She-Hulk's gauntlets odd see we don't know what they do. She is seen using her fists in that trailer too. It does help differentiate her from the others though.

#475 Venom Melendez, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  16. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

She's the only woman on a team of colossal musclebound men. She stands out already. XD

17. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

That's a good point.

18. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

I wonder how many of these superheroes are going to have their origins on the show. The comic pretty much states the pilot is going to be A-Bomb's origin, but that line of dialogue from She-Hulk, "How do you like me now?" seems to imply she might have an origin story in these proceedings too. Maybe I'm reading way too deeply into things.

Red Hulk probably does need his origin told at some point but it'll have to be a flashback. Same with Skaar. Both aren't known well enough to the target audience to just up and appear without explanation eventually.

19. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Those two definitely need origin stories even for people that are familiar with the comics since those two working Hulk is a pretty big departure from their comics portrayal where they both start off wanting to kill him. In Skaar's case I wonder if they'll even acknowledge the fact that he's Hulk's son.

20. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Oh yeah, that's also true. Particularly with Skaar. If they don't acknowledge that he's Hulk's son they have to redo him completely, which they might be doing as he's initially an enforcer for Annihilus, which he never was in the comics (IIRC).

Considering how many headaches Skaar can bring continuity-wise, it's no wonder they never brought Lyra into this show either. She's an even bigger snarl than Skaar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.