"Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest Administrator Moderator Reporter

Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is coming to Disney XD in 2012!

Officially announced July 2011 at San Diego Comic-Con 2011 (click here), stay tuned for further updates on this upcoming animated series from Marvel Animation and Disney XD!

2. ktk

ktk New Member

A new Hulk animated series! Cool.

Sounds like a decent enough concept. Glad to see Skaar there. At least its not a rehash of previous shows.

3. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I'm up for any show with She-Hulk. :D Can't wait to see what the style is. Wonder if it's at all related to Gamma Corps...

4. ktk

ktk New Member

As far as I'm aware, I don't think "S.M.A.S.H." has been used before as an acronym for any secret organization in Marvel Comics. I might be wrong though. Anyone?

It'd be nice if they showed us the slide with the promo artwork.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

Sound alright. I'm not a Hulk fan, but I guess i'll at least check it out.

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin' Moderator

This just makes me think of a reworked Gamma Corps, except now with a little Loeby influence in the form of A-Bomb and Red Hulk. I'm glad that they have more animated shows being developed but this doesn't excite me. I'm already picturing a McGuinness styled muscle fest ( not that I have anything against Mr. McGuinness).

7. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

What is it with Hulk team show ideas recently? Isn't the central theme of his character that he's misunderstood monster that just wants to be left alone from a world that hates and fears him? I admit I haven't read that many Hulk comics so I might be missing something here.

Given what happened to the last proposed Hulk Team show I'm not holding my breath on this one.

8. macattack

macattack I see you! Reporter

This is just making me go "ugh", like the USM news (and do I have a rant about USM). The Loeb influence does not excite me and neither does the concept of a Hulk team-up show. The appeal of the Hulk lies in the whole "tragic monster" persona. In a team, he's just a slightly sarcastic and crude brute.

I like the Hulk, but I like Bruce Banner more. And this looks like yet another show that is going to downplay Banner in favor of his far more simplistic alter ego.

9. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez New Member

As a Huge Hulk fab, all i can say is "Freaking Awesome!".

I can't wait.

Not really. This is more of a Greg Pak influence than Loeb. The current Incredible Hulk run had him with his friends and Family and it worked just fine.

Besides, he may call himself a loner and he may say he "wamts to be left alone", but that's never really been what he's wanted and he always has alot of friend for a so called loner.

he was also part of the Defenders and was the leader of the Pantheon and the warbound, so him being in teams isn't new.

I would have liked a defenders toon though.

10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Meh. I'm sure they'll be doing that for the umpteenth time in the live-action show. A team-up show with She-Hulk? That's something I'm interested in seeing.

As dumb as Loeb and McGuinnes' Hulk was, it has some really fun action.

11. Astrolupine

Astrolupine Man on the wing.

I'm really all for a new Hulk toon, but the ideas and characters from recent Hulk stories make me cringe (I liked Fall Of The Hulks and WWHs, but, boy were they were silly stories).

Also, having Loeb as a consultant on this makes me nervous. (The man has really declined in writing.) The fact that he wants EMH to be less serialized now makes me nauseous enough.

12. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez New Member

But those stories made Leader and MODOK threatening again, so it's worth it. Greg Pak's stuff with Hulk,Skaar and the others has been fun too.

13. Rick Jones

That's something I probably would have said, too, before 1997. I do love She Hulk though and they would probably have to work pretty hard to get another series to that degree of bad.

14. ShockDingo

ShockDingo Voice actor in training

Woah, of all the days I sign in, I run into this! I've wanted a new Hulk series for a long time especially one that has the Gravage/GreenScar/intelligent Hulk. I didn't like some of Loeb's ideas, but under Greg Pak and Jeff Parker (Current hulk writer) the characters have been rather entertaining. So count me in for looking forward to this. :)

15. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Paul Dini doing Hulk? SOLD! After watching the 90s Hulk series on DXD and loving Hulk on Avengers EMH, I've really taken a like to Hulk.

I also have to wonder if maybe THIS series will be the one we'll hear Maria Canals Barrera as She-Hulk. I hope so, as I love how she sounds as She Hulk in MvC3.

16. macattack

macattack I see you! Reporter

I wonder what "S.M.A.S.H." could possibly stand for. I guess "S"= She-Hulk, "A"= A-Bomb, "S"= Skaar, and H = "Hulk", but what would "M" stand for? Of course, this is assuming "S.M.A.S.H." stands for the characters in Hulk's group. It could stand for something else, like "SHIELD" does.

I would be a lot more enthused if the Loeb influence wasn't so glaring (I think turning Rick Jones into A-Bomb, permanently, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read in comics). I really would.

17. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

Conflicted. I really like Hulk in AEMH, so I'm not against a show that doesn't focus on him as a loner. And I really love Jeff Parker's work on Hulk, so I know that Red Hulk and A-Bomb can work. But on the other hand, this is Jeph Loeb, not Jeff Parker, and I had zero interest in the Loeb Red Hulk. But it's also Paul Dini. So I'm going to wait and see and give this a fair chance.

18. Rick Jones

How the heck are they going to work Skaar into this ? Will the show have a post-Planet Hulk setting ?

19. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Thinking about this now these guys aren't agents of anything, they're a family. Red Hulk is Hulk's father-in-law, Skaar is Hulk's son, A-Bomb's his best friend, She-Hulk's his cousin, and Red She-Hulk's his wife ('cause you know she'll be here somewhere).

This isn't a superhero action cartoon, it's a sitcom. ;)

20. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ New Member

Alright, I was more than fine with Avengers: EMH, which is comic book goodness incarnate, but now they're making an entire team up show based around the Hulk clan? Between this and Ultimate Spiderman, it seems like Marvel has no interest in making single superhero shows anymore. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.