How to make Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick more viewer attractive

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by SF4Ever, Dec 8, 2012.

1. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

For years, we could watch cartoons at any time, during the day, but just in case this hasn't been brought up, this is a thread on how to make Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick more viewer attractive. Nick has already begun the process to run programs that are exclusive to Saturday mornings. Cartoon Network should begin the process to present programs exclusively to Saturday morning viewing and it's still a work in progress. Reruns of current programs that are running on Saturday morning is, more or less, hurting Disney Channel, especially when it has the capability to debut animated programs exclusively for its Toonin' Saturdays block, and at the same time, like we've been stating for the last year and a half, the block also lacks variety, especially when not everyone has Disney XD on their cable systems. What can be done? Each network can go through their respective lineup of animated programs and decide which program should air exclusively on Saturday mornings and give those programs heavy promotion, during the week. Also, each of the three networks should consider airing each program first on Saturday morning, then reruning that very program, once during the week, instead of on Sunday morning. Take the programming lineup and mix it up for all viewers, not any one gender, because we need to avoid stereotyping in programming, because that has hurt all three networks. The Saturday morning viewing landscape has already shifted and all three networks must learn to make adjustments in order to keep it fresh. Superheroes are still the top draw on Saturday mornings- Cartoon Network and Nick has them, Disney Channel doesn't, and that needs to change. We've had a recent thread on this board about Indiana Jones in animation. Disney's Kathleen Kennedy, a former Warner Bros. exec, who'll be running Lucasfilm, might want to consider Indy in animation, and she can talk to both George Lucas and Steven Spielberg and possibly contract Man of Action Studios, who has deals with both Cartoon Network(Ben 10: Omniverse) and Disney(Marvel Universe), to provide the animation for a future Indiana Jones animated series, should it happen. If Disney has any kind of adventure animation deal, it'll likely be done through Man of Action Studios. What also needs to be done is for the animated programs that run exclusively on Saturday mornings on all three of these networks, raise the episode count, per season to 24 episodes from 16, previously- the main thing is to keep the Saturday morning blocks fresh, so the young viewers can come back and see more, even at the mid-season point. All three networks might also want to add in a preview for the next episode of each program, the following Saturday. In the past, CBS, ABC and NBC kept Saturday mornings fresh for younger viewers and even gave press releases for upcoming Saturday morning programs for the next season. That responsibility now falls on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick and all three must maintain that. Young viewers like to be entertained with laughs, excitement, intrigue and adventure, and all three are capable of doing just that, to keep those same viewers coming back for more, every Saturday morning. Imagine programs that are broadcast exclusively, first on Saturday morning, then rerun, once during the week, then the following Saturday, another new episode and so on- this can happen, and yes, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick are very capable of making Saturday morning television more viewer attractive. All it's going to take is deciding what programs should be run, exclusively on Saturday mornings, cut down on reruns of prime-time programs on Saturday mornings, air the programs first on Saturday mornings, raise the seasonal episode count from 16 to 24, heavy promotion for each of the programs during the week, previews of the next program after airing, utilizing the properties that each network controls and use them, etc.- case and point, keep Saturday mornings fresh for younger viewers. The main thing is to keep the younger viewers coming back for more on Saturday mornings, and that's what all three networks need to score profits. If you have any ideas on how to make Saturday mornings more viewer attractive, please chime in, but please, don't criticize other poster's ideas- everyone's ideas are welcome.

2. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Ummmm....

I think Variety could help a bit.

3. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 New Member

With the action genre being the Saturday morning staple as it was back in the 80s in today's times, I say variety is necessary so put me down for that as well. However, this makes sense as CN's, Nick's, and Disney's lineups are mostly comedy so it's forgivable but still in the future, I say take a risk and throw in some third party comedy series to compete with the big 3 networks... oh, we're talking about how to book Saturday mornings for the big 3. Never mind, sorry about that :sweat:

Anyways, I'd like for CN to reinstate a weekly action block as per the the original format of Toonami, but that's not what this topic is about so I'll cut to the chase at last...

Nickelodeon seems to have the advantage in the action department with CN's abrupt pre-empting of DC Nation. Why not take full advantage of this and bring over a certain ratings generator called Dragon Ball Z Kai? I'll be honest, I absolutely HATE how Snyder let one of the biggest hits of his network go. I still can't believe Nickelodeon actually owns the rights to Dragon Ball Z when it was Cartoon Network that opened its doors to and groomed it to be one of cable's, let alone the channel's biggest blockbusters in history. With that being said, I hate how Nick relegated Kai to Nicktoons after claiming one of their main competitor's biggest ratings weapons. However, they can (somewhat) make up for their incompetence by airing the Buu Saga on the main channel once it is dubbed on Saturday mornings. Vortexx already airs Kai, true but Nick can lighten up on the editing that takes place on Vortexx's incarnation (either they can or I'm just being hopeful). But really, Nick acquiring Kai only to waste it on Nicktoons is akin to WCW paying millions for Bret Hart to jump ship only to squander his talent from the very moment he walked through their doors...

But yeah, Dragon ball Z Kai on the main channel for a successful Saturday morning action block is my idea. Sorry for the semi-rant there, guys!

4. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

Imagine what Cartoon Network would be like if it offered its presidency to someone like Jean MacCurdy? I could picture her shaking things up on the network, especially on the creative sense, but that's another story. Still, Cartoon Network needs consistency as far as scheduling programs for Saturday mornings is concerned, and it's like I stated before, look at it's lineup of programs and decide what programs should be exclusive to Saturday mornings. From there on, those selected programs should air on Saturday mornings first, before being rerun, once during the week- it's something that CN might want to look at. Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays, as I pointed out, lacks variety, which doesn't help the network at all, especially when it comes to programming for all audiences and avoiding gender stereotyping. Reruns of current prime-time programs on Saturday mornings have hurt Disney Channel, especially when the network's Toonin' Saturdays has the capability to add exclusive animated programming for Saturday mornings and to increase variety with those programs. Nothing is going to stop Disney from working with Man of Action Studios on developing original animated programming that'll be exclusive for Saturday mornings. Yes, Cartoon Network needs consistency, Disney Channel needs variety and well, Nick needs to cease optioning off potential Saturday morning programming to its sister networks, like Nicktoons. All three networks need to stop with the stereotyping of its core audiences, because that has hurt all three. I'm not sure, but this might be calling for sweeping reform, all the way around for all three networks, but that's a wait and see mode. Keep those ideas for making Saturday morning programming more viewer attractive coming, because a great deal of them make sense.

5. GPRailroad8794

Who exactly is Jean MacCurdy and what are her credentials? Is she anything like Betty Cohen was? If so, sign her up!

EDIT: OK, just found out she was production manager for Tiny Toons, so that's a definite qualification. What else is on her resume?

6. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Why must everyone speak in huge walls of text?

7. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

It's a forum; we can say as much as we want. It's not like a chat room or a social network like Twitter, where we have to keep it brief.

8. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Sorry! I didnt mean to be mean. ._.

9. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

In my opinion, they should invest in hosts.
    Either a cartoon character or live host like Cartoon Cartoon Fridays used to have.
    Those few seconds of introducing a cartoon or another bit of goofiness make it a cohesive whole.

True.
    Let's remember people are posting and reading from all sorts of different devices. From hunt and peckers and thumb typers to speed typists. Maybe even voice assist for all I know.

But if you want people get through the whole thing, it's best to break it into easy read paragraphs.

Any further debate about posting styles would be a good topic for the Cafe.

10. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

She worked for Hanna-Barbera in the 1980's, before joining Warner Bros., where she has not only been production manager, but co-executive producer of Batman, Taz-Mania and other notable Warner Bros. programs. She currently resides in San Francisco, but if Cartoon Network contacted her to head up operations in Los Angeles and possibly become their president, given her history of working in animation and as a production manager, she would probably accept. Added footnote, both Jean MacCurdy and Kathleen Kennedy(now with Disney) worked together at Warner Bros. and both she and former Fox Kids president Margaret Loesch worked together at Hanna-Barbera. If she became Cartoon Network's next president, it would be an opportunity for Jean MacCurdy to move up to the next level. Now that being said, getting back to the topic of this thread, back in the 1980's, stars of prime-time TV series hosted Saturday morning blocks, from time to time. Cartoon Network could have stars from shows on TBS host its Saturday morning blocks. Likewise for Nick, having stars from original shows on TV Land host its Saturday morning lineup. Same deal with Disney Channel- have stars from prime-time TV host Toonin' Saturdays. There's another way to make Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick more viewer attractive.

11. GPRailroad8794

Thanks for the info, I'd love for CN to sign someone like her. Whoever picks her up first (preferably CN) sounds like they will reign supreme! And why not hire cartoon people for a cartoon company? They'll do a lot better than mindlessly appointed business suits.

And thats some good outside the box thinking, not a bad idea at all! Even better, have co-hosts in one cartoon character and one celebrity, doesn't have to necessarily be one from a sister channel's programming but a celebrity.

I'd love to see Rigby and Shaq co-host a Saturday morning block together. This also provides opportunities to use classic characters from shows that no longer air and bring them back to the limelight.

12. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

Check out this old article for 2010- after you look at it, I'll talk about why Disney hasn't done business with these guys:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/13/movies/13kirby.html?_r=0

Yes, that's Joe Ruby, Ken Spears, Sid and Marty Krofft with old illustrations of legendary artist Jack Kirby's work. As you probably guessed, Marvel took these guys to court over Kirby's illustrations and won, which was a slap in the face to these guys that Jack Kirby had a good working relationship with. Why doesn't Disney, who now owns Marvel, fish out Kirby's old work and make good with the Krofft Bros. and Ruby-Spears in terms of making something out of his work- it can't be that hard to do. The point is, Disney could've contracted Ruby-Spears and the Krofft Bros. to develop programs, based on Jack Kirby's work, without having to deal with the hassle of Marvel taking them to court. If this had become reality, imagine how Disney Channel would've gone about putting such a program on its Toonin' Saturday block. The point is variety is the key word, and that's what Disney Channel should consider for its Toonin' Saturday block.

13. GPRailroad8794

Just read it, interesting article that opened my mind up a little bit.

Anyway, we're listening. What is it with Disney not wanting to do business with these talented people?

14. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

D.C. Nation is returning to Cartoon Network, the first Saturday of next month. To prevent anymore program preemptions, raise the episode count per season from 16 to 24 for programs produced exclusively for Saturday mornings. Also returning, around the same time for Nick, the return of The Legend of Korra. I'll be glad to see that program, again, but still, Nick might want to juggle its Saturday morning lineup a little bit, like scheduling Korra to follow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and preceed Power Rangers: Super Samurai. Also, move Winx Club to Saturdays at 12:30 p.m., following Power Rangers. Cartoon Network could juggle its Saturday morning lineup, too- maybe move both Pokemon and Redaki to the 11:00 a.m. hour slot and reruns of both Dragons: Riders of Berk and Level-Up to Saturdays, starting at 12:00 p.m. Start Saturdays at 8:00 a.m. with comedy-based programs on CN- it couldn't hurt. Now for Disney Channel- let Kathleen Kennedy preside over the entire network, possibly give Jack Kirby's old artwork another look, contact Joe Ruby and Ken Spears and contract them to develop an original animated program, based on Kirby's old artwork for Toonin' Saturdays, look at Patrick Shoenmaker's animated images of Indiana Jones, talk with both George Lucas and Steven Spielberg about redeveloping Indy as an animated series and contract Man of Action Studios to provide the animation. I looked at some of Jack Kirby's old artwork, and now that Disney legally controls it, why not contact Ruby-Spears and Krofft Entertainment in once again developing Kirby's old work. One piece of work, in particular, Roxie's Raiders, probably could be developed as an original animated series on Disney Channel, produced by Ruby-Spears. Case and point, Disney really needs to settle with Ruby-Spears and the Krofft Bros., as far as developing some of Jack Kirby's old artwork is concerned. Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, why not redevelop Indiana Jones as an animated series- it now has the resources to do that, just get a few deals in. I can almost imagine what Kathleen Kennedy can do if she were Disney Channel president. At the same time, I can also imagine what Jean MacCurdy can do if she were Cartoon Network president. The point is we must consider any and all possibilities, especially when it comes down to how to make Saturday morning television on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick more viewer attractive in the 21st Century.

Let's also talk about Saturday morning previews- Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick could also have those to preview the next season of new Saturday morning shows and with celebrities hosting those specials. That's another thing that's missing from Saturday morning viewing, nowadays, and we need to bring those back- the young viewers need previews of what they're going to see on Cartoon Network and Nick Saturday mornings as well as Disney Channel's Toonin' Saturdays, and those preview specials should air on a Friday in prime time, before the next season of Saturday morning shows begins. This can be done, just accordingly. This is another way that Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick can make Saturday mornings more viewer attractive. I think the time to consider all of these ideas is right now, at least for the next season. Saturday mornings can be profitable with heavy promotion, scores of advertisers and plenty of sponsorship. Now, if animated programs on the Big Three were to be scheduled exclusively for Saturday mornings, that can be attractive to the young viewers, because they'll know what time that program is on and would only see that episode, first on Saturday morning, which should be mandatory. If all shows running exclusively on Saturday mornings were to increase each show's seasonal episode count from 16 to 24, that would also help bring the young viewers back, the next Saturday to see the program's next episode, but the young viewers must know what they're about to see in the upcoming season, which is why all three networks, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick must consider preview shows on a Friday night, so they can get ready for Saturday morning, the very next day. For shows that are tapped to air exclusively on Saturday mornings and the animators who may produce up to 24 episodes, per season, provided they get the green light from the networks to do so, that'll put a lot of animators to work, possibly all year round, and that's what needs to be done. The Saturday morning cartoon landscape has already shifted, now, it's just a matter of adjusting to the changes, especially in the 21st Century. I'm sure you have more ideas on how Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick can make Saturday mornings more viewer attractive, so feel free to chime in.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  15. GPRailroad8794

Do you mean Friday night preview shows as in actual 30 minute segments? If so, that's a bit long, I'd say 10-15 minutes would be a more appropriate timeframe.

A pre-show isn't a bad idea actually. If these are to be done, then throughout the week as opposed to showing commercials promoting the Saturday morning block, these can be used to promote to pre-show on Friday night's. This tactic could work particularly well for CN, but only if they relaunch Cartoon Network Fridays and have the pre-show take place either in the middle of the block or at the end, immediately before the encore airing. It would probably be better to have it happen in the middle as a break between programs, a half-time show, if you will.

It would be a good idea to stream online as well or dedicate a page to it on cartoonnetwork.com. Simple promotion throughout the course of the Fridays block can work just as well, but a pre-show is a ballsy move that deserves a chance, at least IMO.
    As for Saturday morning's programming, you implied that action shows shouldn't be the primary focus. This opens the door for a variety of possibilities as to what types of shows should air. What determines a Saturday morning cartoon? What sort of structure is there to a Saturday morning cartoon? How do you make a Saturday morning cartoon? Should the block be a little acquisition heavy to clearly distinguish it from the weekday lineup? What original properties should be mixed in to the lineup if we are to go this route of a 3rd party cartoon block?

We can air a 3rd showing of the headlining premiere the previous night for those that missed out on Fridays completely as a draw for Saturday mornings. We could also also bring back the Top 5 in order to get viewers more involved, as they get to personally choose whatever episode(s) of any shows or show that was broadcast any time during the week receive the highest number of votes can serve as another feature of the block. All the same, we want to avoid overexposure of these weekday shows, so it's one or the other.

16. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

Actually, not a bad idea, but it's still important for the networks to determine what programs should air exclusively on Saturday morning. Whatever programs they are, they should air on Saturday morning, first, then viewers can have a second chance to catch that same episode, during the week, if they missed it on Saturday morning, so that's a good idea- why not reserve at least one hour of daily afternoon to re-air a program that has just aired, that Saturday morning, before the new episode airs, the next Saturday morning. Yes, the adventure cartoons should air, late in the block and the comedy cartoons lead off the block. It's whatever it takes to make Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick more viewer attractive, and at the same time, a second chance to catch the shows, in the daily afternoon, during the week, before the new episodes air the next Saturday morning. I think if it works like this, maybe Disney Channel can start Toonin' Saturdays at 8:00 a.m. to fill up the entire block with animation, just like when ABC did, way back in the day. Now, for each of the lineups on all three of these networks, we've talked about variety, let's also talk about free market dealing, that is if it can be done without encroaching on the rival's parent companies- that would mean Time Warner, Walt Disney Co. and CBS couldn't encroach on each other, while marketing Saturday morning programming to Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick. This would mean other animation companies not affiliated with either of the three I've stated, would have the opportunity to do business with the Big Three. For instance, imagine if Cartoon Network were to have a TV series version of the movie, Ice Age? Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang having a show on Disney Channel or even this possibility, Heathcliff having a new animated show on Nick? I'm talking about those possibilities and anything similar- it can work. How about TV cartoons based on successful feature films- those can bring in young viewers, anywhere. At the same time, those daily afternoon shows, to avoid overexposure, they could not air on Saturday mornings- that's the thing the networks must be careful of, because any one show that's overexposed can erode its viewership. Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick must go over it's respective lineups of animated shows to determine what programs should air exclusively on Saturday morning first, then rerun those programs in the daily afternoon, during the week for those who missed them on Saturday morning. Again, raise the episode count of each show from 16 to 24 per season, and we must also acknowledge the possibility that the three networks at around mid-season, may shuffle the lineups to keep the block viewer fresh. If this can all be done, without the demographical stereotyping that has hurt all three networks, Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick just might become "Must-See TV" for younger viewers. If and when that happens, the younger viewers deserve it, because they'll have something to come back to, watch and enjoy, every Saturday morning.

17. GPRailroad8794

Depending on how many Saturday morning exclusives there are, their premieres can be spread throughout the week. We need at least 5 shows to be a part of the block in order for the premiere of each show to be re-run on an afternoon from Monday through Friday. For example, since you suggested using series adaptations of movies, we have one show for CN's Saturday Morning in DreamWorks' Dragons: Riders of Berk. Change the date of its premieres from its current day (Tuesday, right?) to Saturday and have the rerun of said premiere take place on Tuesday at its original time. I'm not a fan of 99% of these types of shows, but they'll fit right in on a Saturday morning lineup. Nick has a former Saturday morning show in Winx Club, which I hear doesn't perform so well. So why not reschedule back to its comfort zone on a Saturday morning some time from 9-10? There's also the rumored Monsters VS Aliens show that Nick ordered, throw it on a Saturday morning!

Actually, back to the pre-show idea, shorten the time from 5-10 minutes. It can utilize the format of a sport's halftime show, but we're promoting cartoons here, not building hype for the 3rd and 4th quarters of a Lakers game. Just 5 minutes should be plenty, or somewhere between that and 10.

Of course for this to work, I'd like to see CN or Nick (preferably CN) regain some fortitude and go head to head with Disney Channel on Friday nights with CN relaunching CCF/ Cartoon Network's Fridays and while Monday night's can still be the premiere night for Regular Show and Adventure Time, New episodes of other shows can take place on Friday. If whatever new shows come along prove to be popular enough, then why not test their popularity out and at least try ti give one of your competitors a run for their money? This makes the competition that much more fierce and in turn can result in a better product from all of the Big 3. They're all supposed to be in competition with one another but nobody seems willing to actually push the envelope like back in the late 90s to mid 2000s. It just seems like somehow all 3 are going through the motions instead of outright attacking each other, IMO. Where's the fire at?? Controversy creates cash and the lack of competition can create complacency. Despite having 2 other networks battling for the same audience as them, all 3 still somehow seem complacent in their approach to shaking things up, especially Disney. They've grown soft and need to be controversial again! Make this a war, not a game of tic-tac-toe! Get some fire you 3!

Also just so it's known, I am a diehard Cartoon Network fan (with Nick being the lowest on my totem pole), always have been so naturally I'm rooting for them to dominate in the ratings. However, I can still provide ideas for the other 2 channels that could benefit all 3. I'll try not to be biased, but still ardently support CN.

18. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

At least we know Cartoon Network is in the driver's seat- still, I'd like for CN to get back the 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. time slot from Adult Swim to build on more original programming, instead of reruns of old Fox shows. Getting back to Saturday mornings, I could see Dragons: Riders of Berk getting a new time slot on Saturdays- it can actually work. Cartoon Network can assemble a lineup that'll be exclusive to Saturday mornings, then give viewers a second chance to catch the programs that they missed on Saturday morning, during the week, in the daily afternoons, before the respective show's new episode airs, that Saturday morning. Still, both Regular Show and Adventure Time can continue to air on Monday nights, while Friday nights can be left to shows like The Looney Tunes Show, MAD, Total Drama Island, etc. That could give CN more time to develop more original programming, during the week. Deals with both CN and Nick are currently putting Dreamworks Animation on the fast track of becoming a major player in TV animation in the 2010's. Still, in addition to Monsters vs. Aliens on Nick, I'd also like to see for CN TV series versions of Ice Age and possibly, Shrek. Complacency can really hurt a TV network, Nick knows this, which is why it's transitioning to other programming to get out of its current ratings slump and before too long, Disney Channel could be going into a ratings slump, because of complacency- this things can happen and they do happen. I do admire Nick making a transition to other types of programming, acknowledging that Cartoon Network is also a competitor. Now, that being said, CN does need to retool its Saturday morning lineup to include comedy cartoons to air, between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.- I could see Ben 10 Omniverse moving to 12:00 p.m. and both Redaki and Pokemon airing primarily on Sunday mornings. Nick can move Winx Club back to a more respectable time slot, 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays. Let's hope Disney Channel execs are paying attention, because Cartoon Network is on a serious ratings rise and Nick is changing its programming strategy, especially on Saturday mornings. Imagine if both CN and Nick get good ratings on Saturday mornings for adventure animation, while Disney Channel struggles along, airing no adventure animation, that can be a problem. As long as both CN and Nick stay aggressive in their respective approach to adventure animation on Saturday mornings, that may force Disney Channel's hand. Remember, Disney doesn't have deals with Lucasfilm, Man of Action Studios and Film Roman for nothing- this is exactly what they envisioned, developing action animation, but both CN and Nick have more action animation studio deals than Disney, that's why Disney needs to talk with Joe Ruby and Ken Spears as well as Krofft Entertainment in terms of getting future deals done. This is what Saturday mornings is all about, having both comedy and action animation in one programming block, and that's what both Cartoon Network and Nick are doing- Disney needs to get hip and catch on, soon. Complacency and demographic stereotyping has no place among the Big Three, nowadays, especially on Saturday mornings. The sooner we get some programming parity, among these three, the better off young viewers will be.

19. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

On my personal fantasy schedule, I have classics through the entire morning (I do this every day of the week). However, on weekdays, it lasts until 9AM. However, on weekends, it lasts until 12PM. It will grab in some older viewers or people who haven't seen some of these shows for a while.

6AM - Dexter's Lab
    6:30AM - Johnny Bravo
    7AM - PPG
    7:30AM - Sheep
    8AM - Cow/Chicken
    8:15AM - I.M. Weasel
    8:30AM - Time Squad
    9AM - Looney Tunes
    10AM - Tom and Jerry
    etc.

That's unrealistic, I know, but that would seriously grab some viewers for Cartoon Network. Now, you might be asking "What about the action shows?" Saturdays and Sundays are filled with action. Saturday afternoons is DC Nation, Saturday evenings is "You Are Here" and Sunday evenings are like "Toonami", with shows that have storylines, are darker and anime etc.

20. GPRailroad8794

I was actually thinking about that, but instead of them taking place on Saturday mornings, have them air in tandem on the weekday lineup like how the various Hanna-Barbers shows were during the Powerhouse Era. However, if we are to route of the Top 5, then these classics can also be a part of the polls and have just as much a chance of being re-aired as a contemporary show. Indeed, this would garner the attention of older audiences so it's a good thing you bought the idea to the table.