1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by Radical Raven, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

So I categorized this as a 1960s feature film on impulse, but I then realized that this cartoon clocks in at under a half hour. Among other things IMDB categorizes it as a "short," so I put that in there. Does anyone think there is a more technically correct term?

3. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Featurette?

4. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

I'd say half-an-hour still qualifies as a short. That's how long the Wallace and Gromits are (aside from Wererabbit, of course) and they still qualify for various "best short film" awards.

But if you want a new category for films like this, I'd pick "special". Although I think I'd also file the specials under the "short" categories at the same time, since dividing the two seems a trifle arbitary.