1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

How much of a collector are you?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Peter Paltridge, May 25, 2017.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

If you're the type to stockpile video games, how devoted to collecting are you? Do you just keep a few around, do you build small libraries, or do you build large ones?

You don't want to be somebody who collects for investment purposes, because that's a fool's errand no matter what the product is. The problem with value created by demand, and nothing else, is that the demand will ALWAYS fade eventually. This video explains it pretty well (ignore the annoying thumbnail):

I have a collection that stretches back several console generations, but I usually only buy games I know are good and that I want to keep, and eventually play (whether I ever have the time or not). I have a shelf of games that are basically the "Greatest Hits" of each generation.

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm actually a huge collector. I never get rid of a game that I've bought - I started back in the GBA/Gamecube/PS2 era. I am running out of space, though, so I may have to think of something soon...

I'm also picky about keeping the original boxart.

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I have collected several console such as the Snes, GBC, Gamecube, and Wii for Nintendo. Ps1, Ps2, for Playstation, Sega Genesis and Sega Dreamcast for Sega, and Xbox and 360 for Xbox consoles. As for games I own Madden 04- 25 for the Madden franchise do I do intend to get more of the Madden Games and same with Call of Duty owning Big Red One/ 2 to MW3 at the highest while intending to extend more of the franchise. In short I collect just several franchise games.