How is Avengers Assemble?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Silver Moebius, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Silver Moebius

Silver Moebius Member

I LOVE, LOVE Earth's Mightiest Heroes. My favorite Marvel cartoon along with the 90s Spiderman series.

Saddened it was unfairly canceled.

That said, I was wondering what this board thinks of the new Avengers cartoon. I've watched a few clips on youtube. Doesn't seem that great, but I do love some of the character designs, especially that of Hulk!

Worth a shot?

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

So far the show is 80% miss and 20% hits, you have to REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY dig in the crap to find the gems. Check out Hyprion and Emperior Doom for the gems

3. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

The replacement show is mediocre. If you come to it from AEMH, it will seem worse.

4. macattack

macattack I see you!

Most of the episodes range from mediocre to bad. There's a couple of decent ones ("Hyperion" and "Emperor Doom") but even those can only compare to the final, compromised episodes of AEMH in terms of quality.

There's very little going on when it comes to consistent character development or long-running plotlines in comparison to AEMH as well.

5. spyke

spyke Active Member

The show, IMO, is mostly garbage, especially in regards to the art and animation.

6. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

I couldn't watch past the first 2 episodes. Tough stuff.

7. Stonewall

Stonewall New Member

I'm the other way 'round. Looks good, crap plotting and dialogue.

8. PapaGreg

Its mostly the character designs, they feel bland and lacking any personality

9. Stonewall

Stonewall New Member

I like the designs well enough...a good, strong story and voice work will overcome visual deficiencies most of the time.

Look at 90s X-Men, for example. The animation is the WEAKEST part of the package.

10. spyke

spyke Active Member

My main problem with the look of the show is that I think that it has bad CGI,bad animation,bad background art,and a bad color scheme.

11. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

You just nailed it there, aside of the writing being mediocre the animation like the background art and CGI are done poorly. I remember the episode with Hyperion in the first scene with the meteors i thought to myself "what is this, the 90's?" watching how bad it was reminded me of the awful CGI from the 90's Marvel along with others like the locations, the transportation like the quinjet as if the artist where too lazy to do something better.

I disagree, even tho the animation look kinda stiff the animation of the 90's X-Men had a nice comic book feeling and the character designs was good till the last season where they had to cut their budget and the characters look kinda odd, especially Rogue and Jubilee.

AA designs look bland and boring, you can say the only good are the voice actors it's so so since i'm not too convinced with Adrian Pasdar's Iron Man.

12. Stonewall

Stonewall New Member

You must have been watching a different show. The animation was BEYOND "stiff". The characters were NEVER well-integrated with the backgrounds and the backgrounds themselves looked like half-colored pencil roughs rather then fully realized environments more than half the time. (That's what you get for hiring cheap foreign animators.)

AA's animation and backgrounds (for that matter, substitute any of a number of modern animateds) are far superior to 90s X-Men.

13. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I think it's the other way around my friend. The animation of AA is boring and bland and the CGI is not helping much. Say all you want on the stiff and the characters not being well integrated with the backgrounds but i will take the 90's X-Men any day then AA.

14. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    It fails miserably and is just not a good byproduct of the otherwise Awesome movie from 2012 that came before it, either.

Unlike what came before it - THIS really feels like a crappy 80's cartoon to sell cheap trash to impressionable youths... And not having a modicum of entertaining quality to back it up, either!

THE. END.

15. spyke

spyke Active Member

I think that it is written like the worse toyetic 80's cartoons with bad 90's animation and background art.

16. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Well then - just one more excuse for me... To never look back and watch something else. Goodbye, everyone.

17. PapaGreg

And to think that it only seemed like yesterday that we had Motorcity and Tron Uprising

18. spyke

spyke Active Member

Well that all depends on which old cartoons that you decide to look back at and watch again.

19. strugler

strugler Member

I hope loeb, MoA and disney head honchos read this thread.

I reall hope marvel animation studios will learn from these horrible mistakes.

I also think that unlike usm and hulk and the agents of smash, avengers assemble can still be redeemed if season is under a different regime, but since moa already said they are writing season 2 i probably shouldnt hold my breath.

20. macattack

macattack I see you!

This is truth. Some old cartoons hold up surprisingly well. Hell, Spectacular Spider-Man is going on six years old, believe it or not. That's not exactly new by a long shot.