"How I Met Your Mother" Season Seven Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Sep 19, 2011.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"...Now I'm married to an amazing girl, we have two kids. It's actually a funny story of how we met. I was a best man at this wedding..."

The seventh season of How I Met Your Mother premieres tonight with two episodes on CBS at 8 p.m. ET. Next week it will retain its 8 p.m. slot next week where it will be followed by 2 Broke Girls.

YouTube: How I Met Your Mother: Season 6 Recap

'Like' How I Met Your Mother on Facebook
    'Follow' How I Met Your Mother on Twitter
    'Subscribe' to How I Met Your Mother on YouTube

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Best Man" - Season Premiere
    Monday, September 19, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    In the seventh-season opener, Barney's mystery wedding prompts the friends to reminisce about Punchy's wedding and Marshall and Lily's pregnancy announcement; and Robin considers revealing her hidden feelings to Barney. - TVGuide.com

"The Naked Truth"
    Monday, September 19, 2011 @ 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 CT on CBS
    Marshall gets his dream job, but is terrified that videos from his past will surface and crush his hopes; and Ted doesn't know who to invite to the Architects Ball. - TVGuide.com

Season One talkback
    Season Two talkback
    Season Three talkback
    Season Four talkback
    Season Five talkback
    Season Six talkback

CBS.com - How I Met Your Mother

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Quick notes for now.

Robin's new hair makes her look butch.

In HD I can tell that Alyson Hannigan has keratosis pilaris on her upper arms, or something that looks a lot like it. I guess that's why she doesn't wear sleeveless shirts that much.

Loved it when Ted told his kids the story had a lot more to go. Also like Edward 40 Hands.

And it's great that they've finally started the baby stuff.

But Ted's plots were annoying and boring, he's just going around in circles.

Barney's Nora plot is just wasting our time. We know how this ends.

And holy crap, Victoria is back! She's the only girl out all the ones that Ted has dated that I've liked. Interested to see where this goes.

3. RedNinja84

RedNinja84 Hotness 2.0

Good double premier with Marshall stealing the show again. Beercules!

4. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"The Ducky Tie" September 26, 2011

New How I Met Your Mother in just a few minutes on CBS.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Ducky Tie"
    Monday, September 26, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    Marshall and Lily make a bet with Barney that could force him to wear Marshall's ducky tie.

5. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

I thought this was going to be another "Ted is a jerk" episodes until the last few minutes and Victoria laid down a major reality bomb for him. The dynamic between him, Barney, and Robin is going to eventually collapse if Ted intends to truly get into a real relationship. It's actually kind of funny how the last two seasons that issue has been floating around (remember how Don intially reacted and how this susequently led to Robin temporarily moving out of Ted's apartment). Victoria made it clear that the way things currently are are just not going to work out.

To me this sounds like this will ultimately come to fruition in Season Eight since we already know that this Season's arc is focused on Barney's "mystery bride". We also know that they seem to be all together up until that point (with Robin conviently absent) but I get the feeling that the events of this wedding may get the snowball rolling for Season Eight's events. If the fallout happened this season it would make most of the next season hard to watch since the show heavily relies on the group dynamic. I also seriously doubt this will happen since we also have Marshall and Lily's "baby arc" also taking place.

Still, this episode was a good setup for the series finale with a major event being forshadowed for the final season.

O-chan

6. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"The Stinson Missile Crisis" October 3, 2011

Robin finds herslef coming to Barney's love life defense tonight at 8 p.m. ET.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Stinson Missile Crisis"
    Monday, October 3, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    After Robin assaults a girl who is out to ruin Barney's relationship, she is forced to begin court-mandated therapy sessions.

7. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"Field Trip" October 10, 2011

Martin Short is back for an all-new How I Met Your Mother.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Field Trip"
    Monday, October 10, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    When Marshall witnesses his boss's soft approach in settling with a million dollar company, he takes matters into his own hands.

8. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

Marshall's boss plot was a little depressing. He finally gets his dream job and his boss has the most pessimistic viewpoint, sure that change towards the end but still...

Barney's obsession with Ewoks was hilarious. Someplace, somewhere there's a STAR WARS fan trying to screencap Barney's slideshow just to see if the details were accurate.:D

I kind of had this odd feeling that Robin was going to end up dating her therapist. Usually if they cast someone who is around the same age that's usually how these things develop (also because this kind of happened in a movie I recently saw). But wait...wasn't this all because Robin's theraphy was court mandated? That in and of itself is weird.

Ted...Seven Seasons and this is the first time we see him with a 5 o clock shadow the entire episode (I don't count the Robin breakup beard). Wonder what was going on behind the scenes that the actor couldn't shave for this episode (Unless this is an "in show" thing, but I doubt it)?

O-chan

9. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I'm 35 and I hate Ewoks.

10. Palin Dromos

Palin Dromos The Abyss Stares Back

CBS is on it.

I don't know, I think it's for the show. It was just too in-your-face to be incidental. Maybe he's growing it out intentionally to look more "professor-y" or something.

11. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"Mystery Vs. History" October 17, 2011

New HIMYM coming soon to CBS.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Mystery Vs. History"
    Monday, October 17, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    ­Ted's dated some weirdos before, but this girl has the most shocking secret ever!

12. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"Noretta" October 24, 2011

New episode tonight at 7 on CBS.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Noretta"
    Monday, October 24, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    ­The gang discovers that their significant others remind them of their parents; and Barney and Nora's romantic night is plagued by mishaps. - TVGuide.com

13. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"The Slutty Pumpkin Returns" October 31, 2011

Tonight, one of Ted's lingering questions will be answered!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Slutty Pumpkin Returns"
    Monday, October 31, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    ­Ted finally meets his mystery girl in the Slutty Pumpkin costume. Katie Holmes guest stars! Meanwhile, Barney learns he is part Canadian, and Lily has pregnancy brain.

14. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"Disaster Averted" November 7, 2011

Is Barney really going to wear the ducky tie until the new year?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Disaster Averted"
    Monday, November 7, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    The gang reminisces about what happened during Hurricane Irene and Barney tries desperately to get out of wearing the ducky tie.

15. The Old Maid

The Old Maid Voice in the wilderness

Wow, no comments? The return of the Slap Bet? Barney accepting three more Slaps? Marshall dropping him twice? A tree fell on Ted's house and didn't flatten the gang because they weren't there? Barney & Robin sittin' in a tree, K-i-s-s-i-n-g?

The only reason I can think of that this episode hasn't gotten any comments is that everyone's too floored by the "2.5 Men" episode that followed it.

16. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"Tick Tick Tick" November 14, 2011

:eek:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Tick Tick Tick"
    Monday, November 14, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    Barney and Robin find themselves in an uncomfortable situation when they hide a secret from their significant others. Meanwhile, Marshall, Lily and Ted attend a concert.

17. LinkG07

LinkG07 New Member

Wow... poor Barney. That was so sad. :(

18. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

"The Rebound Girl" November 21, 2011

Barney broke up with Nora, but Robin didn't break up with Kevin!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Rebound Girl"
    Monday, November 21, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on CBS
    Ted and Barney discuss making a life-changing decision together, and Robin tries to discourage Marshall and Lily from moving to Long Island.

19. HomeMoviesFan

HomeMoviesFan I have a nemesis!

Damn, that was a crazy, crazy twist.

Wow.

20. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

This episode really wanted me to ship Barney/Ted. Those two are just so freakin' cute together. Wow. Robin dropped a bomb. This adds another layer to Barney's mystery wedding because we know it can't be with Nora and now there's the slight possibility it will end up being a "shotgun wedding".

O-chan