1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

How I can make the samurai Jack finale much better

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by thomas2313412, Sep 10, 2017.

1. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Member

We all know that Samurai Jack Season 5 is the best season because it not only has maturity and a dark tone since this final season is aimed for the now grown fans of Samurai Jack but it also finally gives a proper conclusion that the original run didn't receive.

However some fans however are unsatisfied with the finale (which I am one of the people who are okay with it) because the battle feels rushed and they didn't like how Ashi is killed off in the finale even though it makes sense because If the bad future is destroyed so is Ashi since she belonged in that era.

So I am going to give my take on how I can improve the finale of Samurai Jack.

Oh and before that please be advised there will always be a bittersweet ending and that Jack will finally accomplish his goal by returning to the past and kill Aku.

All right now here is how I can make the samurai Jack finale much better.

The finale episode will be one hour and it will be split into two episodes Episode CI and Episode CII

Episode CI
    will begin like the original but expanded as we see the people Samurai Jack saved throughout the last 4 seasons especially the mysterious woman who helped Ashi find jack from Episode XCVII (so that it will tie up loose ends) and then as Aku is just trying to find a suitable weapon to kill Jack,The rest of the episode will have Jack's Allies prepare to rescue him by teaming up and maybe get their own method of transport to reach to Aku's fortress in time which this whole extended scene might be boring to some.

Anyway the second half of the episode will consist of many shots of Jack's Allies trying to save Jack from death by Aku's grasp especially using the possessed Ashi since she is a hybrid of Aku and the high priestess and then the episode will end just like the end of the first half of the original episode CI when Aku fights back Jack's Allies with his powers.

Episode CII or the second half of the one hour series finale episode continues where CI left off where Aku's continuously devour Jack's allies despite their best efforts to strike him back and then the rest of the episode will be similar to the Original Episode CI especially where Jack finally convince Ashi to snap out of it. After Aku attempts to convince Ashi to kill Jack ,She refuse so Aku strikes back at her which injures her a bit which makes Jack angry so he quickly grabs the Sword and begins his final battle with Aku ,Ashi who is on the sideline of the battle witness helplessly at seeing Jack and Aku fighting each other one on one and is worried that Aku will finally kill Jack however when she heals herself quickly due to the special genes she inherited from Aku she realises she has Aku's powers so Ashi joins the battle and hits Aku the episode will come in two scenarios but the only similarity is that jack returns to the past and kills aku.

• Scenario 1 (Jack and Ashi time travel back to the past but kills Aku like in the original Episode CI but different)
    • Scenario 2 (Ashi will send jack into time portal so she herself will prevent Aku from Stopping Jack from killing his past self)

• Scenario 1 (Jack and Ashi time travel back to the past but kills Aku like in the original Episode CI but different)

It will be similar to the climax in Episode CI so here goes after Ashi saves Jack from Aku's attack ,he tells him that she must have had Aku's powers so she created a time portal and then they teleported back to the past so that Jack will finally kill Aku after he sent his past self to the future just like in the Original Episode CI and after Jack finally kills Aku and says the line 'It is done' Ashi will calmly say 'Yes ,it is' as she begins to disappear which shocks Jack with Mixed emotions as he realise that if he would have stayed in the future he would have killed Aku there and not to erase the good people Jack known including Ashi from ever being erased but Ashi calms Jack down as she tells her that 'We all make mistakes but we sometimes did the right choice' as she tells Jack that he did good and before Ashi disappears from existence she gives her last words to jack to never forget the good people that Jack encountered and their Sacrifice including her and after Ashi fades away from existence Jack sadly but acknowledges her last words said 'I understand Ashi and thank you' this scene will be considered sad but heartwarming.

• Scenario 2 (Ashi will send jack into time portal so she herself will prevent Aku from Stopping Jack from killing his past self)

After Ashi saves Jack from Aku's attack she tells him she has Aku's powers so she created a time portal but she tells Jack to get in but Jack is worried he doesn't want his allies hurt like he did in Jack and the Monks but Ashi convince him to focus on his goal by undoing Aku's rule and tell him to never forget his allies and their sacrifice for Jack's goal and with that Jack sadly understood Ashi's advice so he went into the portal and return to the past at the exact moment Aku sent his past self to the future and then we see two scenes back to back where Jack after returning to the past is finishing his battle against Aku while Ashi in the future fights 'her father' to prevent him from saving his past self. We see Jack slashing Aku in the past while Aku is easily beating Ashi for creating a portal to send jack to the past ,As Aku is about to kill Ashi as she is completely injured ,Jack in the past finally kills Aku and destroy the tower just like the original Episode CI and then a white like beam appears out of the portal Ashi created as it begins to spread around the area which is to show that with Aku killed in the past the bad future will likely be erased as we see Jack's allies the surviving ones look at the white beam confused as it spreads around them and disappear Aku who witness this is frightened that with Jack killed his past self he and his reign will be erased as he scream a big 'NO' disappearing from existence and then we see the last shot of Ashi with a smile on her face letting the beam of white light touch her so that she too will be erased from existence as she is satisfied that Jack killed Aku, saved the world and prevents Aku's reign of terror from ever existed as her last words are 'Thank you, Jack' and then we see Jack in the past outside Aku's destroyed lair as he gives a moment of silent to his Allies from the erased future including Ashi and said 'Goodbye my friends'.

After one of the two scenarios we see jack travelling on his horse where his father (in the form of his old slave self from episode XCII not the premire movie) and his people appear in front of him waiting for his arrival after the death of Aku , Jack's father said 'My son' as he hugs him for accomplishing the impossible goal,Jack smiled as he hugs his father back which is considered a heartwarming moment however Jack's smile slowly turns frown as inside he feels sad because he thinks about his allies from the future including Ashi.Then the scene slowly fades to some years later where Jack now older with a gotti (Maybe 38 years old) still looking sad and then it is revealed that Jack has become the emperor and has married the girl from Jack Remembers the Past but as an adult and now raise a daughter however Jack is still sad about his allies including Ashi who sacrifice themselves for him to kill Aku as shown when he is sitting on the stairs on his castle once every year on the day he killed Aku as his guard asks if he would like to interfere but Jack calmly tells him to leave him in peace.

Then Jack's daughter who looks like Ashi when she was young but with her redeemed hairstyle and is named after her ask her mother who also looks at Jack 'Why her father looks so sad?' ,Her mother tells her that Jack does like this every once in year on the day he killed Aku when he thinks about 'a strange world' ,Ashi tells her mother,If he would let him tell her father,Her mother isn't sure but she allows her to talk to Jack. Ashi then tells jack her father about why he feels sad,Jack who is little surprised by young Ashi's appearance tells her that he was thinking about the good people he encountered including 'a woman' who gave up their lives to help him kill Aku and prevent his goal of world conquest.His daughter then asks her father if he would once again tell her the story of his battle with Aku and the 'strange world' to cheer him up.Jack listening to his young daughter's advice chuckles and then he allows her to sit beside him on the stairs as he tells her the story which will begin like this “ Long ago in a distant land, Aku, the shapeshifting wizard of darkness ravage our homeland…” and thus end the series in a full circle as it begins with Jack’s father telling his story to him when he was young.

and that's how I can make the samurai Jack finale much better,What do you think?

#1 thomas2313412, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Fixing the finale is really simple--completely rewrite Episode XCIX.

Really, that episode pretty much ruined the remaining three episodes of the season. It was filler at a time where there were too many plot elements left to wrap up, leaving the final two episodes being completely rushed. If they had focused more on resolving plot details instead of fighting a pointless space monster, the finale would have felt better paced.

This could have been the episode where Jack finally met with the Scotsman's army. Rather than barely giving anyone a chance to breathe in the final episode, this could have been a time for bonding and reminiscing, then the rest of the series would flow more evenly instead of "Oh hey, these are my daughters. Well, bye!"

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

There are many ways to improve things, but in reality this isn't broken no need of fixing it, if not that you can never please everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Member

Actually this episode helps to grow the relationship between Jack and Ashi as it will be useful for the drama in Episode C and CI and it also can be used when the Scotsman wants jack to let him marry one of his daughters you know the funny moment in the finale.

I guess you're right.

5. Fawfulmark2

Fawfulmark2 New Member

Main thing I feel was missing in the finale was an epilogue showing the Aku-less future.

beyond that I was fine with what was given, though I agree with everyone else it would have flowed better if the finale was longer, kinda like what A:TLA had when given an extra ep in the end of Book 3.