How do I improve on this comic book idea?

Discussion in 'Story Board Workshops' started by Mavericker, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Mavericker

Mavericker Active Member

Streetfighting cats & dogs who fight crime-it's a multicultural comic-it's Catillac Cats meets Street Fighter. They meet with other groups of streetfighting cats & dogs around their town, the country and the world and become allies and help in their fight against evil and become part of their group, & fight evil streetfighting cats and dogs.
    The heroes will sometimes become superheroes & the villians supervillians.
    Typical things that happen-they find a valubale mineral reseve under the town-the military gets involved and the bad guys want to get their hands on the mineral.
    The heroes work on some new defense tech and the villians go and spy on them.
    The villians plot to find ways to get rid of the heroes.
    The heroes meet with pals/relatives and it's a chance to stop local baddies in those areas.
    The main character decides to fight crime 'cause his dad was a cop.
    His sidekick is more brains than brawn and they both have a scientific prodigy friend they go to for tech help.

Also:

I have a doppelganger/clone that was was created from the hero as a result of some scientific experiment and he turned out to be evil, and he was just created, either intentionally or by accident. What would his first PUBLIC act of violence or evil be? Initially and logically he'd do something to hurt the hero before going out in public. The clone is the arch-villain in the series and he vies to eventually get back at the hero and destroy him and his friends- he wants to get rid of all the heroes and take over the town and eventually the world and make it a safe haven for him and other baddies. He also eventually starts a gang to help him.
    The best I could do for his first evil PUBLIC act of violence or evil was terrorize and torture a group of scouts and steal their Swiss knives. I wanted it to be something heinous-he's sort of on a journey of self-discovery to find out how bad he can be.
    I thought of making him steal money but he'd have to have a reason for doing that and he'd have to discover the value of money.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to improve on this, or suggestions for better ideas that would work? Please let me know.
    Other people suggested:
    The evil clone should either witness a public local appearance of some celeb, steal someone's tickets out of curiousity and attack the celeb, or witness a local robbery, assist the robbers and assault the hostages and make sure it's all caught on tape.
    In either scenario he'd get notoriety points.

2. Mavericker

Mavericker Active Member

Any suggestions? A number of people thought this idea was stupid or said it was bad.

I tell them it's a KIDS comic.

3. thedanmachine

thedanmachine gomu gomu no custom title

First of all rewrite your premise so that it is clear and concise. Organize all the ideas you have about what you are going to write and map them out. Add structure to these ideas. When you like what you see, begin to create a story.

4. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

It's pretty convoluted. All the clones and dopplegangers and stuff would probably confuse kids.

5. Mavericker

Mavericker Active Member

Okay-what should I do about the arch villain?

What should his first public act of evil be?

The main hero decides to become a crimebuster 'cause his dad is a cop.
    His best friend is his sidekick-they became friends when he saved the hero from a beat-down.

They realize their hometown's in shambles and they take it on themselves to fight evil.

I didn't say there was going to be a bunch of clones-there's one main one and he's the archvillain.

The archvillain can either attack a celebrity who makes a public appearance or assist some crooks with a robbery to get the hero's attention. What else can I do?

#5 Mavericker, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  6. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

I changed my mind, this sounds pretty interesting. Tell me more.

7. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

I'll talk about your villain first, since villains interest me. My first question is how down-to-earth do you want this series to be? Do you see your heroes facing of against mostly mundane rogues like mobsters or crooked politicians, or more fantastical foes like alien invaders and mad scientists, or maybe all of the above?

If you want keep things mostly down-to-earth then you might want to rethink making your main bad guy an evil clone, maybe make him a long lost twin brother or something instead. If an the other hand, you plan on making fantastic elements a regular part of your series then it shouldn't be a problem.

Couple of more things I wanted to say but I'm pressed for time, TTFN.

8. TheTerror

TheTerror Active Member

The plot & premise are different and kind of cool but need reworking to be more understandable to a mass audience.

9. .bg

.bg Active Member

I miss Mavericker. :(
    By the way, TheTerror, you're 0-3 right now. You post too much, you made a thread for your site, and now you've just bumped a really old thread.

10. TheTerror

TheTerror Active Member

.BG why dont you mind your own business and quit commenting on every little thing that bothers you, quite frankly nobody cares. If you want to police the forums so bad why don't you beg to become a moderator, but until you are a mod mind your own, son.

11. Loki

Loki Member

base it off the mask comic book i like it a lot how about you its my favorite comic book and my favorite movie and my favorite tv series though the movie sequal is total crap and i snapped my copy i got right in front of my parents for christmas and spit on their faces and screamed at the top of my lungs until they gave me my pills and then i felt sleepy and woke up in uncle jebs bedroom for some strange reason and my butt hurt

12. .bg

.bg Active Member

Ironically, you seem to enjoy complaining about every single one of my posts. I'd love to be a mod and help the forum, but I'll never be made one.

13. TheTerror

TheTerror Active Member

Well, Im going to call for a truce between us because we do share a lot of the same views, I wont bother you if you dont bother me and we can coexist and maybe better the forum?

14. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

Yeah, cause writing something for kids makes it immune to being bad.

Never underestimate your audience.