How did flash get his powers

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by Thundercleese, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Thundercleese

Thundercleese .......holders

i know im the only one who dosen't know this, so please help me

2. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

The current Flash (Wally West) got his powers by accident. At the time, Wally was young. He was talking with the current Flash at the time (Barry Allen) about he wanted to be just like him, when lighting hit the area, and chemicals fell on Wally. It was exactly how Barry got his powers also. So, it was by a stroke of luck that made Wally what he is today. Hope that helps a bit.

3. Which Flash's origin to do want? There are several dozen you know. I could tell you them all.

4. Thundercleese

Thundercleese .......holders

name them all kent

5. Fine. Let's get crazy! :D

FLASH I — JAY GARRICK
    Jay Garrick was just a student in Midwestern University in 1938, working in the chemistry lab late at night on some experiments concerning 'hard water.' After many hours, he decided to take a break from the work and have a cigarette. He spilled the hard water on other chemicals and the fumes knocked him out.

He was found the following morning, rushed to a hospital and was in a coma for weeks. Garrick was released and found he had super-speed. Formerly dubbed 'Lead-Foot' on his college football team, he used his powers to win an important game for his team and won the respect of everyone, and Joan Williams, the girl he had a crush on. He decided to become a costumed crimefighter, having read about some others in the news, and the rest is history.

FLASH II — BARRY ALLEN
    Barry Allen was late for everything. He was the slowest man ever to live, which annoyed his boss and his girlfriend Iris to no end.

One night, he was working late at the lab when lightning struck a shelf of chemicals, bathing him in them. He got up and, resolving to clean the mess in the morning, left.

To his frustration, he'd just missed a taxi and began to chase after it. He quickly ran much farther past the car, baffled by how he outran a moving car. He went to a diner and witnessed a waitress dropping a tray of food... in slow motion. Slow motion to Barry anyway. He'd become so fast that things started appearing in slow motion to him. He soon realized his gift and, inspired by the adventures of Jay Garrick, became the second Flash.

FLASH III — Wally West
    Wally West, the nephew of Barry Allen's girlfriend, was the President of Blue Valley Flash Fan Club. He hated his parents and living in Blue Valley. One summer, his aunt Iris offered to take him to Central City and hang out with her. He loved his Aunt Iris, and went along.

There, Barry Allen offered Wally a chance to meet the Flash. Barry brought Wally to his office and quickly changed into the Flash costume. He showed Wally how he got his powers, to which Wally expressed how much he wished he could have powers too. "Lightning never strikes in the same place twice, kid," Barry said.

But it did. The exact accident that gave Barry his powers made Wally West a superhero: Kid Flash!

And that's how it was for years. Barry and Wally sharing everything and being best friends. Wally idolized his "Uncle" Barry, and when Barry was killed during The Crisis, Wally was cured of a disease that prevented him from using speed. Taking up Barry's costume and moniker, Wally West became the Flash in honor of his father figure.

Note: The identity of the Dark Flash is a secret that kept the story moving during Flash 150 - 159. If you want to know the secret, read ahead. If you're planning on reading the issues in question anytime soon, THIS CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS. Proceed with caution.
    THE "DARK FLASH"

THE FLASH IV — IRIS WEST
    The excellent Kingdom Come series by Mark Waid and Alex Ross introduced a nameless younger Flash in a costume strikingly similar to that of Wally's "Kid Flash" uniform.

The Kingdom's issue "Kid Flash" shows a possible future in which Wally had two kids; Barry, a lazy good for nothing loser that Wally wants to make the next Flash, and Iris, a girl eager to please her emotionally distant father and anxious to take over the role of Flash. We are to assume that his children got their powers genetically as no mention is ever made of lab accidents giving them their superspeed.

Listen, there are origins of hundreds of other speedsters and a handful of other "Flashes" to deal with. I'm tired of typing.

If you're not satisfied, I'll come back tomorrow ;)

6. The Green Hornet

The Green Hornet New Member

clark

you are quite right in calling KC "excellent"

7. If you liked Kingdom Come, Hornet, you will surely love James Robinson's THE GOLDEN AGE

8. The Green Hornet

The Green Hornet New Member

havent heard of it

honestly Kingdom Come is what got me back into comics after a 4 year or so hiatus