1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

How could Tiny Toons and Animaniacs be rebooted into a new show?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

And I still don't think that would be a good idea, for reasons I've already stated on page 1.

You're asking the wrong person. That was Brandt and Cervone's reasoning. In any event, that was the reason that The Looney Tunes Show wasn't all anvils and dynamite. It wasn't because BS&P said it was a no-no.

#41 Silverstar, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  2. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

With TTA being kidification of the Looney Tunes characters, was Animaniacs a new batch of Warner Bros. created cartoon stars?

3. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Oh come on don't think of TTA like that

4. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

But that's actually what they are. Why do you take so much offense at that?

5. Silverstar

Seriously, I don't get why some people are getting so upset over Tiny Toon Adventures being called a kiddification. It WAS a kiddification. Just like Muppet Babies, Flintstone Kids, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo and James Bond, Jr. were kiddifications. It was a very funny and well-written kiddification, arguably the best of the bunch, but make no mistake: TTA was a "lets' de-age popular and established characters into kids for youth appeal" show. TTA was a kiddification. It was basically Looney Teens. That's precisely what its' creators intended it to be.

6. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I agree. Kiddification isn't necessarily a bad thing, there a lot of really enjoyable kiddification cartoons.

7. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

I think they may nit be taking it litteral enough, lol

8. Oldiesfreak1854

Oh man, I would love to see that! It would be cool to see a show where the Tiny Toons and Animanias characters lived together, in my opinion.

9. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I think the reason brickrrb2 objects to TTA being classified as a "kiddification" is because that subgenre generally has negative connotations attached to it, because the majority of them have been, to put charitably, not too good. Thankfully, TTA is one of the exceptions, and I think this is largely because they didn't just de-age the classic characters, but made new characters who were similar but not carbon copies. And they occasionally got advice from the actual cartoon greats, so there was a certain "respect" to the source material.

10. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

thank you

11. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

It would be cool to see these characters again, but considering how poorly WB have handled The Looney Tunes in their latest show, maybe it's for the best for TTA and A! to be left alone.

12. Pc-Famicom64

Pc-Famicom64 Active Member

Thats why you let TMS handle it, all Warners & Amblin need to do is give TMS a large amount of cash for it and green lit it and were home free.

13. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

TMS was only one of several animation studios on the original Tiny Toons. They didn't write the stories or design the characters or any of that. And they wouldn't do it if there was a new series, either.

14. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

And did Warner Bros. once put 2 and 2 together back in 1998-1999 with Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain using Elmyra from Tiny Toons and the Animaniacs spin off duo of Pinky and the Brain?

15. Silverstar

Yes, they did.

And the less said about that, the better.

16. THGhost

THGhost Member

Simply wouldn't work without Spielberg, the original cast members, writers (including my favourite; Sheri Stoner) or animators. The chance of all those people joining forces again unfortunately is very unlikely. So no, the concept of a TTA/A! reboot just would not work.

17. Pc-Famicom64

And thats why TMS must be intact, when TMS seen what happen they demand a closer watch over their IPs (which of course most of them are own by other companies like Shogakukan and of course, Warner Bros), TMS is still doing this as of today, especially with LupinIII.

I will hate to see some one like Toei (Powerpuff Girls Z) or Madhouse (Seasons 1 & 2 of Stitch!) tamper with TMS' masterpiece, sure there was Tensai Bakabon (TMS to Pierrot when it went to series 2 to 3, yet there was a huge year gap in there) and Space Adventure Cobra (TMS to Magic Bus, one of TMS' subcontractors, yet again huge year gap between the movie/series and OVAs/2th series) but from what I have read, said reboots were good (I have not seen them mind you) and what Toei & Madhouse did with said western IPs were not as lucky (again from what I have read, I have not seen them).

Seeing a Tiny Toons and/or Animaniacs reboot done by someone like A1 Pictures is just like seeing Anpanman done by Studio Shaft or Detective Conan done by JC Staff, you just don't do that.

TMS was different, with wighting, there were times when TMS will change the scripts and Warners were have to have the VAs redo their lines to match up to TMS' demands (like with Green Lanturn First Flight, when Warners wanted a light hearted cop drama, TMS changed to into a water down version of Space Adventure Cobra, and if you ever watched Cobra, you know what I'm talking about) & TMS did designs for secondary (Ralph The Guard in Hollywood Plucky (before Warners made him stupider and made him a main character on Animaniacs), created/design by Kenji Hachizaki & Mr. Director, created/design by Toshihiko Masuda) and background characters all the time, and with Toei rebooting Sailor Moon, TMS needs to do the same with a Tiny Toons and/or Animaniacs reboot.

#57 Pc-Famicom64, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  18. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Even if they brought this show back they wouldn't use TMS. Those days are long over.

19. Pc-Famicom64

May I repeat.

Seeing a Tiny Toons and/or Animaniacs reboot done by someone like A1 Pictures is just like seeing Anpanman done by Studio Shaft or Detective Conan done by JC Staff, you just don't do that.

If TMS can do Green Lantern First Flight, Justice League Doom & Superman Vs The Elite, this will be no issue, plus Toei is rebooting Sailor Moon, TMS needs to do the same with Tiny Toons & Animaniacs.

20. Silverstar

TMS couldn't reboot TTA or A! even if they wanted to, because they have no creative control over those properties. TMS just did the animation for some of the segments. They didn't write the shows, create or design any of the characters, etc. TMS relaunching TTA or A! (or TTA and A!) is about as likely to happen as Warner Bros. and Disney merging together to form one giant mega-studio thus putting Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, DC and Marvel all under one umbrella, which is to say very unlikely.

And Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain didn't fail because it wasn't animated by TMS; it failed because it was a bad concept and it wasn't funny.