1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

How could Tiny Toons and Animaniacs be rebooted into a new show?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Apr 21, 2013.

1. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Imagine this: Supposed Warner Bros. gave a green light to reboot it's 2 1990's Steven Spielberg joint ventures Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs into 1 cartoon series: How do you think this would work out without Mr. Spielberg's help?

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

This question has popped up a few times before, and TBH, I don't think such an idea would work no matter who was in charge of it. Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs were both great shows, but they don't belong together. Both shows have large casts, and each show had a hard time trying to balance ample screen time between their own individual casts, so trying to squeeze all of those characters together into a single program would be a convoluted mess. The respective worlds of TTA and A! were vastly different from one another and each show had their own sets of rules. (A! contained numerous separate continuities within its' own show.) I only have to think back to Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain to see why such an idea should be avoided. I could possibly see some channel airing the various segments from both shows together under an umbrella title a la The Big Cartoonie Show, but I just don't think a full-blown TTA/A! synergy series would click outside of guest spots, Easter eggs and cameos.

#2 Silverstar, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
  3. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

Well, if only I could, I'd create such a series anyway no matter what. Despite what Silverstar has said, I still believe a show consisting of both Tiny Toons and Animaniacs would work and I have just the right concept to make it work. And it would still be a variety sketch show. Also to underline my confidence about that idea, I'd also add Freakazoid! there.

However, I don't think it will be possible without Spielberg's association and I'll give you 2 reasons for that:
    1) He's the guy who has let people do their stuff and given the heart to those shows.
    2 and more important) He's the co-owner of those shows. Both him and WB hold the rights to the characters, so we can't make the show without asking him first.

4. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Unless it had the original cast crew Animators and all the other things that made it the gold they were not a Good idea. Remember what they did with the looney tunes show

5. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

It wouldn't work, it couldn't work and it shouldn't be done. Both series need to rest in piece and not be tainted by terrible revivals. There's no way both shows could be brought back at even a fraction on their old quality.

Let. It. Go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

Well, that's YOUR opinion.

7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

And it's far more realistic than expecting that these shows will EVER come back and even be a tenth as good as they were 20 years ago.

8. Silverstar

I didn't think The Looney Tunes Show was that bad, myself. Flawed, yes, but not the abomination some fans want to make it out to be. But yeah, rustling up all the original casts and crews of TTA and A! would be a fairly tall order, since so much time has passed and many of them have since moved on to other projects and studios, and bringing either show back (or both shows or a some combination thereof) with new people wouldn't be a good idea either. Nostalgic fans would automatically hate on that just because it was new and different and not done by the original team (not unlike the reaction of some fans to The Looney Tunes Show, ironically), since there's no way they could recreate that same magic 2 decades later.

I'm all for new WBA projects, but I'd personally rather get new shows with the same level of artistic quality and creativity as the Silver Age shows rather than someone attempting to revive the Silver Age shows themselves.

#8 Silverstar, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
  9. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

I forgot to mention in my idea that I'd bring back as many people from the old crew as possible. That's why I'm making friends with as many of them as possible on Facebook. You've gotta make friends to get anywhere in business these days, y'know.

10. Silverstar

Personally, I'd much rather get a new Looney Tunes series than a Tiny Toons and/or Animaniacs revival. That would be less problematic to pull off and it wouldn't require Steven Spielberg's approval.

11. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

I can already think of a good one for that too.

12. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

What is it?

13. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

A comedy show starring Wile E. Coyote and Sylvester. Every half-hour would tradionally consist of two 11-minute cartoons showcasing Wile E. and Sylvester in comedic situations a la classic Daffy & Porky cartoons. Imagine, Wile E. Coyote as a western-type hero or Sherlock Holmes. Now THAT'S something I'd like to see on TV. Of course, they'd still be chasing Tweety and Road Runner, don't you worry about that.

14. Pc-Famicom64

Pc-Famicom64 Active Member

Any nay sayers here are nuts, Tiny Toons & Animaniacs need to come back because of Toei's Sailor Moon reboot, TMS needs something to combat it and said reboot(s) will work, lets do this when TMS still has most of it's original staff (like Toshihiko Masuda & Kenji Hachizaki), and with a see full of moe blobs, this will stop it.

Please, for the love of TMS, please let them reboot it or them, Spielberg is not the problem, in fact he is nowhere near it, if Toei can reboot Sailor Moon, TMS can do the same with Tiny Toons and/or Animaniacs, plus it will be a excellent addition to Daisuki if new episodes are ever made.

#14 Pc-Famicom64, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  15. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Even if they got the entire original TMS crew to work on a revival, it wouldn't work. TMS merely did animation work under the direction of the staff at WBTA, so there's no way they could carry the show on their own.

16. Pc-Famicom64

Pc-Famicom64 Active Member

Don't be too sure about that, TMS has done big changes from what they get from Warner Bros, case in put First Flight, when Warners was making First Flight they wanted it to be a light hearted cop drama, but when they give it to TMS, TMS changed it to a water down version of Space Adventure Cobra, thats the type of input TMS has with Warner Bros, TMS can do this on their own as long as the show has a Simpsons size budget (5 to 8 million dollars per episode) as the music is not a problem (the late Richard Stone will be replaced by Hiroshi Kawaguchi and/or the like).

17. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

It still wouldn't work. I admire and respect TMS's work in several fronts, but what really made TTA and A! was WBTA's staff of writers and artists, not to mention the voice actors. The show wouldn't be the same without them. In fact, I'd say the shows have a better chance of working with the original WBTA staff but without TMS, than the other way around. Not that I expect any of those to actually happen.

I would love to see one of the people who worked on the show chime into this thread to actually put things into a better perspective.

18. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

Well, it just so happens that not a long time ago I asked Tom Ruegger what would it take to actually revive those characters. According to him "the zeitgeist (spirit of the age or spirit of the time - in other words, the current generation) would need to demand it, and Steven and Warner Bros and [Tom] would need to come to some sort of arrangement".

19. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Of course the grand question is do we WANT it returned in this day and age or remember as is?

20. Silverstar

Sorry, but that's not an indication of anything. Mr. Ruegger basically said what we already knew: that there would need to be a substantial demand for such a project and WB and Amblin would have to come to some sort of consensus in order for said project to be greenlit. That doesn't mean that a TTA/A! revival stands a chance of actually happening nor that it would be a success if someone actually tried it.

Put me down for "remember these shows as they were, leave them in the era in which they thrived and move on to new things".