1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

How Come Jeff Bergman Hasn't Done Voice Work On Scooby Doo

Discussion in 'The Voice Actors Appreciation Society' started by SweetShop209, Mar 18, 2017.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

The title speaks for itself. Jeff Bergman is one of the most prolific voice actors out there, yet he's never been on Scooby Doo, which I find a bit surprising. There are some voice actors like Mick Wingert and Sumalee Montano who have never been on Scooby Doo, but it's a bit noticeable with Jeff Bergman due to his extensive voice work on Looney Tunes, The Jetsons, and The Flintstones, all from Warner Brothers like Scooby. Plus, many of the actors on those shows like Billy West, Tress MacNeille, Eric Bauza, and especially Grey DeLisle Griffin are all on Scooby one way or another. With this in mind, why do you think Jeff Bergman hasn't done voice work on Scooby Doo?

2. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

The last time Tress MacNeille worked on anything Scooby-Doo -related was the "Witch's Ghost" movie, where she voiced the ghost of Sarah Ravencroft (and did a great job at it, too.) Ever since Sander Schwartz took over WBA, they've mostly had Tara Strong and Grey DeLisle-Griffin as their go-to voice actresses (which is why I think Grey will probably take over Granny of "Looney Tunes" in the future). Only times they've used Tress was on "Duck Dodgers," those 2003 Looney Tunes shorts, and "The Flintstones: WWE Stone-Age Smackdown" and "The Jetsons: Robo-Wrestlemania."

3. SweetShop209

This thread is about Jeff Bergman, not Tress MacNeille.

4. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

My mistake. But I guess Warner Bros. is just limited Jeff Bergman to Looney Tunes, the Flintstones and the Jetsons. Jeff almost NEVER does incidental or new character voices, IIRC; he only voices classic cartoon characters. He doesn't do any voice work for the Tom and Jerry stuff either, and I don't know if he'll be taking over Droopy or whoever else the late Joe Alaskey voiced in that franchise (chances are, Droopy will probably go to J.P. Karliak or another one of the new voice actors WB has been hiring lately.)

5. SweetShop209

Actually, Jeff Bergman voiced Droopy in the 2010 Tom And Jerry/Sherlock Holmes DVD movie. Consudering Joe Alaskey is dead, either he, JP Karliak, or someone else will voice him.

Plus, in terms of Warner Brothers, Jeff did voice The Joker in Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusafers and voiced some characters on Mike Tyson Mysteries (though that's probably a few key Looney Tunes Show members are there), which makes if all the more confusing that he hasn't done voice work on Scooby.