1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotel Transylvania: The Series Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by ToonJay723, Jun 20, 2016.

1. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

StitchKingdom and The Hollywood Reporter are both reporting that a Hotel Transylvania series is being made, and that it will air on Disney Channels in the U.S. and internationally.

I liked the first two films, so I'm interested, but the fact that Nelvana is also involved has me worried.

UPDATE: The show will air on Disney Channel June 25th.

#1 ToonJay723, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Why Disney Channel? It just seems so out of place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

so is they having a show?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

4. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Not necessarily Disney Channel, Disney Channels Worldwide includes, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Disney Cinemagic, Dlife, and Hungama TV.

I think in the US, it will most likely air on Disney XD.

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, there are quite a few animated series based on movies coming out next year. I haven't seen either movies yet, but I might for the fun of it and to watch this series. It will most likely air on Disney XD rather than Disney Channel proper in the U.S. though.

6. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I thought that Hotel Transylvania would always have fitted as something Disney would take interest, and to think its a movie getting a cartoon that is not one of Disney's movies.

7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

It's probably better as a TV series than just another sequel anyway. All the same, I'm really into this idea. Though I'm curious, since Nelvana's on board, does this mean they'll be using Canadian based voice actors instead of the LA roster, or is Nelvana merely distributing it like they did with Chalkzone or Danny Phantom?

8. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It's airing on Disney Channel and not Disney XD? When would it air then? Disney's non preschool cartoons always go to Disney XD. In other news, I'm excited for the show. I wonder who the voice cast is.

9. blak89

blak89 Member

The movie (only saw the first for now) was... cute, but nothing really amazing.

I guess the entire premise would indeed work better as an animated comedy series.

10. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Unless the writing is a massive step up from those crappy movies, I don't see this doing well at all, honestly. That'll require finding writers who actually know about comedy to begin with, too...

11. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

That makes more sense. When they said "Disney Channels" I thought they meant literal Disney Channels.

12. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I haven't seen Hotel Transylvania yet, but is it really that bad? It's from Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan and the good seasons of Dexter's Laboratory...

I won't believe Hotel Transylvania is a crappy movie until I've seen it with my own eyes!

#12 Red Arrow :D, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  13. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Yes. Please form your own opinion, just like I have mine.

14. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

The movies are pretty good, if a bit flawed, and the general consensus thinks so too. It's certainly a major step up from Adam Sandler's other films.

Back to this show, it'll be interesting to see who will play what character considering the original films had A List actors.

15. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Nah, they're totally worth seeing if you're a fan of Genndy's work. They're nothing revolutionary or anything on par with the latest Disney films, but they're serviceable and quite fun.

16. Sonicx399

Sonicx399 Wannabe animator

Hotel Transylvania 1&2 are definitely one of the best modern animated films from the 2010s.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I liked the first one. But the second one had too much PC, the villain/s showed up way late, and Mavis should've been called out for the fact that she's turned out even more overprotective than her own father when comes to raising a child.

18. ZeroKelvin

ZeroKelvin One poppin' pariffero

Weird how Drac's not going to be in the show in a way (probably will appear at some point, I guess), and from the description (and no mention of Johnny) it sounds like it takes place before the events of the first movie. I wonder if they're gonna go with CGI (which, on a TV budget, obviously won't look as good as the movies) or the traditional route (which, if they do, hope it looks like the end credits animations from both movies). In my opinion, this at least sounds like a better premise than the Cloudy w/Meatballs TV series.

19. New Looney Tunes

Here are some images:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

*GASP* It's gonna be Hand-Drawn... or Flash, that's a possibility. God, Mavis looks cute!