1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey look, Timbox got mentioned on Something Awful!

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by veemonjosh, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

You actually, seriously think he could actually get actors for this project?

2. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

Of course he could. I'd fly all the way to Maryland to play a T-Rex in Dexter's Odyssey.

3. Draft

Draft Active Member

HOW DARE YOU BASH TIMMY!!!

Tim Box can get anyone to act for his work. For example, J'onn J'onzz wants to be in the film and Tim Box hasn't even asked! I'm sure evryone would line up into be in a movie this epic! It could be the next Golden Compass! I personally would like to produce and write the script with Tim Box's permission, but Mr.Box has not contacted me yet.

4. timbox129

timbox129 Member

Well, I have a recent article I've made at Retro Junk. It is called Traditional to Digital. See it here:

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/2600/

It's on the history and evolution of VFX and Movie technology and how it changes and evolves over the past century. Enjoy the article.

5. J'onn J'onzz

I was all set to comment on how different this is for you until I noticed "Intolerance" and some dinosaur movies on the article.

"Also in The Two Towers (2002), AI-driven agents were first used to create the digital army scene by using MASSIVE, a crowd simulation animation software program developed by Weta Digital, the digital arm of one of my favorite VFX companies, Weta Workshop. Man, I want to use that software for my dinosaur movie." is my favorite part.

Edit: Hell, all the Lord of the Rings stuff is pretty hilarious:

"In the Return of the King (2003), The Rohan soldiers fights and has run ins with these giant elephants called...MUMAKIL!!!! You know like, Mumak!!! Mumak!!! Mumak!!! Mumak!!! Mumak!!!"

Edit 2: Haha, he used the phrase "threw down the gauntlet" five times. And he went on his "most awesome, most spectacular, most ambitious, most groundbreaking, most ultimate and most influential" rant six times. He told us to "GO AHEAD! SEE IT!!!" three times. And he used "That's Right", get this, 12 times. As much as I love you, timbox, you really need more varied word choice.

Edit 3: Oh man, this article has the best ending ever.

[​IMG]

"This is A made up picture featuring me, that is Timothy Robert "Tim Box" McKenzie, and 3 characters from the 1995 Don Bluth film, The Pebble and the Penguin, Hubie, Marina and Rocko (three of which that I thought to be my made up supporting parents of the McKenzie Family, and babysitters, bodyguards, and consciences of me and my brothers, Billy Stuart McKenzie and Scott Martin McKenzie.) They would have raise me for my parents ever since me, Billy and Scott were born, and one of them (Marina, Hubie's girlfriend), could have been my maid conscience and teacher, especially, from Preschool to High School and could have save me from being Raptor Lunch (I'm talkin' about the Raptors from Jurassic Park) by turning herself into a T-Rex (Tyrannosaurus Rex, perhaps) and battles the raptors, especially when I got lost in the woods when I was little with Marina, the Police and my Dad, Doug McKenzie, comin' after me. Yep. Those 3 Penguins, My family and I are one happy family.

Ain't that hilarious?!! Sorry for the length of the article and sorry for the flow of the article, and I'm totally sorry for the things that are not retro yet. I should have gotten to split my article into a series of articles but I don't time for that! Sorry, Guys!!! So, anyway, As the movie making and VFX industries are changing, so do the whole world. Check out VFX and Animated movies past, present and future, and remember...The Whole Wide World is changing, so do the movies and special effects technologies. Thank You so Very Much!

THE END"

Seriously, beat that, Citizen Kane.

#105 J'onn J'onzz, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  6. An Eskimo

An Eskimo Member

Really?

7. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

so many epic movies I think my head my explode

"The Mummy (1999) had the most totally realistic digital human character ever seen in film, with totally computer-generated layers of muscles, sinew and tissue in the form of Imohtep."

I hate to say it but I didn't think he looked all that realistic :/
    Guess its just an opinion..

8. Dynamite XI

Dynamite XI Whoa, where have I been?

I'm mildly surprised he didn't include Donnie Darko in that long list of movies.

But other than that, it was actually a pretty well-researched article. Lengthy, yes, but well-researched.

9. timbox129

timbox129 Member

Um, Guys, I just drew Sharptooth from Land Before Time but this is different from Land Before Time's Sharptooth.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10072627@N04/2204217832/

Here is my description:

Enjoy.

10. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Ok Tim, I'm just going to finally go ahead and ask this.

Are you joking? Serious, is all of this shtick? This is just your "character" right, someone who dreams of getting all these big companies and individuals together to make this epic, ginormously expensive dinosaur/Mandark movie? Correct? You don't really believe this is actually feasible, do you?

11. takineko

I don't think its a shtick, that's just too much time and effort.

12. Draft

Draft Active Member

Wow Timmy! That drawing is as good as your handwritting!!!

are you making Dexter's Odyssey yet?

13. takineko

There's something cruelly sarcastic about this whole thread... heh

14. timbox129

timbox129 Member

Well, Here's my opinion on Disney's Dinosaur (2000):

Well, Work on the two new versions of Disney's Dinosaur will begin on September 2010 and will be finished in 2015, especially when Disney's Dinosaur Redux will be released in theatres May 2015 in DLP Digital Cinema and Disney Digital 3D. Disney's Dinosaur Redux and Dinosaurs: The Phil Tippett Cut will recieve a very, very, VERY MILD PG-13 rating for each. And Remember, despite the uproar over the talking dinosaurs and lemurs in Disney's Dinosaur, its script, its inaccuracies, its plot and characters, Disney's Dinosaur is still an important milestone in Visual Effects and Animation history.

15. J'onn J'onzz

I think he's completely and utterly insane and seriously believes that he'll be able to make this thing happen, and he's kind of in an endless childish state where he thinks anything is possible.

And in the meantime we can just laugh at his crazy plans.

16. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey! They laughed at Einstein, but when he invented the hippopotamus, they quit snickering!

17. takineko

Didn't he also invent "the bomb"?

18. Draft

Draft Active Member

Ya, I always though Dinosaur was kinda lame, no offense Timmy

Hey, This takes place before Dexter's Oddyssey. I thought Dexter was your most important project, so work on that one first. I bet over 8,853 theateres would take 10,456 screens of the film and show it!

19. FightingDreamer

FightingDreamer Mutant on the Rise

Your tenacity is impressive, Mr. Timbox...

Man, I'm still reeling from the sheer incoherency of Timbox-speak. Good for a laugh, though. And I remain amazed that this topic has 6 pages.

20. J'onn J'onzz

Why do you stress how mild the rating is? Why not just give it a PG? I honestly don't think your random Disney movie based on Dinosaur will really appeal to teens.

Edit: Aside from the five or so teenagers who are fans of Timbox from Toon Zone... but considering how much money you'll spend on this thing, I don't think they'll save it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.