1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey look, Timbox got mentioned on Something Awful!

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by veemonjosh, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

Timbox makes me wish I knew more about Dexter's Lab.

2. timbox129

timbox129 Member

Well, For those of you who love dinosaurs, I've got 20 questions for you:

1. What is your favorite dinosaur?
    2. What is your favorite larger theropod?
    3. What is your favorite smaller theropod?
    4. What is your favorite Sauropod?
    5. What is your favorite Thyreophoran?
    6. What is your favorite Ornithopod?
    7. What is your favorite Ceratopsian?
    8. What is your favorite Pachycephalosaur?
    9. What is your favorite pterosaur?
    10. What is your favorite dinosaur movie?
    11. What is your favorite dinosaur television program?
    12. What is your favorite Dinosaur book or publication?
    13. What is your favorite dinosaur artist?
    14. In Jurassic Park, What did Dinosaurs Sound Like?
    15. What is your preferred visual effects and animation technique to bring the dinosaurs to life in any media and in the movies?
    16. What is your favorite paleontologist?
    17. What is your favorite era on Dinosaur Paleontology?
    18. What is your favorite period in the Mesozoic Era?
    19. What is your Favorite part in any dinosaur media?
    20. Why Did Jurassic Park, the Dinosaur Renaissance, etc., change everything in paleontology?

And finally, an additional question: In terms of movies or TV shows centered around dinosaurs, which of these provided the most realistic-looking dinosaurs ever concieved for film or TV?

Well, do you have an answer for each?

3. Draft

Draft Active Member

1. Alright, i'm going to give you an extensive and indepth look inside this question and how this issue is linked to the Real Estate Market Crash, The Lead Paint Toys, and the Darfur Crisis. This answer is so top secret, not even the United States Government, The British Parliment, The German Bundestag, The Legislative Yuan of China, The Cortes Generales of Spain, The Federal Assembly of Russia, The Legislative Assembly of Canada, and The Legislative Assembly of Australia do not know. Only the Government of France knows, which the keep this knowledge in a hidden temple under the city of Paris. The United States has currently sent out the FBI, CIA, The Army, The Air Force, The National Guard, The Navy, and The Unit to find the location of this information

2. Giving you his real identidy would rattle the entire world, cauing the launching of thousands of nukes into the air, causing the dissapation of the ozone layer, where only 100 people would be able to surrvive in rockets, causing the death of civilization we know today. The rockets would soon run out of fuel, and they would land on Mars, where they go exporing on the planet for food, and find Marvin the Martian, who they bag and capture and eat.

3. Then the World's knowledge of dinosaurs would radically change, causing the falling of Fidel Castro in Finland, The return of Russia to be a super power, and a terrorist attack on the Sydney Opera House in Australia.

4. What did Mandark do? The contents and details of the life on Mandark are hidden under wraps currently on the 12th level in the Raddison Hotel in Colombus, Ohio in room 1408. To access the book, you first have to destroy the TV in the room until you find a slip of paper with 8 digits. Next, you must find the iron, which you use to burn the middle pillow in the right bed of the room if you asre looking at the beds from the TV. A 64 digit number should appear. You must add this number with the 8 digit number, and divide by the square root of pi minus 64. This number should be entered in the phone in the room. Then open the drawer in the nightstand in the middle of the two beds. Take out the Phone Book and The Lives of Others and How Their Actions Affect Yours by Jean Simmon and the Phone Books. The only remaining book will tell the story of Mandark and what happened before him and after him, which is called The Bible.

5. Mandark wears his cape because his hippie parents burned all of his clothes because they were made of animals, and his cape was the only thing left

6. I am currently looking into this question by stalking your actions and reading your thoughts via 372 cameras located inside your house, car, all your former school and work locations, and your pets. Remember the person who moved in 3 weeks ago? That's me. I spend my days and nights looking at all of your actions. For example..

-You got milk last last time you were at the supermarket.
    -That movie you watched a couple weeks ago was spectacular, but it seemed it ended so quickly.
    -That dinosaur poster you bought is really cool

Alright, before i go any further, I am joking about this question before I get arrested for saying I stalked you. However, everythign else I said is real, real as Mandark

7. Show you a picture of Mandark in his cape? showing you such picture could reveal Mandark's current location, resulting in 9257 SWAT Teams to go to the location and make Mandark reveal where the orb of power is. The orb of power, which you must obviously know, is the orb Also, we would have 5000 bombs go off, causing the death of the continent known as Antarctica.

8. Dexter's Laboratory is not a show. It is a documentary based on his life. Need proof? The creator, Gendy Tartakovsky, was the main historian of Mndark's life, before mysteriosuly dissapearing after 2005, when Clone Wars wrapped up. He has not done any work since, and it is believed he is currently a hostage by a South American government who wants to capture Mandark. Fortunatly, most of his knowledge has been written into the bible, except for all of the questions you have asked and if he preferred tomato soup over rice

I will answer your survey when I talk to my friend, who is a historian in dinosaurs

#83 Draft, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  4. timbox129

timbox129 Member

ToonOverlord, have you gone completely insane over my Mandark questions?!!! Answer them right!!!!

5. Draft

Draft Active Member

Have I gone completely insane? Maybe so. Spending the past month in a2004 Ford Explorer living on freeze dried french fries and expired milk surely hasn't helped.

But i guarentee you, this is all the truth. Don't believe what the Government tells you, because it is all lies. I have spent my entire life finding information on Mandark, unlike you. You know nothing compared to me.

If you want to know the real history of Mandark, please PM me and i'll give you an indepth history on him

6. timbox129

timbox129 Member

Well, For those of you who love dinosaurs, I've got 20 questions for you:

1. What is your favorite dinosaur?
    2. What is your favorite larger theropod?
    3. What is your favorite smaller theropod?
    4. What is your favorite Sauropod?
    6. What is your favorite Ornithopod?
    7. What is your favorite Ceratopsian?
    8. What is your favorite Pachycephalosaur?
    9. What is your favorite pterosaur?
    10. What is your favorite dinosaur movie?
    11. What is your favorite dinosaur television program?
    13. What is your favorite dinosaur artist?
    15. What is your preferred visual effects and animation technique to bring the dinosaurs to life in any media and in the movies?
    16. What is your favorite paleontologist?
    17. What is your favorite era on Dinosaur Paleontology?
    18. What is your favorite period in the Mesozoic Era?
    19. What is your Favorite part in any dinosaur media?
    20. Why Did Jurassic Park, the Dinosaur Renaissance, etc., change everything in paleontology?

And finally, an additional question: In terms of movies or TV shows centered around dinosaurs, which of these provided the most realistic-looking dinosaurs ever concieved for film or TV?

Well, do you have an answer for each?I said, answer these 21 questions on dinosaurs, please.

7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

God this thread is so stupid. But hilarious all the same.

The saddest part is that I'm positive that Timbox is 100% sincere about everything he writes about. It may be (gut-bustingly funny) spam, but I don't doubt for a second that Tim is seriously emotionally invested in this stuff.

Regardless, this is still really stupid.

8. takineko

Yaay dinosaurs!

1. What is your favorite dinosaur? Bracheosaur [sp -.-] probably only because it was my favorite as a child, I like the long necked ones.

2. What is your favorite larger theropod? Herrerasaurus is cool I guess.

3. What is your favorite smaller theropod? Who doesn't love Eoraptor?

4. What is your favorite Sauropod? Brachiosaurus, Look I can spell it!

I dunno, I don't really care for them.

6. What is your favorite Ornithopod? Shantungosaurus, I mean look at that thing...

7. What is your favorite Ceratopsian? just the classic Triceratops

8. What is your favorite Pachycephalosaur? Pachycephalosaurus probably

9. What is your favorite pterosaur? Whichever one was the "Thunder Bird"

10. What is your favorite dinosaur movie? Jurassic park, is there one better? And Prehysteria.

11. What is your favorite dinosaur television program? hmm TV has failed me latley, I liked the Dinosaurs show, NOT THA MAMA

I don't think I have one.

13. What is your favorite dinosaur artist? The guy who drew the Dinotopia illustrations

I believe the Velociraptors sounded like walrus/dolphins, I forget but I think the T-Rex sounded like an ox or something [I can't believe I actually remember that without looking it up, I tend to make a big deal about using other animal sounds in movies. I don't like hearing a big cat when a dinosaur opens his mouth XD]

15. What is your preferred visual effects and animation technique to bring the dinosaurs to life in any media and in the movies? Well in movies I'd prefer CGI, not sure what programs they use. But poorly rendered effects look bad on any CGI animal in a realistic movie. My love for ILM never fades, even though the animators disappoint me from time to time.

16. What is your favorite paleontologist? Don't have one.

17. What is your favorite era on Dinosaur Paleontology? Well I could get into a likely fruitless debate about creationism, but I'll play along. Either Triassic or Jurassic. When did all the ginormous land birds appear? The Cretaceous?

18. What is your favorite period in the Mesozoic Era? ~points to the above~

19. What is your Favorite part in any dinosaur media? I'm not sure what the question means.

20. Why Did Jurassic Park, the Dinosaur Renaissance, etc., change everything in paleontology? ... Utah Raptors?

And finally, an additional question: In terms of movies or TV shows centered around dinosaurs, which of these provided the most realistic-looking dinosaurs ever concieved for film or TV? Jurassic Park of course. After that Lucas was like, finally we can make realistic dinosaurs we can do anything-- On to Star Wars!

9. Lavenderpaw

Lavenderpaw Essense Of Love

Truly,I think he is trapped in his own fantasy world.

10. takineko

I've met he most interesting kind of people there.

11. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

12. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I love this about Timbox. Why does he ask people to justify his own ideas?

The drama is hard to ignore though, especially the hilarity of the thread being locked and unlocked over and over again.

But anyway...what else ya got for us, Tim?

13. takineko

Now that I think about it, I like the pencil art much more than the CGI movie. Is that weird of me? I love traditional stuff..

Must've taken alot of time to get all those images together and then to put them in a slide show. o.o

I have some articles on Retrojunk too. Mostly Animaniacs related.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/1120/
    http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/539/
    http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/538/
    http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/540/
    In my defence they were nearly all written before the dumb thumbs up thumbs down scoring was set in place-- I had a higher score in stars before that.

14. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

How the hell do you have the time to do all this? You write these HUGE movie descriptions, and put together movie length dinosaur slide shows with music... it's just amazing how you have the time to do all this and also quiz us down about everything you say.

edit:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=azNYrIpkrxM
    and
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=0LXyaTs0ulU
    are two of the best videos ever to be put on youtube. I love timbox.

#95 J'onn J'onzz, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  15. takineko

Why isn't Freud around when you need him??????

16. Draft

Draft Active Member

Well, to give you this answer, I would have had to waste my valuable time to figure it out. However, I watched a little bit of Part X.

I thought the Mandark pictures were nice looking, and the music made the pictures more dramatic and helped make the viewing experience better

Hey Timbox, can you start making Dexter's Oddyssey? You can use it as a film to show the executives when you pitxh it (it'd be more convincing than just the trailer). I'd help suggest ideas to you too!

17. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

It would be downright hilarious if Timbox tried to create Dexter's Oddyssey in slideshow form.

18. Draft

Draft Active Member

That'd be only because it would take signifigantly less money to do than shoot the actual movie

Tim, I really think you should act out the movie and get actors to do it

19. takineko

I had trouble following any kind of a plot when I started watching his first video in the list, but I enjoyed the art. I'm weird like that, I actually watched the whole first video. But I didn't want to spend alot of time, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.