Hey is this true or just a trick? About one piece being on toonami

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by ventus20, Mar 12, 2013.

1. ventus20

ventus20 New Member

I just heard a guy on a YouTube say that toonami got one pie e back and that it'll be on toonami again in 2013 so is this true or did the guy just say it just to get likes for his YouTube video? I don't know the dude but I looked to see if it has online name and it said fornever and the video is called one piece is coming to toonami I hope it's true but I just don't wanna give my hopes up for nothing.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

It's true. It was announced at a convention a few days ago. We don't know when it will start or which episode they'll start with, but One Piece will be airing at some point this year on Toonami.

3. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

4. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

5. ventus20

ventus20 New Member

AWESOME if anyone when it starts on toonami will u please message me the date?

6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

This is great. One Piece was the last cartoon I looked forward to watching back before Toonami went off the air.
    I just hope it's not on TOO late at night. Or better yet, they upload the episode's they are on AS's website the next day.

7. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

With a show as big as One Piece, I highly doubt [as] would put it on any later than 1:00 AM.

8. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Freakin' Schweet! I finally have an excuse to start watching that.

They're not gonna pull a Naruto with the theme song and give us "YO HO HO, HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM-GUM," are they?

9. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

So, wait. You NEVER have seen One Piece before? NO part of the story dubbed or otherwise you have seen? I ask because even though I can't tell, I do earnestly wonder how many people who watch Toonami now have never seen some of the shows prior to its current airing on Toonami. Take Naruto for instance. I know someone who she and her niece (who's 11) are watching Naruto for the first time on Toonami. Never even saw it before on it's previous airing several years ago. Same with my cousin who's slightly older than me. Never watched Naruto either.

Unless Funimation does any editing (remember it's the anime companies who do that with the show, not Adult Swim), the opening theme will likely be something like this..

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

The theme song will probably be a shorten version of the Funimation dub openings. They sound pretty good, so hopefully that will be the same even if they have to be cut down for time.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

I saw the first episode, but that's about it. I've seen tons of Naruto though.

When was One Piece ever on Toonami and how far did it get to?

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

The 4Kids dub was on the block for awhile, although I don't know when that started. The Funimation dub started in 2007 until somewhere in 2008, not too long before the original block ended if I recall correctly. They got to the Skypiea arc and technically over a hundred episodes into the series, although the 4Kids dub did skip a couple of arcs in between.

14. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Here's the broadcast history:

4Kids dub premieres on Fox Box - August 2004
    4Kids dub reruns on Toonami - April 2005
    4Kids dub premieres on Toonami (Fox Box dropped it months earlier) - February 2006
    FUNi dub premieres on Toonami - September 2007

15. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

While I hope they would start where Toonami left off or start from a later arc say start with the Davey Black Fight chances are they will start from the first episode like they did with Naruto. Which is a problem given how long both shows are. The best thing they could do is give us both. An hour of One Piece with one starting from the beginning and one starting from a later part of the dub. however I don't see that happening. Thing is I own up to Davey Black on DVD so I really don't have much reason to watch one Piece even though I want this to be a huge success.

16. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

The thing with Naruto starting at episode 1 probably has more to do with not being able to acquire Shippuden, which Disney still holds the airing rights to. I'm sure if Shippuden was in their reach, they would have got it instead of the original series.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

That's true and starting with episode one for Naruto isn't as problematic as starting from the beginning for One Piece. It will only take them a few years to go through Naruto, assuming that they'll skip the filler episodes and be able to get Shippuden by that point, while One Piece is still running and has a ton of episodes. Starting either where Toonami left off or some place that's good for casual/new fans to jump in would probably be better than starting at episode one just because we can get to new material sooner rather than years later.

18. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

With how long they haven't played the series, I just wonder if they're enjoying throwing $ away like that for fun, unless there's more to it I'm missing

19. FidgitStyles

FidgitStyles Meh

So how long does Disney XD have the broadcast rights for Naruto Shippuden?

20. cartoonscartoons

cartoonscartoons I cant help it, if I'm lucky

Bypass the (extremely slow) show, and just read the manga.