1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hey Arnold" TV movie in development (for real this time!)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by MDawg, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Hey sneak peek, this time featuring Aber :)

Craig also posted this:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

So Olivia Hack was livestreaming the panel and they showed the clip. I'm not going to disclose much because it'll go to Nick's Youtube soon I bet, but if you saw a lot of episodes of the show you will notice some shoutouts to them...but with different camera angles. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Video uploaded

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

The NickSplat page has a longer video, with some additional Helga moments at the end:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I like this. The humor and heart of the original run of the show carries over nicely with some good modern touches. The voice acting is pretty good. The new voice actors for the boys and some of the adults sound enough like the originals while still bringing something new. I look forward to this movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ghostbuster

What was revealed during the SDCC panel:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul New Member

Arnold in particular is spot on. Gerald actually sounds like a mix of Jamil Walker Smith pre and post voice drop voice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

The fact that Helga has been recording Arnold's acts of kindness from all the past episodes on video is so meta and I love it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul New Member

Patty seems like an odd inclusion simply because all her focus episodes where around other characters rather than Arnold

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I think it's a good way of spotlighting the minor characters, since the other movie didn't do as much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Have to say really dug this. The new voices for Arnold and Gerald feel really well chosen (Gerald's especially since at least with Arnold there were other kids who played him over the years while there was just one with Gerald so glad of all things the Game Shakers did does well) and there is a good mix of emotion and heart. Honestly though for some series it wouldn't starting with this sort of Nostaglic "look at what this character did in the last series" it works well here and I am glad they are spotlighting Arnold's generosity and having it be the reason for the trip to the Jungle. Also glad we're past the "Helga has to act like a jerk to Arnold and pretend she doesn't like him" front and just having those shipper moments still work. Plus nice gags with Stoop Kid, Harold calling himself a one dimensional bully, Eugene getting hit by the pigeon, Grandpa telling Mr. Simmons has he ever looked after so many kids for so long and Gerald pointing out how many videos Helga has of Arnold (as yeah her video taping all of that makes all the sense to me). Just great stuff really showing how much care was put into this and how much the team really love their fans. Man if the IZ special is this level of solid that will be a Trifectia of Nick Nostalgia which would hopefully inspire the Nick Execs to do more like this in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Similarly to Rocko, I have a hard time finding something I don't like. In general it's okay. As I imagined it would be. But I have to ask, is there any added value beyond nostalgia? Haven't seen both shows in years, but I don't remember them needing to bring them back - even if they've been careful about the selections.

13. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul New Member

With Hey Arnold they entire last episode was a set up for this movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

This was a really nice teaser. Years of helping people with their problems finally payed off for him. I'm glad they put Pigeon Man in the homage clip, so that dumb theory that he died can finally be put to rest. And I love the animation, it's crisp but also expressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I am planning to watch all episodes of Hey Arnold in the future. I really digged this show, but I have only seen the bare minimum. I don't even recognize certain characters in this sneak peek.

I'll watch this movie after that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ghostbuster

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

And not to mention Craig regretted doing it that way, since he was using it to try to get Nick to make the Jungle Movie happen at the time...and it didn't.

But hey, now it's happening!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a really cool trailer. Much like the Rocko trailer, it had a nice mix of nostalgic throwbacks and some new content. It was also a cool way of showcasing some older episodes to younger fans, as well as getting a look at all of the various characters within the cast. Showing Pigeon Man was a nice touch since I didn't really understand those dark theories either. I think I liked the extended clip a bit more, but I also just kind of laughed at Helga having a ton of tapes of Arnold's adventures. That is creepy yet entirely fitting for her character.

The voice acting was pretty solid. Arnold's new voice sounds quite similar to one of his previous voices, so it was good. Gerald's voice sounds like he has a younger yet deeper tone to it if that makes any sense, but that was fine. I kind of like how the actor binged watch the whole series to prepare for it. I also got a kick from the idea that Craig Bartlett going to Nick, asking to make the Jungle Movie and they were just "Yeah, okay." All of the other voices were heard sounded great. Helga in particular sounded like she didn't miss a beat.

The extended clip also reminded me that this would obviously take place after the first movie, so Arnold does know about Helga's feelings, even though they both tried to pretend that the confession didn't happen afterwards. That does make me wonder if the dynamic between Arnold and Helga will be different since she was almost always picking on him to hide her feelings. She can still downplay her feelings without being a bully towards Arnold potentially.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Oh this one looks fantastic too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

I'm betting the animation for this movie is being done by Saerom Productions, since they worked on the original series and it looked pretty good. It looks similar to the later episodes of the original series, which were digitally colored.
    But this was such a fun trailer! With this and the Rocko one, I am PSYCHED!

• Like Like x 1