1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hey Arnold" TV movie in development (for real this time!)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by MDawg, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

It will premiere at Thanksgiving.
    http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/01/nickelodeon-usa-to-premiere-hey-arnold.html

Just to clarify since I've already come across one person on another site that thought this, I don't think they mean Thanksgiving day. They probably mean around then (my guess would be Black Friday for part 1 and that Saturday for part 2, but I could be wrong). I don't think they'd actually premiere it on Thanksgiving day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

The Legends of the Hidden Temple movie premiered on TV the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so yeah, I'm sure The Jungle Movie will start airing either that Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's cool that we finally have a premiere date for the movie. Hopefully we'll get some teaser or trailer for it sometime later this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RebelMan

RebelMan Banned

According to Craig in this interview;

The kids are in fifth grade going onto sixth grade
    Craig hopes that the success of The Jungle Movie leads to a sixth season
    The new movie will use elements of the original ''Jungle Movie'' in an entirely new story and the creator is happy that the old version of the Jungle Movie was never made.
    The movie is at the animatic stage (probably on the animation stage by now)
    Lila will not be in The Jungle Movie
    The trailer for The Jungle Movie will probably come by Comic Con

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad that it's a new version of the Jungle movie if only so that it can be entirely new for both new and long time fans. I don't know if I could see Nickelodeon being interested in picking up another season of the show. Maybe another special depending on how well this one does, but another season might be a bit of a long shot.

I'm kind of surprised that Lila won't be in the movie, but I'm okay with that. She was okay, but Arnold constantly trying to get her to like him like him did get a bit old after awhile. I hope that the trailer will be neat.

7. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I'm glad Lila won't be in this movie. She was a useless, one-dimensional character that had no purpose in the show other than to be Arnold's love interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

I hope they don't make a 6th season. Nick, doesn't need revivals of old shows just brand new ones.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They don't seem too interested in giving too many of their new shows a chance, so that might give revival of older shows a bit of an edge, especially when they'd already be established properties. Granted, the chances of a new season are pretty slim, but I wouldn't be against it It would be interesting if they could tackle some new concepts now that the characters are older. As long as they don't just go for revivals instead of new shows, I don't see the problem in the idea of a sixth season.

10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

If Barlett is involved with Hey Arnold if it gets a sixth season then at least that would make it a more favorable to do good. As for the movie I do think that is also good that Lila isn't going to be in it seems like there probably taking in her criticism she brought the show.

11. RebelMan

RebelMan Banned

[​IMG]
    New storyboard released

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Lila was a good foil for Helga re: her relationship with Arnold (Craig's said she has a "dark side" to her personality that came out a little during the school play episode) and I wish she had a role in the movie or at least a hypothetical 6th season, maybe as someone to motivate Helga to open up a little more. Not disappointed entirely about it but she wasn't that bad of a character and seemed to subtly want the Helga/Arnold relationship to happen.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

She was pretty calm about Helga's crush when she had to reveal it for the school play episode too. It was strange that never came back up, but they probably wanted to focus more on Helga's determination to keep the two of them apart than how she knew her secret.

14. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

True, but I wouldn't describe her as "one-dimensional", since it sounded a bit indirect, I would understand seeing her not be included to the film as everyone is a bit obvious about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Torvald appears to be in the movie (he's behind Stinky and Harold). Quite interesting.

16. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I have a theory. It was mentioned that Toran Cauldell and Jamil Walker Smith are too old to go back to playing their characters, and that they'd play new characters. What if said characters are older versions of Arnold and Gerald, like 10-20 years older? Maybe after the events of the movie wrap up, there'd be a scene 10-20 years in the future where Arnold and Gerald look back on everything that happened when they were young, with the two actors voicing adult versions of their characters. ​

17. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I've thought that might be the case, like a flash forward to high school and possibly a nod to the canceled Helga spinoff.

18. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's what's going to happen, but I do like the idea.

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just assumed that they were going to play new characters, but having them voice adult versions of the characters instead would be pretty neat.

20. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Craig mentioned in the interview above that he hopes the movie would lead to a sixth season, so a flash-forward scene might be tricky.

• Agree Agree x 1