1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hey Arnold" TV movie in development (for real this time!)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by MDawg, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

I figured they would of gotten Christopher Walberg and Ben Diskin back as Stinky and Eugene, oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure about Christopher Wallberg, but I didn't think that Ben Diskin could do the same voice for Eugene that he could when he was younger. His voice would probably be too deep now to fit as Eugene.

3. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

Having newer Nickelodeon actors be involved with these new releases of older Nick shows is something I was hoping would happen.

Jet Jurgensmeyer (Stinky) is one of the main characters in the upcoming Legends of the Hidden Temple movie.

Laya Hayes (Nadine) was one of the main characters in the Nick movie Santa Hunters.

Benjamin Flores Jr. was in fact the person I had in mind to do Gerald's voice if Jamil Smith wasn't doing it this time, so the fact that this happened is pretty cool to me!

And I'm so glad so many of the original voice actors could reprise their roles! I wasn't expecting this many. Having Jamil Smith and Lane Toran still take part in this makes me happy too.

I won't truly know what to think of the movie until watching it, but I'm convinced the movie'll turn out just fine.

Considering the amount of voice actors they did bring back, I'm sure they at least tried to see if Christopher Walberg and Ben Diskin were able to do those voices.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I'm sure that they at least approached them to see if they could reprise their roles or to see if they could come back to do some new voices. I still expect that neither of them could voice Stinky or Eugene anymore, but it's possible that they couldn't return to do some voices due to scheduling conflicts or they weren't interested in returning for the movie.

5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly like with Arnold, Eugene's voice has also gone through a multitude of actors anyway so though Benjamin Diskin was likely the one whose done the most episodes, Eugene's voice like Arnold fluctuates enough in the original show where i remembered several different variations, so having a new one for this upcoming movie isn't bad. Probably the weirdest new voices for characters would probably be Stinky, Sid and Oskar, though the later of which is also sadly the most sensical because the original voice of the character Steve Viksten tragically passed away a couple of years back so yeah needed to be recasted for that reason.

Still I do appreciate them trying to get a lot of the voices from the original show back and honestly even having so many characters with so many speaking roles in it. Since I guess this is being billed not just as the Jungle movie finally being made a big last hoorah for Hey Anrold so trying to get as many people back as possible (yeah says even Pigeon Man is coming back even though Pigeon Man only had one episode so weird they're going to show him. What did his pigeons wind up flying him to jungle where Arnold's parents are in... wouldn't that be a weird twist in the story) makes it feel like something even more for the fans. Honestly so long as the writing and feel is more what the show was about that's what matters most but still interesting news about the casting and hope to see more come from it in the coming months about this movie and what not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cartoon_central

I thought for sure they could get the original voices for Gerald and Stinky back seeing as they kept voicing them long after hitting puberty, oh well I'm looking foreword to this like many others I've waiting for a conclusion to Arnold finally reuniting with his parents for a long time.

7. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Stinky's VA went off and formed a band, so he might have been too busy with that.

8. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Hey Arnold! will have a big presence at SDCC 2016:

* Craig Bartlett will take part in the Happy Happy! Joy Joy!: 25 Years of Nickelodeon Original Animation panel, which will also feature production art from HA: TJM;

* Mary Harrington will take part in the She Made That?: Nickelodeon hosts Women in Animation panel;

* Craig Bartlett will take part in a autograph session;

* Arnold will be making (live-costumed) appearances throughout SDCC;

* Fans can get their photo taken on a life-sized replica of Arnold's stoop.

http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2016/06/nickelodeon-opens-its-vaults-to-bring.html

9. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I have never felt so bad about living on the opposite coast until now, getting to meet Craig is a bucket list item for me...

10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I doubt those production sketches are going to be used for the film's designs right now.

11. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

The sketches might not be, but there is full color art of Arnold and Helga partially obscured by Craig and Jake (the fan in the picture) that is presumably production art.

12. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

13. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I wonder how long it will take for the international feeds to premiere this and if they'll manage to get their original local voice actors.

14. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I had links to tweets of photos from the SDCC panel but since all the art made it onto the Web almost instantly after it ended...here we go. The redesigns look awesome.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#54 Zeether, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  15. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

This looks perfect. Almost identical to the original, just super hi res. Sweet.

16. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Yeah, they're pretty good. I'm a little mixed on Helga's look especially in the stoop promo art because she looks a little out of place, but they did do a good job making them look slightly different.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Those new designs are really good. They're more like updated versions of their designs, but they aren't huge departures from how they looked in the series, so it's a cool balance. Something about Helga's outfit is familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. They do look a bit older too, mainly Phoebe for having slightly longer hair. I hope that we'll get more news for the movie soon.

18. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

This seems like a case of trying to fix something that was unbroken. But, I suppose that it could've been worse.

19. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Hey, not bad! I'm so excited for this.

20. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I usually hate revivals of old shows, but I'm kinda excited for this. I adore Hey Arnold and I'd love to have a good movie for this show.
    Also, I really like the designs, particularly Phoebe's. She looks great.