1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hey Arnold" TV movie in development (for real this time!)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by MDawg, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Alexander Edeh

This is way too good to be true, but it is.

But I don't understand how this is going to be marketed

• Like Like x 1
  2. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool

I actually just watched "The Journal" myself, recently (via the DVDs as well) and when it ended, I thought to myself: "Man, it's too bad we'll never see where this went..."

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong, I guess! I'm excited to see where this whole thing goes! True, now that we're getting the official Jungle Movie, it's going to mess with a lot of people's headcanons and make people mad, but I'm just excited that we're getting an official send-off for the series.

3. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

4. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

meh, if the original creator wants to do the movie, fine, let him

but out of the Nickelodeon library, I would not count Hey Arnold as a show appropriate for a revival

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Perry

Perry Super... man

I really hope this meets everyone's expectations. I have been waiting for the "Jungle Movie" for years. Never would I have thought that it would actually see the light of day.

6. Alexander Edeh

I wonder if they would do a continuation series after this, it would be interesting to see how it would be handled, as for how Nickelodeon should market this movie, they should just air reruns of the old shows on the channel so kids can be familiar with them

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Two things have come up since the announcement: Olivia Hack (Rhonda) and Anndi McAfee (Phoebe) did this video with Craig which pretty much confirms they'll be back, and Francesca Marie Smith (Helga) was interviewed by TodayFM on the Anton Savage Show; she mentions going to talk with Craig which likely means she will be returning to be Helga (she even does her voice at one point during the interview and she's still got it!)

8. Miles Musk

Miles Musk Banned

Concept art for the new Arnold Tv Movie

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Miles Musk

Miles Musk Banned

Also Olivia Hack is hinted to play Rhonda again

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Olivia is definitely back as Rhonda. She posted photos from the table read on her Instagram but deleted them afterward (probably realized it might have been an NDA violation or something?) and Francesca was definitely there too along with Anndi (Phoebe) and Nikka (Olga) as well as a kid who might be the new Arnold voice.

Also, the movie will be two parts at an hour each and will be coming out next year. I'd like to hope a teaser will come out this October, since Hey Arnold! premiered on the 7th (and Arnold's parents left Hillwood on the 5th)

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It could be that she didn't want to announce she was back to voice Rhonda before an official announcement come out. They might still be looking into who can reprise their roles and who they need to replace. I thought that this was going to be just a one hour special, but the two parts being one hour each sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully we'll get some kind teaser or more details about the special within the near future.

12. bart_simpson7

bart_simpson7 Member

You are lucky dude congratulations!!!!!!

13. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

So its up for next November sweet :), i could see this as an opportunity available for Nick to do stuff to get people into the show so it could do well.

14. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

No, it's up for the November after next November ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Jim Lang is confirmed to be back on board as per this photo, which also has some blurry storyboards/concept art that I can't really make out:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Giant info dump for the movie. It is gonna officially be titled Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie. A large chunk of the original cast will be back (Arnold and Gerald's original VAs won't be playing those roles, but they'll be playing new characters). More stuff at the link.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I can imagine both actors not returning considering Arnold was the one who always had a changing VA, while for Gerald that is quite a shocker considering that he always had the same voice, but I could imagine that they realized his original VA couldn't keep the role forever as Gerald's role was disappearing in the last seasons, but incredible they managed to get back most of the others.

18. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

19. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Well, there's this thing called puberty, which is why Lane and Jamil got new roles for the TV movie, and why Arnold and Gerald got younger voice actors now.

20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure that most people here would be aware of what puberty is and why they the original voice actors couldn't reprise their roles because of what puberty does to people's voices. They also probably wanted to get some more recognizable names to help get kids more interested in the movie, especially when they got someone from Game Shakers to join the cast and they'll probably mix in some more current Nickelodeon stars to voice characters.

Anyway, this is pretty cool news. It's great that they were able to get so many of the original voice actors to reprise their roles. It's really nice that they're including Arnold and Gerald's voice actors with different roles. I remember Arnold's voice was changed fairly often and Gerald's voice in particular got a lot deeper in the later seasons. They did have that episode where Gerald's tonsils were removed to explained why his voice was different, but during I think the last couple of seasons, he sounded way too old to be a nine year old kid. It's cool that they wanted to include them and the title is pretty neat too.