1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hey Arnold" TV movie in development (for real this time!)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by MDawg, Nov 23, 2015.

1. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Good trailer and it showed a good amount of older characters from the shows run which was cool.

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Anyone noticed how Eugene had his arm in a cast and had an eyepatch in one scene, but was completely fine in an earlier shot?

Other than that, I love this! All the callbacks, and appearance of old characters was fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. toonmaster17

toonmaster17 Member

Dang that was exceptionally good for a show that ended 13 years ago!

Hopefully Nick is thinking about bringing back the original series in reruns to the main channel in the coming months and not just rerunning it on NickSplat. I'm sure regardless ratings will be good but it would help to attract fresh followers who aren't familiar with Hey Arnold.

Btw I believe the last time Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, and Invader Zim were seen on the main Nick channel was back nearly a decade ago in November 2007, correct me if I'm wrong.

4. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

I'm so excited for this! I hope Arnold meets his parents.

5. FantasyAlchemist

The first Hey Arnold movie disappointment me with how little it did to shake up the show's status quo. I know that the central theme to the movie was that sometimes things don't have to change, but after Helga confessed her love to Arnold and by the end it was treated like it never happened (if I remember correctly), that bugged me a little bit.

I hope The Jungle Movie will be a worthy wrap-up to the show if season 6 doesn't happen, and from what I've read, it looks like it's going to be.

6. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

The question is:

Would Nick be willing to allocate time-slots to reruns of Hey Arnold?

It would certainly make sense to as a way to get current kids up to speed with the show before the movie comes out!

7. toonmaster17

toonmaster17 Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

At best the only rerun effort they are going to do is airing it on The Splat and that's about it.

9. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

They might make an exception for that kind of event, but to be honest I think they'd only show Parent's Day and The Journal before it and not Every Episode Everâ„¢ (but I'd like to hope so! Surprise me Nick!)

10. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

While having a Hey Arnold marathon with every episode would be really cool, I don't think that they'd actually need to do that. Kids don't need to watch every episode of the series to follow the Jungle movie. The main episodes that would be important are Parents Day and The Journal. They'd need to know a bit more about the characters and Helga's crush on Arnold, but the series wasn't really continuity heavy. Just having a marathon of select episodes, along with the two about Arnold's parents, should be enough to get kids up to speed for the Jungle movie.

That video was also pretty fun. Craig Bartlett seemed to have a lot of fun walking around Comic Con.

12. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I actually thought the locket was cracked, but the photo being torn and glued together makes more sense. I have to wonder if it's part of a scene where Helga starts to give up on her love for Arnold (there was one proposed for the earlier draft of the movie before it was canceled and Brainy would be the one to motivate her)

13. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Comic Con panel will be posted online at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Ah, good. I was wondering if that was happening or not since I caught it via "bootleg" (Olivia Hack and Danielle Judovits streamed it from Instagram, but they had to deal with the stream time limit on there plus the fact that streams that are saved only stay for 24 hours), and there were some great moments from it like Francesca mentioning the time when someone said "Stoop Kid's afraid to leave his stoop" around her without knowing who she was.

15. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I wonder if the movie will give us more insight into what the deal with Stoop Kid is

WHY is he afraid to leave his stoop?

Perhaps parental neglect plays a part in it

16. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

The word "stoop" comes from New York. Does this mean Hey Arnold is set in the Northeastern part of the US?

17. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Arnold!#Setting
    The setting takes place in fictional city Hillwood
    New York is the northeastern USA. And not just new york that are references, but there are cities in Portland Washington, Seattle

18. Ghostbuster

In an interview in 1996, Craig said that Arnold's neighborhood is meant to look like the neighborhoods he knew in Seattle, and has a little bit of Brooklyn, NY in it, too.

19. Ghostbuster

Nick Animation's official Instagram blog reblogged a post made by a fan on 23rd August saying 'exactly 3 months to The Jungle Movie', which may confirm the movie will premiere on Thursday 23rd November. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member