1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Warner's drawing and animation style

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Ando, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Ando

Ando New Member

Hey

I'm new into drawing (and know nothing of animation yet) but I really like the drawing style of warner cartoons and I think its animation is unique and excellent.

I've been trying to understand the general art style of these cartoons but I'm having a hard time understanding the composition and general anatomy it uses and stuff. I understand it a bit better the more I draw this but, do you know if there's any kind of study about this? I was thinking since it's Warner (kinda big deal) maybe there are videos of artists that participated in the making of some of these shows showing how they worked and drew the characters in sketches and frames and stuff. I think that might help me a lot.

2. Yum

Yum Member

If you want to draw in the 1990s WB style, try looking at WB veteran Tony Cervone's Animating the Looney Tunes Way. Helped me out when I was starting in animation way back in the 5th grade. It's got the classic model sheets and miscellaneous examples from the 'golden' & 'silver age' of WB animation. This bit of traditional goodness is the only thing keeping Spike and Tony in business now:

This is all that's left of the Looney Tunes now...