1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

He-Man got removed from Hulu (update: now on Netflix)

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by JaredCap43™, Jul 1, 2016.

1. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Cringey Network

Hey everyone! I have bad news! He-Man just got removed from Hulu, along with a bunch of other shows! I feel really sad that He-Man was removed because in my opinion, it's the best 80's cartoon ever! I hope they bring it back soon. :(
    Proof that He-Man was removed: hulu.com/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe
    And also, I hope it comes back to Qubo, albeit at a non-Night Owl slot.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Drat, I never even knew it was on Hulu, it would have been cool to have seen it when they had it.

3. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Neither did I. Anyway I've got my DVDs.

4. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Maybe DreamWorks has something to do with this.

Just because He-Man got removed from Hulu doesn't mean you can't watch it on third-party watch websites.

5. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Seems like everything from Classic Media/Dreamworks Classics got purged from Hulu. All that's left is some excerpts and clips from Rocky and Bullwinkle, She-Ra, and Mr. Magoo in Sherwood Forest (and for some reason Life With Boys is still fully intact as well).

6. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

WHAT? Even Casper and Friends?? :eek:

Ugghh!! :sweat::shrug::mad:

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's weird how all the DW Classic stuff is leaving, especially since Comcast/Universal owns Hulu and soon DWA. I'm sure it'll show up on the service again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Well, that sucks. I was halfway through the 80's "He-Man". With well over 100 episodes, it was taking a long time to churn through them all. I might've burned through them faster if the episodes were more intriguing (as this was the start of "Toy Merchandise" cartoons, a lot of the plots were the same)....but I was enjoying it for nostalgia sake, so it's still a shame to see it gone.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the legal streaming of 70's, 80's, and 90's classic cartoons is truly sparse.

9. SeanRT

SeanRT New Member

I noticed that too. They also pulled the titles from iTunes Store, including Sabrina and The Archie Show. I was hoping it was to restore the Filmation shows back to proper pitch. He-man especially since the line of Filmation based figures is being released.
    It appears Comcast/Universals acquisition of DW Classics was finalized August 22, so it's probably related to that. I hope they have plans for them.

#9 SeanRT, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  10. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

11. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

12. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

...and it's still the PAL versions, which means I have to use my computer's pitch shift feature to watch (and hear them) in the original key. (sigh...)

13. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Dailymotion has He-Man & She-Ra, plus a fair number of other titles that seem to get bumped from YouTube on a regular basis.

14. Mr Flintstone

Mr Flintstone Member

That's a good question. Why does videos get removed from YouTube and not Daily Motion?

Back to He-Man. It would be nice if it came to Netflix.

15. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Just observed: He-Man (and She-Ra) just got added to Netflix within the last week or so! Unfortunately, it's only Season 1 of both series. Perhaps Season 2 will be added later?

One observation: Netflix has apparently put them in production order, NOT in broadcast order (like how Hulu had them). It seems trivial, but I always, ALWAYS prefer broadcast order. It goes back to how I remember viewing the episodes when I was a kid.

It's the same problem I have with the "Batman: The Animated Series" DVD's. The DVD's have them in production order, not broadcast order...and I frankly prefer "Heart of Ice" (or arguably "The Cat and the Claw") as being the next episode after "On Leather Wings" (the pilot), instead of the lame "Christmas with the Joker".

Similarly, for He-Man, you just HAVE to start with "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" (the broadcast order). But it's just good for He-Man to be back online.

• Like Like x 3
    #15 wonderfly, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  16. Tumblenerd

Tumblenerd Member

I rewatched some episodes on YouTube recently. The things I noticed as a kid stuck out een more now--the recycled animation, the constant camera pans to suggest action--but still, there's a lot of craftmanship involved. The backgrounds are very atmospheric, the characters are well-designed.

I've also always liked that sinister musical motif that pops up occasionally.