1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Having trouble animating mouth shapes

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by animatelove, Aug 19, 2013.

1. animatelove

animatelove Guest

I am new to animation and toonboom animate pro 2 (The tool that I am using to do the animation).

I am trying to animate the mouth and get smooth mouth / lip movements. But I am not able to get that.

Here is a video of me just getting the mouth shapes and face. Rigging it and doing the auto lip sync and doing the mouth animation (playing it).

ttp://www.screencast.com/t/GSw2taQRAv

It is not smooth. You can see the mouth shapes just move from one shape to another very abruptly and they are not smooth.

This is the rigging method that I used incase anyone is wondering:

Toon Boom Tip #39 Importing a Character from Photoshop and Rigging it. - YouTube

I did try this later on.

When I use the transform tool (scale and skew) on one of the drawings (in one of the frames) in the middle (between two different drawings) and make changes, and include a motion keyframe for that, then, there is some smoothness between the first and the middle (newly created / modified) drawing.

But I can't make changes to the middle drawing using any other tool. I am only restricted to scale and skew (transform tool).

How do I get smooth mouth animations / movement?

2. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student