1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Harvey Beaks Series Talkback

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Bakertoons, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Yeah, I think he has a crush on Harvey.

2. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

If that's true, it ain't the first time something like this got past the network.

3. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

I always thought that Dade had a crush on Harvey, judging by how he acts around him.

Anyway, these episodes were good. Clubbing is a good way to meet people.

I can relate to Fee wanting to be a bouncer. People say that I'm built like a football player (though I never was one).

The highlight of "Nightclub Night" was when Dade basically got drunk off of sugary drinks. I think drunk people are fun to watch.

4. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

so I guess bunnies are this world's WBC/SJW

5. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Harvey Beaks is easily my favorite awesome new Nicktoon, cool that it's created by C.H. Greenblatt(I so loved Chowder, hehehe), it's cute/funny/enjoyable with sweet detailed animation and funny/enjoyable episodes.

Both Harvey and Fee/Foo were the best cute likable funny protagonists with an awesome sweet friendship, but Fee/Foo have nice designs.Both Miriam/Irving(best parents), Princess Roberts, Doctor Roberts, Claire, Dade(his odd fondness on Harvey is funny), Jeremy(nice Gazpacho reference), Technobear, Kratz, Rooter(a nice touch for another great warthog good guy next to Pumbaa), The Spirit of Wetbark Lake, and the female bat bouncer are all awesome likable funny side characters for their best funny moments.

I so love Fee & Foo who were funny cute enjoyable rebellious brats with a heart of gold which they are good-natured caring friends for Harvey with their funny chemistries with him, hehehe.Cool that they're fairy/goblins, awesome bizarre creatures.

I so love Princess Roberts, a funny enjoyable spoiled brat who's like Lumpy Space Princess, sweet.

6. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

This week's episodes were pretty deece. I wonder if the first episode will encourage kids to get scars. That's not really a bad thing, though. We all have at least one scar, even of the story behind it is stupid.

I like how Fee got so enraged, she became a Berserker from Gears of War. She had the blindness, the rage, the strength, the being female. The only thing missing was being ten feet tall.

Also, that big fight scene was stupid funny. Better than a sissy fight.

7. SaneMan

Both segments were pretty good, and actually got kinda dark in parts

and apparently squirrel tails are symbiotic

8. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I just realized I missed the Harvey Beaks episodes that were airing this morning. Guess I'll catch them later.

9. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

There's also another chance catch-up encores starting tomorrow at 6pm, back to back with SpongeBob chunks with Harvey Beaks new episodes this morning.

10. SaneMan

I know many people were comparing Princess to LSP, but now we can see she's really more like Eric Cartman
    and Dade actually gets a sympathetic point of view for once

this was generally a nice batch of episode, especially when it comes to developing the supporting characters

11. Bakertoons

Bakertoons One Sly Princess
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know if anyone caught this, but that was Tom Robinson voicing Foo in "Old Fashioned Dade". The original actor hit puberty, so he got recast later in the season.

12. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I find it odd how they had to replace actors only 9 episodes in. I'm sure I will notice this upon rewatch; I certainly didn't catch it the first time.

I didn't catch the last of the four that aired, but the other three were all really solid in their own rights. "The Nature of Nature" provides a legitimate two-sided argument and a well-thought out execution on the hero's good intentions completely backfiring. I was actually rooting for Harvey at the first half, and it felt really nice to see him un-break the fort; the only reason he wound up going too far was because his actions had unforeseen consequences, which is actually very believable of someone like him.

"Nobody's Better than Princess" does have a nice message, some good heart, and even a few neat gags. However... this may sound biased, but am I the only one who was waiting for someone to actively call the father out? That would have felt so much more cathartic. However, I do like how Princess is the one that breaks the trend in the end, making the message stronger from a writing standpoint. Even though she's my least favorite character, I'm glad they prevented her from being one-sided early on and didn't wait until later.

"Old Fashioned Dade" was full of the genuine emotions and resulting actions that I've come to expect from this show. It makes sense for Dade to feel uncomfortable around Fee and Foo, particularly since their presence came out of nowhere. But at the same time, Fee and Foo have genuine feelings and are the fun-loving kind of spunky, keeping them likable to the audience. Dade's actions make sense in the context of the episode, because of the established desperation, and his talk with Harvey really lets the moods flow very well in a way that actually stays consistent with how the rest of the episode went. The part with Dade attempting to resolve the issue with Fee is also a really enjoyable scene, just for how nice the staging and singing is.

This show is definitely getting better by the episode, I tell you. I wouldn't say every episode is hitting a slam dunk, but most of the ones so far are very good, and even the not-so-good ones have some nice things to offer. And keep in mind, this is just the beginning of the series. Who knows the heights it'll reach by the end of the season?

13. ChikoritaCheezit

ChikoritaCheezit The Random Shipper

Okay, I saw people earlier in the thread saying Dade has a crush on Harvey and at first i didn't believe, but after seeing the Old Fashioned episode, I now believe he does.

14. Pelvix

Pelvix Weirdo

I don't know if anyone else knows does but apparently the "upcoming" episodes The Ghost Problem and The Almighty Foo have already been released on Nick.com

15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

That's weird, as of now for what I'm seeing on nick.com "The Ghost Problem/Almighty Foo" are NOT on nick.com

16. Pelvix

Pelvix Weirdo

Well it seems you're right, cuz I remember seeing it was up on Nick.com a couple days ago. Btw, The Ghost Problem was paired up with "Princess is better than you" while "The Almighty Foo" was paired up with "Old Fashioned Dade".

17. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I guess Fee set the machine to W for Wumbo.

18. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Good episode, but I didn't like how Harvey wouldn't save his sister, because the rules said "No kids allowed". I think when a family member is in danger, their safety should come before the rules.

19. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

The one thing I didn't like was

Maybe it's me, but after seeing the last few episodes, I'm worried the show is going to sooner or later going to go into Chowder humor territory and away from the slice-of-life, sweetness feel that made the show so wonderful. Can I get some reassurance here?

20. SaneMan

^ to be fair, that was just a single bit of dark humor, rather than the idiot comedy that took over Chowder

also, it was sort of a callback to an earlier episode