"Harley Quinn and Batman (2017 Mini-Series)" Comic Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 31, 2017.

?

Rate and discuss the "Harley Quinn and Batman" comic series!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iammattie

iammattie Member

As much as I'm enjoying the look into the debate of Ivy's humanity, I'm bummed about the return to what's arguably Burchett's sloppiest work. I wish they had stuck with Vecchio moving forward, as now his portion will just seem wildly out of place once the physical release happens.

I know the interview with Templeton hinted at this being a month after husband run on BAtman Adventures vol. 2, but the way they're going it seems like odd placement. This'll be a fun one to try to nail down in the overall continuity.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh, when was this moved to the Comic section from the Animation section? Weird. EDIT: Moved it back to the Animation section from the Comic section.

Anyway, yeah, the artwork also bummed me out. So I guess this arc is pretty much Harley destroying her relationships to set up for the movie. Here we saw Floronic Man continuing to tempt Ivy, for example.

#22 Yojimbo, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The fifth chapter of the Batman and Harley Quinn prequel comic series is here!

HARLEY QUINN AND BATMAN #5

[​IMG]
    Written by: Ty Templeton
    Art by: Rick Burchett

The Story: Once again, Harley’s where she belongs: Arkham Asylum, this time behind the bars. Maybe she’s learned her lesson this time?

Discuss this digital comic series here!

Mod Note: Issue originally set for release on Oct. 9, has been delayed. Post will remain for accuracy and conversational needs.

4. iammattie

iammattie Member

I've been waiting for this all day, but ComiXology still has it listed "coming soon" they've been dropping it later and later in the day each time and I'm getting annoyed. #firstworldproblems

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They pushed it back a week to October 16 after the fact. Terrible.

6. iammattie

iammattie Member

10/11: Yikes. This run has been plagued with problems. Whether it's Burchett's rough art, whatever happened to bring Vehicco in for one issue, delayed issues, and now the last issue being pushed back the day of? This is embarrassing on DC's part.

10/15: Issue 5 is now delayed until October 23rd. Makes me think the sequel won't be starting in October like initially planned. Especially since we haven't had any update on it. Not a big deal. I have most of it in the form of "Last Call" already.

I wouldn't be so upset about the delays if we got a decent improvement in quality as a result, but the fact that they've already switched back from Vehicco to Burchett leads me to think that won't be the case on this issue.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #26 iammattie, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

It's disappointing that the last issue is delayed again. This series has ultimately been a letdown. It should have been a return to form for the great creative team but it seems like it's hit road block after road block. I hope the trade collection will feature finished and corrected artwork. DC has been known to fix artwork in collections so I hope this will be the case here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. iammattie

iammattie Member

With how much it's been getting delayed I forgot it was even supposed to come today.

Sigh.....

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You guessed it, #5 has been delayed another week to November 13.

11. iammattie

iammattie Member

11/4:I honestly can't imagine why this keeps getting moved back. These are mini comics, it realistically shouldn't take this long...

11/10: Issue 5 is now being pushed to Nov 20th. I was talking to Ty last night to get some insight on continuity for a Watchtower Database video, and now I'm wishing I asked about the delays. Didn't think to since I figured after a month + we were finally getting it. I guess not though.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged

#31 iammattie, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

issue 5 moved to December 11. Guess they're waiting until the other mini is concluded.

13. iammattie

iammattie Member

Just had a brief conversation with Ty and I didn't get much info.

"Don't know the details, and they wouldn't be mine to reveal regardless. I finished all my scripting for this stuff many moons ago, and as far as I know the art's all done for both stories."

I had asked if it's delay would cause any confusion with the Task force Ex story in the sequel and he skipped the question.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't think so. I would think it would cause more confusion being released out of order. H&B #5 is before the movie and B&H #6 and 7 are x days after the movie.

So all the issues that were in that collection with the movie release you mentioned have all been released now digitally?

15. iammattie

iammattie Member

Almost all of them are out now. Instead of the Floronic Man story though they had put in Monday's issue "The Good Doctor"