1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy 25th Anniversary, Cartoon Network!

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by BlooMac, Oct 1, 2017.

1. BlooMac

BlooMac Well-Known Member

Well, here we are! CN is now a quarter-century old. Thanks for all the great shows and moments you brought to us!

Here's a little montage I did, a remaster/extension of the good ol' 10th anniversary one:

And I'm reposting the official 25th anniversary video CN did just for the heck of it:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

25 years today! Nice montage and looks as if it's part of the original video.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

The channel has made a quarter of a century, that is a good achievement :).

4. ItsSunshine

ItsSunshine Member

Thanks for designing my childhood CN!

5. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Stay tuned during the very start of Cartoon Network.. something pretty special will happen.

6. BlooMac

BlooMac Well-Known Member

Wow, wasn't expecting this!

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  7. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Cringey Network

I wonder what special videos will be uploaded to YouTube today (or this month)!

8. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Despite everything, you're still one of the best networks ever. Happy 25th, CN.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. EdCNPowerpuffDrama

EdCNPowerpuffDrama Active Member

inb4 some people will complain that Four Arms was dabbing

I really liked the video! Wonder if they will do more tonight. My only problem with it is that there was no Regular Show, KND and Foster's Home in it. I feel like those shows are popular enough to be included in a video like this, but for some reason they didn't include them.

The video you created was also fantastic! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

As well as complaining that this isn't good enough and that they should air older shows, even though they should be glad CN did anything.

But yeah, that sign on was a pleasant surprise and I really liked it as well. Happy birthday, Cartoon Network! Others opinions on you may have soured, but you're still my favorite channel.

• Like Like x 4
  11. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Now I like the video, kinda showed that the schedule may be a whack, but at least they recognize their anniversary unlike 2007, which was a transitioning period and they were no celebration at all, my only main complaint of the video is that they did not add much of their originals (e.g. Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa, etc.) or any from the pre or post-Hanna Barbera era. This is fine enough to me though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. flaboyblast

flaboyblast New Member

Happy 25th Anniversary!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

Happy 25th Birthday Cartoon Network!!!
    Cartoon Network 1992 Logo 1.jpg - Cartoon Network 2004 Logo 4.png - Cartoon Network 2010 Logo 2.png

October 1st, 1992 - October 1st, 2017

• Like Like x 1
    #13 CNFan1995, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  14. Action!

Action! Active Member

Happy birthday to CN!

15. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Even though making something like that sign on requires a lot more effort, not to mention how fluidly it was animated.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Happy birthday! And here's to 25 more!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Happy 25th birthday, CN. Even though you've made some mistakes, you still hold a piece of my childhood for being a great network. Here's to more success in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cosmo

Cosmo New Poster. Old Lurker.

Despite what CN has been going through lately, this network means a lot to me. And even doesn't decide to make it into a big deal. I and I assume other community members can agree it's a big deal. Happy 25th Birthday CN.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Those two montages they've made, the 25th ident and today's sign-on, I think are great and should suffice. But I think it would be nice if there was a #25Years birthday bug on the air or some short similarly looking bumpers between shows to make it complete. That would take zero effort and would be nice. Putting on classic shows for a day would have been perfect, but I can live without it. They seem to be doing a lot stuff outside the channel and they might do more down the line. Doesn't have to be all just this day or this month. The Paley Center thing is quite neat and the Captain Planet crossover for me is a bigger deal than all of the above frankly and, just like those montages, it gets to show they haven't forgotten. They may be doing less in a way, but they're doing it properly and branching out to various platforms. At least they are acknowledging their anniversary at all. It could have been much worse and to be fair, they're not really obligated to do anything at all - although I have to admit that it does seem that older fans interestingly care about the Network more than it does care about them resulting in high expectations. We'll see. There's still tons of stuff they could do eventually. Sure, if I was the manager I'd put back the old logo and run only classics for a day and shove the cake down everyone's throat, but they sort of did that in 2012. It's hard to top that. Can't blame them for trying out different things in different times.

Regardless of its ups and downs, for me the channel will always be the best place for cartoons. I've been with it for over 20 years, far too long to turn my back on it, and I'm hoping I'll have enough reason to stay around for twenty more. So, Happy 25th Birthday Cartoon Network. You may not be entirely in the shape I'd like you to be, but I still love you and will be there for you - unless you do something crazy again like live action ugh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #19 Checkerboard, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll always remember when I discovered this network, and how it changed my life forever! Happy 25th anniversary, CN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3