1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hana Zuki Full Of Treasures (Series Talkback Thread)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by AnotherRandomGuy, Jan 12, 2017.

1. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

makes me wonder if the next episode's going to reveal what Hana and Kyoshi were up to in the meantime, seeing how he did not return

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Here's this week's episode:

3. SaneMan

She's back

4. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

This week's episode was a improvement over last week, a whole episode focused on the Himpkas does not interest me. Anyway 3 more episodes to go, we will see how will they end this season.

5. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Precious depressed baby Kiazuki is back and I could be happier

6. PinkiePie97

7. zoombie

Who knew Kiazuki was like Hanazuki back in the day, starting this alliance, that sounds like something Hanazuki would do. One can only imagine how she went from that to what she is today. Though this episode might be the beginning of her turn around, saying thank you, maybe the first step of regaining hope.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't trust the guy at the end, the closeup at the very end, seemed very sinister. And it is only a mater of time till we had a Moonflower traitor, he might be the reason the Garladians idea feel through, and why Kiazuki and Kiyoshi lives and moons were in such bad shape when we meet them.

#47 zoombie, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  8. PinkiePie97

9. zoombie

I still don't trust this guy, though this episode is just trying to play him off as an idiot, still I think that alliance did not happen because of him.

Still great to Kiazuki having turned a new leaf and on the verge of a redemption.

10. PinkiePie97

11. zoombie

So is the first season going to end on a cliffhanger, I don't see how they wrap this up to a positive ending in just one episode.

12. PinkiePie97

The season finale:

13. zoombie

What an emotional season finale, I thought we would get more of a cliffhanger, but I guess first season normally end on a good note. So I guess the lesson here is don't be a Tsukane. Kaizuki just had to open her true feelings and everything was all around. And when Kaizuki actually hugged Hanazuki at the end, the feels.

So the Big Bad is gone for now, I wonder what the plot folds for season 2, well we meet more Moonflowers. We already a goal setup with finding Kaizuki's other Himkas. But what else?

14. GuillermoGage

GuillermoGage New Member

To be honest, I almost retroactively have not been "feeling it" entirely for the whole series so far. Probably due to the pacing of when I watched the episodes. For example, I don't exactly recall what episode #4, "Slow Sand Rises" or #11, 15, 16, and maybe a couple more. I'm looking at the playlist right now. The last episodes of the season-thirds, the ones that are multiples of nine, are definitely memorable tho.

So that includes this episode, which is titled "Big Bad Sickness" but really doesn't have any big "showdown" with the big bad.

This episode did a good job with demonstrating the function of the treasure trees that we already know basically. The dialogue of Kiazuki earning the treasures felt pretty legitimate. It only started to feel like Little Dreamer was starting to pretty much maybe give them away once both Kiazuki and Hanazuki got those yellow happiness treasures solely for being happy and.. expressing it.

Honestly, this is a pretty abstract work. I don't know if we should expect much more "lore" or Steven Universe-y stuff from a young-ages free YouTube show.

I hope they just don't soullessly dump more moonflower characters on us for next season and not have them well-written and expect us to just roll with it on the expectation that enough of us will be individuals who go ahead and become fans of the character designs and make more shipping charts or whatever.

This is a new IP and I sure haven't seen any merchandise of it in actual stores, and there doesn't seem to be much merch stuff going on online.

Also... what do you make of the YouTube view count of the episodes? The episode with the most amount of views is still the first one, which has been around the longest and is he one that people tend to click on, and it has a bit over 4 million views. I dunno what the goal is for views here. I wonder how many views or how much ad revenue is needed to turn a profit on this animation. Touching upon what I've said about merchandise... I'm not really sure of the appeal of toys or whatever thingies that are sold along with this show.

It looks like the episode "Moonflower Sister" may have gotten quite a few people not only clicking on it, but rewatching that particular episode, while some episodes have less than 300K views.

"Meteor the Family" has 262K and was released March 11, while "Hemkas Got Talent", an episode 89 days later has 1.2 million views, and was not expected to be, nor was, a particularly climactic episode due to followers of the show knowing that Twisted had just been successfully thwarted at the end of the previous episode.

#54 GuillermoGage, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  15. SaneMan

good season

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PinkiePie97

I've heard there's merch at Target, though I didn't think to check last time I was there.

17. SaneMan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. PinkiePie97

Extended theme song:

19. PinkiePie97

20. PinkiePie97