1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Hana Zuki Full Of Treasures (Series Talkback Thread)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by AnotherRandomGuy, Jan 12, 2017.

1. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

The new series by Hasbro and Titmouse has landed on YT.

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Just saw the first 3 episodes. I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but I think it's off to a good start. Hopefully, the rest is good.

3. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

This show is pretty much like a mix of Wander Over Yonder and Inside Out. I like it. I like it a lot.

4. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Seriously tho, after binging the 9 episodes, I must say it does have some legit potential

5. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

Apparently, Hasbro is releasing the upcoming 2 sets of 9 episodes coinciding with the full moon (so around February 10th and March 12th).

And I've got to agree with @SaneMan, @SweetShop209, and @PinkiePie97, the show is surprisingly charming and deep with its storyline (compared to the run-of-the-mill 80s styled girl-centered show, like Rainbow Brite. Ironically, that also had a recent reboot).

I don't normally watch My Little Pony: FIM regularly (only seen the Spike focused episodes), but one of the writers (Dave Polsky) knows how to create a tight story with well-paced world-building and intriguing characters.

Titmouse did a spectacular job with the neon-focused art style and animation, especially for a web cartoon. It's bright, but still finds focus with it balancing of darker colors. Unlike, say, Problem Solvers or Hana Zuki's lesser known 2013 pilot:

The retool looks way more like a legit television production, considering its standard running time of 11 mins.

6. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

[​IMG]
    Unlike other Hasbro Cartoons this show will be also a story driven show
    • From Animation Magazine
    • As the show continues (to be released in nine-episode patches at each Full Moon), the Big Bad continues to lay waste to moons around the galaxy, driving other Moonflowers to gather around Hanazuki. This bouquet of heroes must learn how to wield the power of their emotions from Hanazuki, and band together to save the universe they were sent to protect.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/top-stories/hasbros-hanazuki-is-a-new-digital-treasure/

7. PinkiePie97

Just finished watching the rest of the episodes and this is definitely something I'm going to keep up with. That description given by Animation Magazine sounds interesting.

8. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Seems interesting enough - I'll keep up and see where it goes.

9. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Looks interesting, might check it out one day

10. SaneMan

I love how Toonzone and 4chan seem to be the only sites aware of this series at this point

11. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Seen all 9 episodes, love it, though the way they ended it with this cliffhanger, kind of a jerk move, but I get it, you have to leave them wanting more.

In terms of influence, I see some 80's influence with shows like Rainbow Bright and Moondreamers. And of course some anime, the main character sounds anime. Though also has some feels to modern shows like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Star vs the Forces of Evil.

And the way it ended defantely felt the SU vibe, Hinazuki = Steven, Sleepy Unicorn = Crystal Gems, and I guess Kenazuki = Homeworld Gem? Being stuck there that reminds me of Peridot in season 2 pre redemption arc.

Let's hope they don't troll as much as SU and give us answers soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #11 zoombie, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  12. SaneMan

Kaizuki seems to me more like Lapis than Peridot

13. zoombie

Actually I think she is a combo of all 3. She got Jasper's aggression, Peridot frustration, and Lapis mysterious tragic past. She probably a victim of those unicorns, between this and Gravity Falls, unicorns had not had a good rep lately. I wonder what the dead flower means, does it mean she is dying, or her planet is dead and her powers are gone. I wonder if she is going to get healed by the power of friendship or something Obviously she is not going to die.

In the extended opening that was used in episode 1, when the darkness you see that is scared. So clearly crap has happened.

#13 zoombie, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  14. PinkiePie97

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

This show is getting a TV broadcast in Canada (and likely other international markets), which makes me think it's only launching on Youtube because Discovery Family is an unofficial member of the The Walking Dead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. PinkiePie97

Yeah, I figured it it wasting released on YouTube because all Discovery Family really has going for it at this point is MLP and I'm not sure Hasbro wants to sell a show to another network in the U.S. after Cartoon Network's treatment of Robots in Disguise. What channel is it airing on in Canada?

#16 PinkiePie97, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  17. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I am pretty sure we will get in on TV. We have two channels that love (modern) Hasbro shows.

18. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

It's scheduled to air on Teletoon, Disney Channel Canada and Cartoon Network Canada.

19. zoombie

A promo or trailer I saw on Nickelodeon's website, showed clips of another moon about to crash into Hanazuki's moon, and her trying to stop it, question am I forgetting that, that hasn't happened yet in these 9 episodes?

20. zoombie

If I can make one more prediction, what I see happening with Hanazuki and Kenazuki's relationship. I think Kenazuki will actually grow some fondness for Hanazuki and want to be a legit friend. Shortly after that though, Hanazuki will find out the real reason Kenazuki came to her moon in the first place, which we don't yet either, but it was probably a selfish reason. Hanazuki is going to feel betrayal for the first time, and how she reacts to that, will be a big test to her character. Will she forgive? Yeah of course, but how long will that take.