1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gundam toys and model thread

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by HellCat, Dec 22, 2003.

1. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Since Transformers has one, I felt it was fitting we had one for Toonami's other mighty mecha franchise :p The floor is open to discussion of all the plastic incarnations of mobile suits.

To start things off, what do you think we'll see or would like to see in the future of the SD line?
    Personally, I'd like to see Tallgeese, Sazabi, Zero Custom and the upgraded Captain. I wouldn't mind seeing Gunbike and Entengo somehow too. I also have a theory that we might see Zako Red as a chase figure of the Zakos.

2. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Did Dark Gundam ever come out? I actually considered getting him.

I probably won't pick up SD Gundam figures, unless they rescale them or do a five-pack of Zakos.

3. Chad Bonin

4. Behonkiss

Behonkiss Just put an X here and here...

Higher-level models for those who love to craft is what I'd like. We'll obviously get figures of the major new players when Season 2 rolls around(And possibly another horrible rapping Joshua Seth ad).

And I might as well say that I think I'm getting a Zako for Christmas. Hell yeah.

5. HellCat

2 versions of Devil Gundam were released- the original crab-like Ultimate Gundam and the Final Evolution which appears in ep 49

6. Chad Bonin

In America, I mean.

I know there was a Dark Gundam set that was crab mode with interchangeable body... didn't know if that was a Japanese-only thing, or if it ever came out to America.

7. HellCat

I meant in America (though it goes for Japan too). I think we established long ago that I refuse to use the dub names and I don't want this thread turning into an argument about that.

8. StrangerAtaru

StrangerAtaru Hey, I want to be Ussop!

Just thinking: Bandai or whoever is behind those commercials could be better off creating a special ZZH/commercial for the SD toys. Just think: Zakos criticizing/praising various toys and their "close" approximation with the series counterpart. Just as long as we don't have to hear that horrible rap again...

Meanwhile, with the whole fluctuation over whether or not its coming next year, I just wonder when the Z Gundam toys are coming out. (then again, with the high probability of SEED being the next American series, they may be delayed yet again)

9. Chad Bonin

Bandai has repeatedly said that SEED, SD, Zeta, and F91 are going to be released in 2004.

I don't know if they COULD use Zakos to advertise toys; that probably borders on that whole "Can't advertise during the show" line...

10. Mog

Mog -_-

1/1 SD Gundam models. Or maybe that's a bit too much.

11. Chad Bonin

Well, there is that 1/1 size Gundam head...

12. Mog

Mog -_-

With or without workable Vulcans?

13. Chad Bonin

Uhh... go ask the guys who run the Bandai Store with it.

14. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

Personally, I can't wait for the Captain (both forms), Zero Custom, Sazabi, Tallgeese w/armor, Zapper Zaku, and Baku-dude models. I love collecting Gundam models, that and Pokémon figures/cards. Right now I have 30 1/144 models, 5 SD 1/144 Models, 2 1/100 models (Altron & rebuilt Unit 1 from 0083), and one 1/60 Gundam (RX-78).

BTW, anybody here ever get their hands on the ultra-rare Noin's Taurus model?

15. Spike Mcdougal

Spike Mcdougal The Legendary Outlaw

There was a model? And yet there hasnt been an action figure?

16. Mog

Mog -_-

I envy you, owning so many models along with an elusive 1/60 model. I have 12 1/144 (ZZ gundam, Tallgheese, Heavyarms Custom, Altron, Sandrock, Deathscythe Custom, Wing Gundam, Wing Gundam Custom, Wing Zero, RX-78 GP01, Gouf Custom and Deathscythe) and 4 1/100 models (Wing Zero, Nataku, Epyon, and Spiegel).
    Favorites are in italics.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get more. I would like a 1/60, but the only one I would want is Nataku or Gouf Custom. The others I wouldn't want to spend so much money on.

17. HellCat

The Leo and Taurus both got limited kit releases, each with the Custom added onto the name. For Taurus it made sense since it comes in the Sank Kingdom colours, but the Leo was just the same type the Wing boys blow up in dozens.

18. okendri

okendri The Real Big O

19. HellCat

Thanks very much for the info. I figured we'd see Shute bundled with Gunbike, but Mobile Citizen Captain is an interesting suprise. Speaking of which

20. StrangerAtaru

StrangerAtaru Hey, I want to be Ussop!

You know outside the fact its "that" Captain and Shute is included, I actually wouldn't mind a Gunbike toy. Sure its no Entango, but the guy does have a bit of the spunk.

(waits patiently for "Mayor Ferris Wheel" toy that will never come out due to perverts...)