Greetings! The Toonzone Introductions Thread

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by wonderfly, Jan 12, 2013.

1. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

Hello, I am chirox. I'm trying to get back into the animation scene and thus have decided to join this forum. Animation has been my prime source of entertaining...pretty much my entire life. So yeah hopefully I'll end up a regular user here. If anyone wants to talk to me feel free to do so.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Action!

Action! Active Member

Hello I am cartoonfan2 and I just joined. I am liking the forums already

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. c.norman

c.norman Not a Robot

Why didn't I think of this before? A website devoted to cartoons? Yes!

Greetings all!

I am someone who tried being a grown-up for a while and decided it wasn't for me, so I'm catching up on cartoons I missed (and just enjoying the ones I love.)

As a child of the eighties, I have a soft spot for the old G.I.Joe and Transformers cartoons, but as I've grown, I've developed an "eclectic" taste in shows: Miraculous Ladybug, Steven Universe, Kim Possible, Star Wars: Rebels, Legend of Korra, the Disney Fairies movies, and more that I probably am forgetting.

Right now, I'm binge watching Totally Spies, a cartoon that I almost can't believe exists. It's so...wacky.

Besides watching cartoons, I write bite-size short stories and I also repaint gaming miniatures into cartoon and pop culture characters.
    (I guess I'll add the links when the system lets me. :) )

I decide to join the forums because I need somewhere to share my enthusiasm for new cartoons. (I can get a little excitable about these things.)

Cheers!

-c

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

Hello! I've been lurking around for years, but I never got the chance to be involved in the community. For years, I've seen what a wonderful and funny bunch you guys are, so I hope that you guys will make me feel right at home!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

Hi, I am Haven and I am a 19 year old Sophomore in college studying Elementary Education. I am so glad I found a forum that is dedicated to cartoons. I absolutely love The Flintstones as well as really like The Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Garfield, and The Smurfs. My favorite character as you can probably tell is The Great Gazoo. I also love Fred and Barney. I look forward to chatting about cartoons with everyone on here in the near future.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    #125 The Great Gazoo, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. TheBreezus

TheBreezus New Member

I hope everyone is doing well, I wanted to introduce myself because I figured that was the best thing to do within a forum setting. Since I'm new to this forum I'm not sure what the best topics or sub forums I should check out. So I'm asking you what are the best ones? Thanks and talk to you soon!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Merged your thread in with the Introduction thread, Breezus. As for "best topics or sub forums", depends on what you're into. Looking at your profile, I recommend the Marvel Animation forum, the Entertainment forum, and the Toonami/Adult Swim forum for starters. ;)

Welcome to all of you that have joined over the last couple of months!

8. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

369 Comments, Almost Half a year and 4 Avatar changes in and I have yet to properly introduce myself!

9. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Hey there, I'm Deebee! I came to discuss some of my favorite shows, like The Lion Guard, MLP:FiM, and Steven Universe!

10. ajensendrake

ajensendrake Member

Hi. I like movies and cartoons, so half of this response is why I'm here.

11. S. Crow

S. Crow New Member

Forgot to introduce myself! I'm an animation buff who also enjoys vintage stock music and whatnot. I really like "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" and "Cartoon Planet".

12. Lazer Eli

Lazer Eli ey b0ss

Hello all people and animals. My name is Eli and ever since I was born, I have been a big fan of cartoons.

My two favorite things to do are watching and drawing cartoons. I also have a YouTube channel where I make my own cartoons I guess (youtube.com/c/elijahdasmy).

In the future, I hope to become a professional animator and voice actor (and possibly music producer). That is my number one dream right now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ed Liu

Ed Liu Frog of Thunder
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Yes you were. And you keep creating alternate accounts instead of reading the e-mails and PMs and other messages we keep sending you about how to get back on the forum properly. We will continue to ban your alternate accounts until you either contact the site staff to find out how you can stay, or you can find somewhere else to be.

Your newest account will be banned and all your posts deleted within 24 hours if you do not respond to our earlier messages.

Apologies for the public notice. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Useful Useful x 1
    #133 Ed Liu, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  14. Fleischer-Bot

Fleischer-Bot New Member

Hey, everybody! Name's Fleischer-Bot. I'm a VERY big fan of the medium and art-form of animation and its history (for example, my name's a reference both to Fleischer Studios and to their famous Superman short, "The Mechanical Monsters). I fell in love with it when I was younger, but then went into a phase where I thought video games were my passion. Thankfully, I've snapped out of that, and am now fully back into loving animation again.

One of my favorite shows is TRON Uprising, an absolute masterpiece of animated television that was taken off for all the wrong reasons. It was one of the founding TV shows and movies I watched that got me interested in animation, as well as the one that introduced me to Robert Valley, an incredible artist and animator whose style for characters has been a influence to me. Other influential artists/animators include Jhonen Vasquez, Michel Gagne (who follows me on Twitter!), and Genndy Tartakovsky.

Can't wait to talk about my passion and hopefully make some friends with you all! :D

15. RusakovII

RusakovII New Member

My previous account here was Rusakov, but since I've lost my original account password I had to create a new account.

Good to be back! :D

16. LynxAnimation

LynxAnimation New Member

Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself before I started posting around in the various sections of the forums. To start off, my name is Mike, and I'm a geek, cartoons, comics, video games, movies, TV shows you name it I watch/play/read it. I'm here to read up on news for cartoons and similar projects.

I'm also here as the PR guy from Lynx Animation Studios scouting for some awesome talents, yeah I know...I've got the best job in the world, making money and doing what I love...so yeah, see you guys and girls on the forums!

17. captainbigapple

captainbigapple New Member

HI. this is Captain Zorikh. I work for Big Apple Conventions, do party entertainments, make videos abotu full-0contat medieval armored combat, and am working on a book on the history of the many Captain Marvels.
    Fantasia was one of the first animated cartoons I ever saw, and it blew me away. On TV I grew up with Tom & Jerry and Woody Woodpecker, along with the classic Buggs Bunny/Roadrunner stuff, and disney movies like The Swrod in the Stone.

In mroe reent years I have nejoyed stuf like Gargoyes, Jackie Chan Adventures, Mighty Max, and Liberty;s Kids. I did thing that one of the most sophisticated hours of television ever was Animaniacs followed by Batman.

My exposure to anime has been limited. I got in early with such epics as Space Firebird 2772 and Warriors of the Wind, but was disappointed by Galaxy Express. Akira and Princess Mononoke, however, revived my faith in the medium.

I hope to be able to contribute to this forum in a useful way, spreading news about what relevant things are happening at our convention, and discussing a cartoons with the rest of you.

18. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

I joined in May, but anyway...
    Hi. I am SparkleMan. I love Soccer, Baseball, Swimming, and Video Games.
    I love Harvey Beaks, SpongeBob, Fairy OddParents, and The Loud House.

19. Spengebab

Spengebab New Member

Hey guys it's me SpengeBab

20. CRMartin

CRMartin New Member

Salutations. My name is Christopher R Martin, but if you wish, just refer to me as Martin. And no, my choice of name is not in any way related to the frontman of Coldplay.

I love my cartoons to death, and I am striving to get into the animation industry. I'm looking to enroll in a Diploma course for animation in the near future.

My perennial favorites are the oldies but goodies - as old as the Looney Tunes, the Classic Disney Cartoon Shorts and the Hanna-Barbera Library and as recent as the Cartoon Cartoons of Cartoon Network and the 90's Nicktoons line-up. Though admittedly, I've always leaned towards Cartoon Network.

Current favorites of mine are the Avatar franchise, Steven Universe (though I am not fond of the community), The Amazing World of Gumball (my absolute favorite new-gen CN show), Star vs. the Forces of Evil and The Loud House. Though I haven't been following them as religiously as I used to lately, I have a soft spot for Adventure Time, Regular Show and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I figured that there's no better way for me to show my passion for all things animation than by sharing it with others, such as here on Toonzone.

I also have a YouTube channel of the same name that is centered on cartoons. I do reactions, vlogs and reviews. I'd like to branch off to other avenues, but for now, I'm happy uploading videos where I give my two cents on old and new animation.

Yeah, long introduction is long, I know.

A pleasure to meet you all, and I hope to be as well-acquainted as I can be with a lot of you.

- C. R. Martin

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1