Greetings! The Toonzone Introductions Thread

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by wonderfly, Jan 12, 2013.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

New to Toonzone? Come on in and introduce yourself!!

So what brought you to Toonzone? Share your interests and tell us what's your favorite animation/movie/music/book/game/whatever!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. dfa1993

dfa1993 New Member

Hello! I'm dfa1993. I guess this is a re-introduction. I had first signed up on the forums about a couple of years ago, but I nearly forgot about it and stopped posting about a month later. Oops. :sweat: At the time I was a high school senior on the verge of graduating and now I am in my second year of college. I used to be on the Mania.com anime forums initially and then moved over to the Fandompost.com forums but then I left to take a break and now I'm back on the toonzone forums. I am a cartoon and anime fan. Right now I am watching Young Justice and planning on watching the Legend of Korra in preperation for the upcoming second season. I hope to feel welcome to this community.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

A really late intro since I signed up for TZ in 2011. But hey, it's better late then never ;)

Hey there, I am Ady and I'm a Pokémon fan. *points at the user title*
    I came to know about this place in 2010, while hunting for Pokémon-related news. However, I haven't been that active here when it comes to posting, due to my other priorities. But I do visit this place often enough... And I bug {Shadow} more than anything else =P

4. wonderfly

Welcome to the forums (again), dfa1993! Be sure to check out the latest episode talkback for Young Justice: "Cornered". Also, there's not been much "Legend of Korra" talk lately, but this thread on the Korra DVD's might be the latest. Make yourself at home!

When it comes to introductions, there's no time like the present! I get the feeling you're well aware of all the latest talkbacks on Pokemon on the Cartoon Network forum. ;)

5. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

Hehe... Yeah, pretty much. :proud:
    And pleased to meet you. :D

6. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Hi I'm New

Hi i want to say it's a pleasure to finally post something on this forum.
    I hope to keep doing this for a long time.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using toonzone

7. Breezy

Breezy Guest

Hi! I'm Breezy. I'm a stay at home mom and big cartoon lover. I used to be a big cartoon network fan, but a lot of the good cartoons are being replaced by live action kiddie stuff and silly cartoons. I'm currently watching Adventure Time, Regular show and I'm obsessed with Young Justice. I was a fan of other other Justice League related shows as well. I just got into comics, too. Back in the day, The X-men series started it, but it wasn't until YJ that I officially started reading comics. I'm a big fan of the YJ version of Super Boy and Aqualad. My son is even named Conner Kent. (My husband won that battle. It was a tie for my first son, who was supposed to be named Damian Wayne. He's just Damian, lol)

• Like Like x 1
  8. wonderfly

Welcome to the forums, Breezy! Good to see some other parents on the forums. :)

You mention you are now a comic book fan, be sure and stop by the Comic Book Culture forum and share your thoughts on whatever comic books you're reading currently!

Also, be sure to check out the talkback for the latest episode of Young Justice! :cool:

9. barcncpt44

barcncpt44 Road, Weather, News Junkie Geek

Greetings! I am Nathan Young and been following the Toonzone for a while now so I figured I needed to join! Toonzone already follows me on Twitter and Facebook as I write the Geek Alabama blog. My most popular feature is the Animation Monday piece I do. You can read it at: Animation News | Geek Alabama Look forward to lending my voice on some topics!

10. CLXcool

CLXcool Member

Newbie ahoy!

Hello. I am CLXcool. I have been an animation buff since I was a kid. I have heard some things about this site so I decided to join in and talk about cartoons as well as video games to the likes of everyone. I have a DA account(which I'll put in my signature later) so if anyone on here also has a DA account don't hesitate to watch and check out my artwork. My favorite cartoons are from actual cartoonists over sellouts(like John K, Danny Antonucci, Ralph Bakshi, Tex Avery, Bob Clampett, Pat Ventura, Kyle Carrozza, Doug Tennapel to a few others). I dont dislike modern cartoons, some of them are good but some aren't good(you can't please everyone). I am also a comic book reader as well as a gamer. So thats pretty much about me at the moment.

11. wonderfly

Greetings! Sounds like we have several forums you may be interested in, including Comic Book Culture, Video Games, and General Animation. (or maybe you're more up for Retro Classics?) At any rate, welcome to the forums!!

12. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, the VG board is always open. Most of the topics right now are current games but you are always welcome to make a topic and discuss retro games.

13. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

This isn't so much an intro as it is a re-introduction. Some of you might remember me, but for those who don't, I'm DeanBurrito. I registered to ToonZone a while back, but I had a falling out due to posting rude comments which resulted in me getting banned. To my complete surprise, the TZ mods were gracious enough to reverse my ban a few days ago, and for that I am grateful. (I registered to the forums when I was in high school, which wasn't my greatest phase by a long shot.)

So for those of you who I may have angered, I sincerely apologize and return to the forums a changed man. For those of you who don't even know who I am, just know that I'll be sure to discuss the animation scene around these here parts. ;)

14. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Welcome back!

15. Utronix

Utronix Creator Of Early Hours

Hi everyone! My names Dan, I'm 23 and live in the UK.

I'm a writer by heart and its the only thing in life I truly want to do. Theres something with writing that gets me going. I used to write music, I could never quite get the flow with it. Although people told me my songs were great, I never believed them. I find it really hard to believe in myself when I do things, which makes me push harder and harder to be better.
    After I gave up on music I started writing a cartoon. I knew from the start that I couldn't draw a stickman let alone a full, animated cartoon so I made the decision to get my brother involved who is an artist (trainee graphics designer to be exact). When we worked together for a few days I realised he just didn't see the cartoon in the same way I did so I decided to go alone.
    I've taught myself, over the past year, how to draw and my cartoon is coming along nicely. The script is wrote and I'm currentley working on the background pictures the characters will be in front of.
    I work a full time job (40 hours a week), have my own online business, help run my friends business and I have 2 children (who I love with all my heart). As you can imagine I don't have much spare time for friends anymore. It doesn't bother me but its nice to be able to have conversation with people from time to time lol.
    That's why I've joined this forum, to mix in with some like minded cartoon fans and find out what people really enjoy watching.
    I love cartoons, I'm 23 years old and I've never grown tired of them. The funny thing is, I don't have much interest in real action programs and films. Only cartoons.

Just a few of the cartoons I enjoy watching (including some I watch with my children).
    Family Guy
    American Dad
    The Cleveland Show
    The Ricky Gervais Show
    Peppa Pig
    Doc Mcstuffins
    Baby Jake
    The Simpsons
    Futurama
    Afro Samurai

Can't wait to start talking to you all and well done if you made it this far haha. Thought it would be a little better than the usual "Hello" :bugs1:

16. titania49

titania49 Member

Hello everyone!

I am Titania, and I am a fan of cartoons as well as entertainment in general.

I love the old school Nick and Cartoon Network shows!

One of my favorite cartoons have to be Ed, Edd, n Eddy. Hands down.

If y'all wanna chat, please send me a PM! We can discuss, and I do not mind at all making friends! :)

17. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Welcome to Toon Zone, Utronix and Titania!

Sounds like you both are good ol cartoon fans : ). Enjoy your stay!

18. titania49

titania49 Member

Thank you very much, RockmanDash! ^_^

19. Printzen

Printzen Member

Greetings!

20. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Greetings Printzen! Enjoy your stay : ).