1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Green Lantern RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by redDragon, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC:
    Ambassador Suiji Yamato
    Monday, January 21st 11:20AM (Earth Time)

"Rain is when frozen flakes are heated and melted by the tempature of the Earth and turned into falling water. I assume you know what water is." I explain. Velin narrows his eyes in my direction.

"Hey, how do you know all this stuff?" Val questions.

"I've been a resident of this planet and my own for the past 30 years. I have alot of free time to learn the culture. Anyway, we should find shelter."

Suddenly, a small bolt a lightning shoots across the sky above us, startling both of them.

"Damn, it's Christenson!" Velin exclaims as he begins to extract his weapon from his ring.

"Argh. Just simmer down, it's only lightning."

"What's lightning?" They both ponder.

I slap my hand across my forehead. "They're like chi--" I begin to think to myself before realizing a very obvious problem. "Son of a Toklor, I'm still wearing my ring bearer clothing!". I focus onto my ring and change into my civilian clothes.

"Follow me, the rain is starting to get heavy. Once we get a plan on what exactly we're going to do, we take Christenson down. Rushing into this would only get our heads smashed in. Understand?"

"Yeah yeah" Velin sighs, Jamar simply nods.

"Good, now let's find somewhere to eat, I'm still starving."
    -Cyber

2. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

IC: Val Jamar

Yellow whitish streaks of light flash across the sky accompanied by loud booms. If I knew any better I'd swear there was a battle going on somewhere. On Duldar, V-1 plasma bombs produce similiar light streaks only blue and green. And the boomig sounds, well that could be about any kind of bomb, weapon, or something else exploding.

Velin interupts my thoughts. "Hey I don't want my dog getting all wet lets find some shelter."

"Good idea" Yamato muses. "Follow me."

I don't see a problem with that considering he's the only one that knows anything about this planet. Strange clothes he's wearing now, though it is similiar to what everyone else is wearing.

Finally Yamato brings us into an all and down some stairs into an old abondoned building. Inside we huddle up in a corner and quietly start to eat. I've never seen food like this before, but it's pretty good.

"Hey who are you?"

I look up to the source of the voice. A humanoid figure is standing there but he's obviously not human. All human's that I've seen just have on color of hair but this person has blue, pink, purple, white, and black streaks of hair. He also has tons of round metal rings adoring his face.

"What planet are you from?" I ask simply.

"Duh."

He says.

"Duh? I don't think I'm familiar with that planet. Is it far from here?"

"What kind of wierdo are you?"

I'm starting to get a little confused.

"He's a teenager" Yamato whispers in my ear.

"Are they from the planet Duh?"

Yamato obviously sighs and rolls his eys. "No, they are from this planet. They are young humans between the ages of 13 and 19. They do wierd things to their body like pierce it and dye their hair to be...different."

"Oh...." I say simply. This planet is really confusing but I guess Duldar wouldn't make much sense to outsiders.

After staring at us for a few minutes the "teenager" walks off. Finally I ask something.

"Yamato, wasn't Christenson's weakness yellow?"

"Yes as a matter of fact it was. You might have something there."

"Yeah," Velin mutters, "we can go get some bannanas and beat him with em'."

"I was thinking along different lines....."

I suck my rifle out of my ring and turn it over to inspect the servo power generator. I create a pry wrench to pry off the outer casing.

"You know," I say thinking out loud, "I might be able to adjust the servo frequency and power level so it fires in yellow bursts instead of red.

Yamato appears interested and Velin is obviously lost.

3. Condiment King

Condiment King custom user title

IC: Rob Christenson
    Monday, January 20th, 11:30 AM

By the ever growing crowds and noises, I know that they must be near. I simply hover over the unsuspecting city of New York City. Disguises are useless for this battle. I believe that the trio has no idea what I'm doing. They think this is for something futile like world domination. This is for something so much more important. Revenge. Pure revenge. Over my vast number of years, even I would know that attempts at goals are vague and inconsistent. It is as black and white as the day and night. You either fail or you succeed. In this instance, even the smallest amount of revenge can be considered a victory.

They begin to appear as slow specks in the crowd. Nothing more. Nothing less. They walk out of unison, not disciplined as a cohesive unit. I can see it before I even see their eyes that they do not act that way either.

Slower and slower is their walk. My mind begins to wander as to what they are doing. The time for waiting is over. We must begin now.

As I fly towards the three, their heads turn upwards as does hundreds gathered below. I begin to hear the shrieks and screams of the misinformed, the disillusioned, and the ignorant. You'd think that after only 10 Earth years of a Green Lantern being absent on their planet, they'd remember. Just like Earthlings. Undisciplined. Their minds are so erratic, that can't remember what food that they intook that dawn. Their lives lack order. They would never understand that on my perfect orderly planet of Korugar.

My memories of my untimely banishment from that pathetic Corps by the inname Guardians brings up new fire in my eyes as I get closer. I am ready.

I pour all of my power onto the three, knocking them off of their feet before they could devise a battle tactic. They had more than enough time for that.

"Maintain your foolish pride proving to be worthy adversaries in your mind or die quickly. The choice is yours."

4. The Detective

OOC: *waves* Anyone alive? Meh.

IC. Val-Jamar

11:32 AM

The blast pushes me backwards, a hastily constructed shield being the only thing that protects my from death. In anger Velin gets up and fires a volley of green blasts and Christenson easily deflects. Gritting my teeth I extend my hand and the blasters comes out of my ring.

"You have the most powerful weapon in the universe and you come at me with toys?" He mocks. I guess it is a little silly but hey whatever works.

"Yeah sure why not?" I say back trying to sound tough. I raise the rifle and fire, a seething yellow ball of energy eminating from the muzzle. Christenson moves quicly to the side but it does scrape the edge of his force field, passing through it.

"You were saying?" I say with a cocky smile on my face. Somehow I get the feeling that I'm going to regret that later on.

5. Drachentöter

Drachentöter Good night. And good luck.

OoC: *grumbles* I can't remember anything about this...

IC: Zan Velin, 11:35 AM

Scared out of my wits by the lightning, I scramble for cover as Christenson swoops in on us. As Val distracts him, I make my weapon materialize in my hands. Christenson flies away from the pilot, no match for the yellow weapon fire. He finds my hiding spots and corners me. I'm forced to fire for my life.

The goon is shielded by his ring and the red shots bounce off harmlessly. Jamar never changed my servo-whatchamacalits.

I'm screwed.

Christenson approaches me, smirking. "You've annoyed the hell out of me since the second we met, Velin."

"Yeah, well...I never cared much for ya either. Go ahead, do what you want. I'm tired of seeing your ugly mug."

Rob growls and blasts me with his ring. The pain is unbearable, like I'm being scorched from the inside out. I feel myself rise in the air, feet, yards, miles, I can't tell. And then I'm thrown as if a cannon had launched me. I fly through the stinging raindrops, out of control and screaming.

I hear a crash. I feel glass scratch my face. Opening my eyes, I see glinting and shining everywhere. Above me a sign hangs on its hinge. I make out the words "jewelry store."

I've landed in a roomful of diamonds. With a groan, I fall unconscious.

6. just joined

Height: 5’12”
    Weight: 175 Lbs
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Base of Operations: New York City, New York (2075)

History:

Jaxen Wilder was your average soldier…for the first year. After that, he became a sort of rogue. On a routine training mission, he saw what he thought was a shooting star. When he got there, what he saw was no shooting star. It was an injured Green Lantern, who was dying. Before he died, he gave the ring to Jaxen to “save the universe”. When he put the ring on, the story of how his predecessor died unfolded before him. A rogue Green Lantern had stolen a powerful new ring and started his own army. This army quickly overwhelmed the Corps and killed more then half of the Lanterns. One of the few surviving left Oa to find help. On his way, he was ambushed and nearly killed. He managed to make his way to Earth and found Jaxen. After receiving the ring, he was called to an isolated planet just outside the reach of the new threat. There, he began training with one of the surviving Lanterns and became the newest member.

6:06pm

“How do I get myself into these situations?” I think to myself as I face off against three heavily armed men, my ring low on power.

It all started when I was asleep in my bed back on earth, when the Guardians contacted me. “Green Lantern of Sector 2847, you are needed on Oa immediately,” said the floating image of one of the Guardians. I sleepily nodded my head and got out of bed. After freshing up and getting dressed, I picked up my battery to recharge my ring. “In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worship Evil’s Might, Beware My Power……..Green Lantern’s Light!” My costume appeared on me (the non-standard one of my own design), and with that, I was ready for whatever came at me.

When I got to Oa, I walked into the Great Hall and the Guardians were waiting for me. “I’m here, what’s the emergency?” I asked, still a little sleepy.

The eldest, Galidus, stepped forward. “We called you here because of a great disaster that may come if you don’t hurry.” He went on to tell me that a small band of terrorists were planning on destroying the universe. The Guardians didn’t tell me how they were gonna do it just that I had to hurry.

So I quickly took off and headed towards my destination: Crichton. No sooner had I arrived in orbit, I was under attack by orbital platforms. “The Guardians didn’t say anything bout this much artillery,” I thought, as I dodged blast after blast. By creating a giant rocket launcher, I took out the platforms and made my way to the surface. I was told that it was a small group with big ambitions, but what I found was not small. I counted at least 40 men before I was struck down by an energy blast. Thankfully, I had my shield up but it still hurt like hell! I hit the ground hard but quickly got back to my feet and was greeted by 10 heavily armed men, armed with various weapons of varying intensity. They fired at me in unison, as if they knew what the others were gonna do. I created a shield and deflected their blasts, returning fire with my own weapon. They weren’t expecting me to be able to keep my own. After I took out the first wave of fighters, more came and took their place. After 2 straight hours of this, I was beginning to run low on power.

“Give up, Lantern. You’re out numbered,” one of the men says, his gun aimed at my head.

“Like hell!” I say as I use everything I have to ram them at full speed. After I knock them down and get my bearings, I find their base. I have to find the weapon, I think to myself as I make my way inside their makeshift base. Inside, it is so dark I have to use what power I have left to aid me in my search. Creating a flashlight, I walk down a flight of stairs until I reach the bottom. What I see was nothing but shocking. In the center of the room, is a giant Temporal Device! They were gonna use it to do something big. I know I have to destroy it, and fast. I am just about to blast it with a ring created blaster when I am shot from behind. I look at where I am shot. Thankfully I have my shield up and no real damage was done, unfortunately the shot itself quickly causes me to collapse.

When I awake after what seems like forever, I find myself surrounded. As I sit up, I take a quick look around and I see who shot me. It was Krexler, a smuggler and small time crook. The profile on this guy says that he was an ex Thanagarian police officer, who decided to use his power to make some quick cash. My predecessor, Galen Thal, was the man responsible for arresting him. Of course, Krexler had friends and was quickly released. The Corps has been after him for years. He walks over to me and places his hand below my chin, lifting up my head so I can see him better.

“So…you’re the one the Corps decided to send after me,” he says, smirking and reeking of Algredian ale.

“What do you want?” I ask, glaring at him. He throws my head down into the ground, causing me to break a tooth. “What I want…” He starts to say as he walks towards the machine, “To become ruler of all time.”

I can’t help but to laugh as I slowly get back to my feet. “You really think the Corps is gonna allow that?” I say, looking around to see how many men he has left standing. “10….damn,” I think, sighing. At full strength, I can take them without breaking a sweat but with my power down to practically nothing, it could be a challenge.

He starts to laugh as he flips a switch, causing the machine to hum to life. “By the time anymore arrive, it will be to late.” He pushes a button and slowly, a temporal vortex appears.

“Damn….no choice, gotta risk it”, I think as I spring into action, knocking out the first guard with a punch to the jaw and taking his weapon.

“Stop him!” Krexler shouts, checking the instrument panel and making sure the vortex was safe to enter.

They all rush at me, armed with knives and guns. I take out the closet with a single shot but have the gun knocked out of my hand by another. Before I can react, the one who knocked the gun away punches me in the face, sending me crashing to the ground. I didn’t let that stop me and I quickly take him out with a leg sweep. I jump up and start punching wildly at the others, knocking them down, just trying to get to Krexler. While I am doing this, Krexler prepares to jump through the vortex. I have to move fast. Without thinking it through, I break my way through the remaining guards and rush Krexler with the last of my power, sending us both flying through the vortex. Unsure of what was to come, I shout as the world slowly fades from view, to be replaced by bright colors and swirling movements. I feel as though I am going to puke. When I think I can’t take anymore, my little trip is over. I come barreling out the other end and slam smack dab into the concrete. Just before I succumb to my injuries, I think to myself “Where am I?” Then darkness takes me.

7. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]Note: Since LM1313 still has not been back to TZ he has been removed from this RPG. His character, Tel'ak Ren, may be used by all RPGers to continue the plot.[/color]

8. The Detective

Actually that member came back using the name Lady M.

9. The Detective

Is it even worth posting?

10. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

Since it's been 5 months since the last actual post and I've heard that not many people want to continue, this RPG is officially closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.